Gary Moore RIP

New Digital Man

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 7 2011, 02:15 AM)
"So, Phil, what happens now?"

"Well, I've called Cozy and Bon and they're coming over for a jam.
That's what we do here mostly ... jam."

"Cool. I think I'm going to like it here."

If there's any justice that's how it should be.

R.I.P Gary.

Aye...

trink39.gif

1022.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was pretty much my introduction to Gary Moore. He's covering Jimi Hendrix's song Red House. But, much like Stevie Ray did with Texas Flood and Voodoo Child, and Joe Bonamassa did with Blues Deluxe, Red House now belongs to Gary.

Gary Moore playing Red House - Wembley 2004

RIP Gary. You will be missed.

sad.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 6 2011, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 6 2011, 05:06 PM)
Only just heard - so sorry to hear of yet another death...  sad.gif

Gary Moore:
Over The Hills And Far Away
Wild Frontier
Parisienne Walkways
Dancin'

With Thin Lizzy:
The Boys Are Back In Town
Whiskey In The Jar

So many great songs.

Rest in peace, Gary...  rose.gif

No, Gary didn't play on Whiskey in the Jar, that was Eric Bell...

he wasnt on the boys are back either,this was scott and robbo unsure.gif

ALEX SKOLNICK: GARY MOORE 'Didn't Need Trends, Gimmicks Or Image, Just Pure Tone And Soul' - Feb. 7, 2011

TESTAMENT's Alex Skolnick has posted the following message on Twitter regarding the passing of legendary guitarist Gary Moore:

"RIP, Gary Moore. Brilliant guitarist, not the most household name but one who didn't need trends, gimmicks or image, just pure tone and soul."

Moore died in his sleep yesterday morning (Sunday, February 6), hours after checking into the five-star Kempinski Hotel in Estepona on the Costa del Sol with an unnamed female friend. He was 58 years old.

The cause of death remained unclear last night.

URIAH HEEP Guitarist: GARY MOORE 'Leaves Us With A Wonderful Legacy Of Music' - Feb. 7, 2011

Mick Box, lead guitarist for British rock legends URIAH HEEP, has posted the following statement regarding he passing of legendary rock axeman Gary Moore:

"On Sunday it was very sad to read that Gary Moore had died. I was most upset, as I have known Gary for many years, and he is a wonderful guitarist and friend. He will be sadly missed, but he leaves us with a wonderful legacy of music, and my heart goes out to his family. Rest in peace, my friend!"

HENRY ROLLINS Says GARY MOORE's Death Is 'A Big Loss' - Feb. 7, 2011

Punk rock icon Henry Rollins told The Hollywood Reporter that legendary guitarist Gary Moore's death was "a big loss."

"He was too young to go," Rollins said.

Rollins not only praised Moore's work with THIN LIZZY ("those LIZZY recordings with Moore were as good as it gets"), but also his individual projects.

"His solo records were rocking," Rollins said.

BOB DAISLEY On GARY MOORE: 'I Have Many Fond Memories Of Our Years Together' - Feb. 7, 2011

Bassist Bob Daisley (OZZY OSBOURNE, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, URIAH HEEP) has released the following statement regarding to the passing of legendary guitarist Gary Moore:

"It is with great sadness that I acknowledge Gary Moore in this way. His passing has come as a sad and terrible shock and I have difficulty believing that he's gone. I have many fond memories of our years together, both in the workplace of music and as friends.

"I have love and respect for Gary as a musician and as a person; he was one of the greatest.

"Farewell and rest in peace, Gary, my friend."

Gary played on the album Black Rose. I'm listening to it now in his memory.

Sad and slightly ironic death at only 58... the guy didn't lead a total rock'n'roll lifestyle. Your number's up when its time, apparently.

rose.gif

1022.gif

... back to topic ...

Sad Loss, really.

Lost track of him when he started to do only blues rock albums, but his early 80s work is partly terrific. "Out in the Fields", "Over the Hills ..." and "Military Man" belong to my fav songs of the whole decade, and "We Want Moore" is one of the greatest live albums of heavy metal (yeah, we called it metal back then ...).

Amazing musicianship and explosiveness.

Was one of my first concerts as well.

Thanks, Gary.

Send us a jam with Phil and Rory from up there some time.

Paul Rodgers (BAD COMPANY, FREE, QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS) has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary guitarist Gary Moore:

"Gary was a friend and a truly great man. I respect that he played the game his way... no time for B.S. He was focused and passionate about music and was one of the best.

"The last time that I jammed with Gary, he came on as my special guest at London's Royal Albert Hall and proceeded to take it to another level... the place imploded! When he played, he was a man on fire.

"If there hadn't been an ocean between us and Gary didn't mind flying, we absolutely would have created more together.

"We've lost a great British blues man and I am very, very sad."

According to Mirror.co.uk, Moore died of a suspected heart attack, a postmortem revealed yesterday (Monday, February 7).

Ozzy Osbourne has released the following statement to U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine regarding the passing of legendary guitarist Gary Moore:

"I knew Gary Moore for what seemed like forever. We'd run into each other many times over the years and we were always able to pick up right where we left off.

"I had the honor of recording with Gary on his 'After The War' album on the track 'Led Clones' which was great fun.

"To say that his death is a tragic loss doesn't seem to give it the justice it deserves. We've lost a phenomenal musician and a great friend.

"Rest in peace, Gary."

DEEP PURPLE bassist Roger Glover has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary guitarist Gary Moore:

"I am deeply shocked and saddened about Gary's passing. He was truly one of the great guitarists, had a huge talent, and was a musical force beyond par. I am a fan.

"My heartfelt condolences go to his family, friends, and fans all over the world."

Archived