Could You Live In The Limelight?

Principled Man

Could You Live In The Limelight?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Could You Live In The Limelight?

• I'm already there, baby!!
    • Hell YEAH.....The World deserves a star like me!!
    • Only if it will help me SCORE.....
    • Yes, but it would wear on me.....
    • Meh....Can I do it part-time?
    • Don't Think So - I would become a jackass....
    • HELL NO - I don't even like to talk to the cashier....

Could you do it?

Do you have the guts?

Or would you score an Epic FAIL??

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I'd like to be in a somewhat famous band, but nothing too crazy, perhaps like when rush were starting out (there still not famous and yet they are) or tool or porcupine tree...but above that I'd like to publish my novels. I don't want them to be famous or anything but I'd love to walk into a bookstore and see my work of art there. Or a journalist. Not to the point where everyone knows you, but it'd be cool to have people who are into my arts and writing.

I wouldn't mind being somewhat well known. I just want to be able to go to the store or a restaurant and not be surrounded by photographers or 100's of fans. A few people noticing me when I go out wouldn't bother me at all. I don't want to become a household name.

I love talking to people, strangers, whoever's standing in front of me in line X, etc... So it's not the social aspect that would bother me. It would be hero worship, the people thinking I'm somehow better than the rest of humanity for some reason, the creepy fans, and similar situations that would weird me out.

Even after I was on MSNBC for a total of 30 seconds I would have people randomly come up to me and say, "Hey, I saw you on the Dylan Ratigan Show! Good interview!" I'd politely thank them and awkwardly walk away. The thing is I gush about even the smallest compliments because I really take them to heart. Fame in the truest sense would probably be WAY overwhelming.

QUOTE (garbo @ Mar 30 2011, 05:54 PM)
I love talking to people because I am altruistic, but f**k no could I live in the limelight.  It would eat me alive.

Same here. It would kill me.....but I would probably become an asshole first.... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I voted for "HELL NO- I don't even like talking to the cashier"

I've always been one of those people that goes about my buisness rather quietly without much fuss or drawing attention to myself. I've always been a private person, I guess i'm similar to Neil in a lot of ways when it comes to that.

If I did become famous, at first I would probably think it was cool. But I think I would get tired of it pretty fast. Within six months i'd probably start punching out paperazzi and being an asshole to people who recognize me.

Not for me. I work with the public, so anytime I go to the grocery or other store, the gas station, out to eat, etc. in town, I see someone I know, sometimes people I know well (or they tell me they saw me later)! I don't have the option of going out looking scrungy or something (not that I'd want to anyway), because SOMEONE will see me and possibly spread the word!

When I consider people who have this happen to them everywhere they go, and that some of the people in question are touching them, asking for sigs, engaging them in lengthy conversation, and may be SCARY, I can't imagine I could always keep up a sweet personality, even though I know what it's like to be a fan and how much it means to be acknowledged. When it slipped, as I'm sure it would, I'd feel terrible, and it would eat at me.

When you do meet someone in the limelight, and they're smiley and composed with all that going on, you have a very patient, sweet person on your hands. I think Geddy and Alex fall into this category most of the time, and Neil's just become very good at dodging ph34r.gif

I went with Meh... I could probably handle it at a small level but if it was to the point where I couldn't go anywhere without being mobbed, it would drive me nuts.

Not a problem, it would suck at times but its part of the game. Jay Leno doesnt have a problem, he is out and about all the time. I would say he is in it.

Archived