This is REALLY bad!

HigherWater

They need to tell their customers WTF is going on. A reschedule with five days to spare is totally unacceptable and totally bush-league.

I don't have a horse in this race, but damn, if I did I'd be pissed. For me and my family, holidays are scheduled around Rush concerts. How can they be going with, "unforseen circumstances?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 06:35 PM)
They need to tell their customers WTF is going on. A reschedule with five days to spare is totally unacceptable and totally bush-league.

I don't have a horse in this race, but damn, if I did I'd be pissed. For me and my family, holidays are scheduled around Rush concerts. How can they be going with, "unforseen circumstances?"

I agree. Luckily I'm ok with the Saturday reschedule date in Greensboro. I'm curious what caused 2 seemingly artibrary dates to be rescheduled. Doesn't really lend itself to "something just came up". Poor planning perhaps?

Edited by GernTheFish

rush doesn't owe anyone anything really. bush league? not really.

personal issues are just that, and if that's the case no one around here will ever know why, cuz it's not our beeswax... and in a month few folks will care or even remember the moved dates...

"bush league??" seriously?

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 28 2011, 08:13 PM)
Well, it sounds like the Greensboro postponement created a medical no-no with dates too close together for their health/Geddy's voice, hence the Toledo move.

I don't think so. They haven't postponed the Hamilton or the Montreal shows and they're one day after the other.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 07:15 PM)

personal issues are just that, and if that's the case no one around here will ever know why, cuz it's not our beeswax... and in a month few folks will care or even remember the moved dates...

Seriously? Is that really the way you feel? Are you SO loyal that Rush or Rush's handlers can do no wrong? At $100 per seat, you're damn right they owe an explanation! At the very least, it's good business.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of the, "Rush doesn't owe us anything" argument. While true, they don't 'owe' us anything--They should treat us with respect, and a short explanation beyond, "unforseen circumstances" is not too much to ask. Nor is a change or two in Time Machine setlist for that matter.

I absolutely love Rush above and beyond all other bands. They have been a part of my life for 30 of my 41 years, but that doesn't mean I can't look at a situation objectively and say, "THIS IS BULL#$%!" And yes, it is Bush-League. Just like it was Bush-League when Guns and Roses used to cancel or, more recently, Kings of Leon. I wonder, has Maiden ever cancelled or postponed without any reason given? Springsteen? The Who?

Grow a spine my friend. Don't let your heroes, no matter how awesome they may be, take advantage of you. If your ticket says April 1st, Rain or Shine than you have a reasonable expectation that you're going to get a show or at the very least, an explanation.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 07:42 PM)
Seriously? Is that really the way you feel? Are you SO loyal that Rush or Rush's handlers can do no wrong? At $100 per seat, you're damn right they owe an explanation! At the very least, it's good business.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of the, "Rush doesn't owe us anything" argument. While true, they don't 'owe' us anything--They should treat us with respect, and a short explanation beyond, "unforseen circumstances" is not too much to ask. Nor is a change or two in Time Machine setlist for that matter.

I absolutely love Rush above and beyond all other bands. They have been a part of my life for 30 of my 41 years, but that doesn't mean I can't look at a situation objectively and say, "THIS IS BULL#$%!" And yes, it is Bush-League. Just like it was Bush-League when Guns and Roses used to cancel or, more recently, Kings of Leon. I wonder, has Maiden ever cancelled or postponed without any reason given? Springsteen? The Who?

Grow a spine my friend. Don't let your heroes, no matter how awesome they may be, take advantage of you. If your ticket says April 1st, Rain or Shine than you have a reasonable expectation that you're going to get a show or at the very least, an explanation.

i paid an average of $200each for my seats...in cleveland, sarnia, pittsburgh and toledo.

i'm still not pm-ing geddy to see why the show are changed.

does it matter? what if they said lerxt had a hangnail or tennis elbow? would that make ya happy?

and yes: i am that loyal to rush. the only thing i care about, is them making music and me being an eye witness to their awesomeness 4-5 times per year. best 2 hours one can spend IMO.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 09:33 PM)
. Just like it was Bush-League when Guns and Roses used to cancel

and don't compare rush to guns and posers...they cancel shows with no regard for anyone but their worthless selves. drug issues, pussy-like attitudes and egos are not part of rush, never have been. different class of human beings were talking about.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 09:38 PM)

and don't compare rush to guns and posers...they cancel shows with no regard for anyone but their worthless selves. drug issues, pussy-like attitudes and egos are not part of rush, never have been. different class of human beings were talking about.

Be careful, my friend. Throughout time art has been littered with some of the worst scumbags on earth. Guns and Roses, though deplorable in so many ways, revived Rock and Roll during an era of sheer hopelessness.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 05:15 PM)

Artists without fans are beggars. While they do not personally owe anyone anything I do believe they owe their fan base something. It is easy to become emotional and react versus respond.

Had the same thing happen when Social D had to reschedule here in Phoenix last year, and they rescheduled months out.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 04:42 PM)

Springsteen is notoriously late often....my gf saw him one time and he was 3 hours late. That's total bullshit and worse than a 5 day notice that Rush is moving 2 dates. As for The Who, Moonie was so f*cked up one time that he passed out and Pete had to ask if anyone in the audience knew how to play drums. Money hungry assholes played a "show" with some amatuer on drums rather than cancel cuz Moon was too wasted to play. Google it if you don't believe me. Agree with you about Buns and Posers......the absolute worst at being late (2 1/2 hours the one time I wasted money on Axel.....it was him really more than the other guys in the band).

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 29 2011, 01:47 AM)
Stuff comes up.

So true, especially when you think of all the things that COULD happen to mess up a tour date. Rush rarely reschedules, always start on time, and hardly ever cancel shows. If a conflict come up, they almost always find a way to cram these shows in later in the tour.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 09:38 PM)

U dont know what the hell ur talking about- I've seen GnR like 8x since 2007 & they've had no cxed shows- yes they come on a bit late sometimes & sometimes very late but Axl has always been a night owl- true fans know this & then they put on f***ing mind-blowing shows of up to between 2.5 up to 3.5+ hrs. long sometimes- Axl & the band sound simply outstanding , but they do little to no advertising, interviews, etc. so people have no idea & just half listen to media bs -It's pussies that can't handle staying up a little late for an incredible rock show- this aint the Mickey Mouse Club!

Look I can understand someone being pissed about their date being changed. I'm going to catch them in Las Vegas. I changed our entire vacation to get it in and if by any chance they would happen to change the date ...I'm done! I can't see the show! Yes, I would be pretty pissed regardless of how much I love Rush!

So I feel sorry for whom ever this change has affected!

sad.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Mar 29 2011, 05:13 AM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 04:42 PM)

Springsteen is notoriously late often....my gf saw him one time and he was 3 hours late. That's total bullshit and worse than a 5 day notice that Rush is moving 2 dates. As for The Who, Moonie was so f*cked up one time that he passed out and Pete had to ask if anyone in the audience knew how to play drums. Money hungry assholes played a "show" with some amatuer on drums rather than cancel cuz Moon was too wasted to play. Google it if you don't believe me. Agree with you about Buns and Posers......the absolute worst at being late (2 1/2 hours the one time I wasted money on Axel.....it was him really more than the other guys in the band).

Yes, Springsteen would show up late--But then he would play an improvised 3 hour set until 2 am! As for The Who, that story is absolutely true--but I'm pretty sure Pete didn't say, "due to unforeseen circumstances we'll be needing a new drummer tonight." Nevertheless, that story represents a historic moment in rock history. You should also check your history. Bands made very little money for performance during the Bill Graham days. In fact even big acts like The Who and The Stones barely broke even until the mega-stadium shows of the mid eightees. Money was made from royalties. I'm guessing Pete was thinking, "ahh f#$$ Keith is down. Get me a F#$%%$ drummer!" I don't think you can compare it to Rush's current situation.

I don't care that Rush rescheduled, I'm disturbed that they felt no need to give their customers a reason. That seems a little arrogant.

What sort of unforseen circumstance would be acceptable to you?

I did read on RIAB that Toledo had to be postponed because of the April 1 /2 postponement.

If the venue had to postpone for some reason, or maybe there was some sort of equipment issue that couldn't be resolved before the show, saying something along those lines would probably appease most fans.

But really, if the band had to postpone for a personal and/or medical reason, they don't "owe it" to you to tell you why. And it would violate the US HIPAA laws...which apply to everyone in the US, citizens or not.

I'm not saying that fans don't have the right to be ticked that the shows were postponed. I'd be, especially if I couldn't make the rescheduled show. But to say that we are owed an explanation? eyesre4.gif

Is there a risk to any of the other shows? I'm not worried about NOLA (since I live so close), but seeing as my friend and I are literally traveling out of the country for their O2 performance, well... thankfully we scheduled our trip so that we arrive on the 11th and will be in Dublin for a while, but still, I'd like to know if there is a risk of dates being changed since we're supposed to go to the National Stud and Newgrange around the same time as the concert.

Thanks!

And I'm sorry to anyone who can't go to the Greensboro and Toledo shows. It sucks when you dish out money and then you lose it, plus for something you look forward to for so long. sad.gif