Will they do it again?

losingit2k

Now that Rush has done a whole album and Alex has said they'd play Jacob's ladder nect tour do you think they might ply all of PeW? The set might look like this here:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Limelight

Middletown Dreams

Cut to the Chase

Caravan

New song from CA

Instrumental from CA

Clockwork Angels (Epic)

Last Track from CA

Show Don't Tell

Test For Echo

Dreamline

YYZ

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings

Natural Science

Where's my Thing?

Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Red Barchetta

Hemisphere (Prelude)

Xanadu

Encore:

2112 Overture/ Temples

Distant Early Warnings

Tom Sawyer

2112 Finale

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

This is actually a pretty solid setlist that I'd certainly be happy with! I'd rather hear "Where's My Thing" than "Leave That Thing Alone" also. I'm already excited for next year's tour and setlist, and we haven't even gotten to the second leg of this tour yet! 1022.gif

If CA ends up being as good as we all hope it is, I hope there's a ton of new songs in the setlist. So long as they're alongside the following songs, which most of us have been clamoring for repeatedly over the last few years:

Analog Kid, Weapon, Xanadu, Jacobs Ladder, Hemispheres Prelude.

This is really not too much to ask!

Edited by greg2112

You've put together a good setlist but I don't think they're gonna play a full album again on the CwA tour. They're doing MP in full two summer's in a row and if they do another album next year it won't be as special and I think they'll be driving the idea into the ground a bit.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Feb 25 2011, 01:08 PM)
If CA ends up being as good as we all hope it is, I hope there's a ton of new songs in the setlist. So long as they're alongside the following songs, which most of us have been clamoring for repeatedly over the last few years:

Analog Kid, Weapon, Xanadu, Jacobs Ladder, Hemispheres Prelude.

This is really not too much to ask!

yes to all 5 of those songs.

I've spent a long time lurking around here, first time posting. Really enjoy the forum.

I usually don't look beyond a current tour to think about a potential future set list, but for some reason I found myself thinking about this very thing yesterday. I was thinking more about the possibility of them pulling out Signals in its entirety, but as much as I'd love to see it, I don't think it would happen for a couple of reasons. First is Losing It. If I'm not mistaken they played every song from Signals except Losing It on the Signals tour. As many here have said in the past Losing It is a production style song, not really meant for the stage, much like Different Strings (also a reason I don't think you'd ever see Permanent Waves in its entirety).

But I think the main reason you won't see Signals or Permanent Waves played is that Clockwork Angels is supposed to be a concept album, even if just a loose one. I think if the final product includes 8 or 9 songs, I think they play all of CA. They could do it all in one shot to start the second set, but I could also see them doing something like 3 songs in the first set and then doing CA. The second set would be free to do a nice mix of standards and hopefully some rarities.

I'd love to see them pull out Chemistry and The Weapon. I think both are well within Geddy's range right now. I'd like to see them pull out The Enemy Within, Middletown Dreams, Hemispheres Prelude and of course Jacob's Ladder.

I don't think CA will be the final tour (baring the unknown), but I could see a 40th anniversary tour being a farewell, especially if CA is solid and successful.

"Analog Kid" mentioned..after this "Territories". This is Canada, NWT, ON, SK, NB and and so on great white almighty. And also c-cassette rules, as always has, and will be. 3 head, 2 motors, top quality and the feeling of something real..

Synas back and that guitar sound Alex had..!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Feb 25 2011, 11:15 AM)
Set 1:

Far Cry
Limelight
Middletown Dreams
Cut to the Chase
Caravan
New song from CA
Instrumental from CA
Clockwork Angels (Epic)
Last Track from CA
Show Don't Tell
Test For Echo
Dreamline
YYZ

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio
Freewill
Jacobs Ladder
Entre Nous
Different Strings
Natural Science
Where's my Thing?
Drum Solo
Hemisphere (Prelude)
Xanadu

Encore:

2112 Overture/ Temples
Distant Early Warnings
Tom Sawyer
2112 Finale

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

We all know this set list will never happen but it would be amazingly epic if it did.

Well Done!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Feb 25 2011, 11:15 AM)
Now that Rush has done a whole album and Alex has said they'd play Jacob's ladder nect tour do you think they might ply all of PeW? The set might look like this here:

Set 1:

Far Cry
Limelight
Middletown Dreams
Cut to the Chase
Caravan
New song from CA
Instrumental from CA
Clockwork Angels (Epic)
Last Track from CA
Show Don't Tell
Test For Echo
Dreamline
YYZ

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio
Freewill
Jacobs Ladder
Entre Nous
Different Strings
Natural Science
Where's my Thing?
Drum Solo
Hemisphere (Prelude)
Xanadu

Encore:

2112 Overture/ Temples
Distant Early Warnings
Tom Sawyer
2112 Finale

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

While I normally don't get into the whole set list thing, I must say your set here would be f***ing awesome!!!

I think No. After this tour, that will be all for entire albums . Your set does kick some ass anywho.............. 1022.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 25 2011, 10:47 PM)
It's too early for this kind of speculation, but I find your choices unlikely as too many of the songs were already used in this tour.

That's give it even more creditbility, I think! Rush doesn't change their set lists much. More of a rearranging! It usually has most of the staples and about 6-8 new songs, 4 different songs not played on the prior tour, a drum solo & 1 or 2 long epics!

This is what I was taking into consideration for the set list! That and that many of the non-staple songs mentioned have never been recorded live!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

This looks awesome. I'd be happy with it, although I hope they avoid what they did with Snakes and Arrows and not play half the album all at once. Spread it out! haha.

Still a good set. I'd be very happy seeing all of PeW.