RushTour Forum is gone!

Nim2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 28 2011, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Mar 28 2011, 11:39 PM)
Yup, guess I'll be posting here more often too with the absence of RushTour, ah memories..  Looking forward to a super week of Rush shows now, with the Toledo date moved that'll be 4 shows in a week for me.

Nice to see you again!

Sad to see it go!!

Hey Enviro! Gratz on all the shows you are going to!!

Nobody's Hero, Did you see your pic on the photographers website?

DONT buy it, cuz I did and it will be going your way!

nice to meet more fans!

Thanks for the nice welcomes.

RTF was very slow with Facebook taking a lot of members as well as infighting between members and mods and such.

It was nice while it lasted.

Good to see Envirotech and a few others over here.

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Mar 30 2011, 03:33 PM)

RTF was very slow with Facebook taking a lot of members as well as infighting between members and mods and such.

Facebook robbed us of some good members too. I am really starting to dislike the Face!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 30 2011, 03:39 PM)

Facebook robbed us of some good members too. I am really starting to dislike the Face!

I shall never leave you nor forsake you for Facebook, TRF. wub.gif

(If Facebook gets to the point where it's the only option for social interaction on the internet. . .well, guess my internet time will be limited to the occasional e-mail and paying a few bills).

QUOTE (Cygnals @ Mar 29 2011, 04:31 PM)
Wow--that is a shocker, but come to think of it, not surprising. It was slowing down so bad that the only one I saw posting with any regularity was SnowCat.

Add to that the dramas and infighting between members, it was inevitable.

I was a member there too (different screen name) for many years (since 2002), but glad to be here on TRF!

Snowcat-=Troll tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 29 2011, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 29 2011, 03:23 PM)
RushTour Forum is gone!

I thought they folded a long time ago.

I thought they were done after S&A Mark 2. . .I was trying to go over there some time ago - late 2009ish, I think - and couldn't find it.

Anyhow, welcome! The traveling RTF banner was cool, with all the signatures on it. Is it still making the rounds?

I had that banner in my hot little hands for both S&A legs. It was really a cool idea. I don't know if this is true of not but last I heard one of the admins. had it hanging in their basement.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 30 2011, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 30 2011, 03:39 PM)

I shall never leave you nor forsake you for Facebook, TRF. wub.gif

(If Facebook gets to the point where it's the only option for social interaction on the internet. . .well, guess my internet time will be limited to the occasional e-mail and paying a few bills).

I'll never go to FB, either - TRF is the best ever. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif wub.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Here's another refugee ... first post over here. I couldn't believe the Rushtour Forum just disappeared without any warning. And right after I submitted a donation too! doh.gif

Oh, well ... I'm glad there's still a place for Rush fanatics to go and commiserate with our own kind .....

QUOTE (capoetc @ Mar 31 2011, 03:08 PM)
Here's another refugee ... first post over here. I couldn't believe the Rushtour Forum just disappeared without any warning. And right after I submitted a donation too! doh.gif

Oh, well ... I'm glad there's still a place for Rush fanatics to go and commiserate with our own kind .....

Welcome to TRF. trink39.gif

Ken... you reading this? You owe this guy a refund.

I think I was a member of RushTour at one point. I think I joined but never really participated. Around that time I was posting primarily on Counterparts.

QUOTE (capoetc @ Mar 31 2011, 07:08 PM)
Here's another refugee ... first post over here.  I couldn't believe the Rushtour Forum just disappeared without any warning.  And right after I submitted a donation too!  doh.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

bekloppt.gif capoetc - welcome to TRF!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 30 2011, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnals @ Mar 29 2011, 04:31 PM)
Wow--that is a shocker, but come to think of it, not surprising. It was slowing down so bad that the only one I saw posting with any regularity was SnowCat.

Add to that the dramas and infighting between members, it was inevitable.

I was a member there too (different screen name) for many years (since 2002), but glad to be here on TRF!

Snowcat-=Troll tongue.gif

it is on John Arrowsmiths website

store.arrowsmith-images.ca

great pics with lots of framing options, the pic is of you holding your licence plate 'RUSHGRL'........awesome 2.gif

I was a member of RTF for several years, and really enjoyed the meet-ups that followed. I met a lot of cool people there.

Many of us left several months ago, for reasons that don't need to be brought over here. I really did like that board for a long while.

I recognize several of you who have posted in this thread. Greetings!

trink39.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 30 2011, 11:39 AM)

Is that why you haven't integrated Facebook with TRF? Not that I'm complaining, of course.

QUOTE (Boyd @ Mar 31 2011, 04:57 PM)

Is that why you haven't integrated Facebook with TRF? Not that I'm complaining, of course.

I can't see ever doing that. Facebook likes having its arrogant nose in everything -- they like you to think you can't survive life on the interwebz without it. This community has done okay so far without being umbilically joined to Facebook, and I can't think of a good reason to change that.

Facebook seems like a love it/hate it kind of thing. I pretty much hate it on principle -- I think it's an incredibly intrusive website.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 31 2011, 10:13 PM)

I can't see ever doing that. Facebook likes having its arrogant nose in everything -- they like you to think you can't survive life on the interwebz without it. This community has done okay so far without being umbilically joined to Facebook, and I can't think of a good reason to change that.

Facebook seems like a love it/hate it kind of thing. I pretty much hate it on principle -- I think it's an incredibly intrusive website.

Absolutely! When the Webmaster at Progarchives threw himself and the site "wholeheartedly" into Facebook, I started to feel a disconnection. I understand why he did it but it doesn't stop me from hating it.

I closed my own Facebook account because of the intrusion and the ubiquity. I don't want to be part of that.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 31 2011, 05:54 PM)

Absolutely! When the Webmaster at Progarchives threw himself and the site "wholeheartedly" into Facebook, I started to feel a disconnection. I understand why he did it but it doesn't stop me from hating it.

I closed my own Facebook account because of the intrusion and the ubiquity. I don't want to be part of that.

Aside from your feelings about it, what effect did the FB integration have on the ProgArchives site itself?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 31 2011, 11:26 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 31 2011, 05:54 PM)

Aside from your feelings about it, what effect did the FB integration have on the ProgArchives site itself?

Seemed to attract people who wanted to contribute to single topics, or topics just about certain bands. We also got an increase in unsuitable bands (ie non-Prog) being suggested for inclusion on the database. On the whole I guess it was mainly a win for the Webmaster in terms of hits for the site.

We also seem to get more spam. Then again we don't "approve" new registrations...

Archived