Official Available Light Appreciation Thread

Good,bad,andrush

This was one of those songs that I did not like at first listen but has grown on me a lot over the years and I now think it's one of their best songs.

QUOTE (Megadeth @ Feb 9 2011, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 9 2011, 08:52 PM)
I love this song... I just wish the production was not so thin and bottom end lacking.

agreed, i love presto but the albums has no punch!

I may be the only one but I actually like Presto's thin sound.

"Available Light" is easily one of my favorites from the album. Presto is such an underrated album. I love Presto; it deserves more love than it has. tongue.gif

Geddy's voice is incredible here. So full of emotion. I adore expressive singers. And I adore Geddy...but we already know that. wub.gif

I'm open to all of Rush's eras, including the era during the 80s that incorporated keyboards much more dominantly into the music. Any Rush is good Rush. And good is an understatement. cool.gif

QUOTE (Lamelight @ Feb 9 2011, 03:55 PM)
I love this song... I just wish the production was not so thin and bottom end lacking.

No you're not. I like the way Presto sounds. I think it was a great choice for the album and it worked, especially on Available Light.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 9 2011, 04:52 PM)

No you're not. I like the way Presto sounds. I think it was a great choice for the album and it worked, especially on Available Light.

Don't 'mind it' per se, but it is a little too far...

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 9 2011, 04:52 PM)

Yeah I love it too. Wouldn't change a thing (whereas for Vapor Trails I would remix its brains out)

Great song IMHO. Love the lyrics, the vocals, the guitar.... just beautiful and blend to make a really striking song. I love all of Presto but I do see what is meant by it being "thin", especially the bass drum. Still, it's okay with this material and this period in Rush's career. Very underrated album and song.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Feb 11 2011, 10:19 AM)
I'd love to see this live but I don't think it'll happen... Geddy hits some reallllly high notes considering how old he was when they recorded this, and there's no way he could even come close today.

Yes, Ged could sprain a jiblet going for the 'In' each time...

Archived