Meet The Fockers

kazzman

I really want to see this..."Meet the Parents" was SOOOOOOO funny.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Apr 26 2005, 11:10 PM)
Is it rentable/pay per view yet?

Yes

Rentable,buyable and all that good stuff applaudit.gif laugh.gif

Just watched Meet the Parents for the first time, now I guess I have to see meet the fockers... This movie was painful to watch.. I almost turned it off half way through, but the ending made it worth while.. Some real funny moments, especially the very end.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 1 2006, 05:01 AM)
Just watched Meet the Parents for the first time, now I guess I have to see meet the fockers... This movie was painful to watch.. I almost turned it off half way through, but the ending made it worth while.. Some real funny moments, especially the very end.

ouch how do u say taht about that film!

I thought Meet The Fockers was better then parents..but they were both hilarious to me.

I thought both movies were funny, but MTP was better because you just didn't know what was coming. I LMAO for the entire movie. As far as sequels go, MTF was very good though! A must see if you like comedys.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Apr 1 2006, 02:08 AM)
Just watched Meet the Parents for the first time, now I guess I have to see meet the fockers...  This movie was painful to watch..  I almost turned it off half way through, but the ending made it worth while..    Some real funny moments, especially the very end.

I thought Meet The Fockers was better then parents..but they were both hilarious to me.

I know what Earthshine means. For me, Meet the Parents was HILARIOUS, but it was painful to watch as Ben Stiller's character was constantly in these extremely akward, embarrassing and difficult situations that just made me cringe, even though it was REALLY funny. I was surprised when Meet The Fockers got only mediocre reviews, as I thought if it wasn't as good as the first one, it was damn close. Really, a must see couple of movies regardless. When Ben Stiller has good material to work with, the guy is a comic genius. Of course, eveyone else was great in them to...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2006, 07:54 AM)
I know what Earthshine means. For ma, Meet the Parents was HILARIOUS, but it was painful to watch is Ben Stiller's character was constantly in these extremely akward, embarrassing and difficult situations that just made ma cringe, even though it was REALLY funny.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this problem when watching movies. If there are extremely embarrasing situations, sometimes I just turn the damn DVD player off. Usually it is in comedies. I've missed out on watching a lot of good movies because of this. I just get so uncomfortable, I'd rather turn the thing off and do something else. (like pop in a Rush DVD!).

I know, it's weird. What is more bizarre is that I don't get those feelings in the movie theater. If I'm in a theater full of people, I can enjoy those scenarios for what they are, and have no problems with them.....

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 1 2006, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2006, 07:54 AM)
I know what Earthshine means.  For ma, Meet the Parents was HILARIOUS, but it was painful to watch is Ben Stiller's character was constantly in these extremely akward, embarrassing and difficult situations that just made ma cringe, even though it was REALLY funny.

I'm glad I'm newt the only one that has this problem when watching movies. If there are extremely embarrasing situations, sometimes I just turn the damn DVD player off. Usually it is in comedies. I've missed out on watching a lot of good movies because of this. I just get so uncomfortable, I'd rather turn the thing off and do something else. (like pop in a Rush DVD!).

I know, it's weird. What is more bizarre is that I don't get those feelings in the movie theater. If I'm in a theater full of people, I can enjoy those scenarios for what they are, and have no problems with them.....

I know exactly what you guys are talking about. And it isn't just in comedies that I feel that way, either.

Edited by anagramking

In mtf i found a realllly big screwup during the movie...theres a couple i found but this one is great.

During the movie when De Niro is pulling out of the focker driveway in his big trailer they show it driving away from the side with stiller and everyone like yelling at him to come back...if you look at the reflection of the vehicle you can see all the camera men and tents and stuff....its hilarious.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Apr 1 2006, 02:03 PM)
In mtf i found a realllly big screwup during the movie...theres a couple i found but this one is great.

During the movie when De Niro is pulling out of the focker driveway in his big trailer they show it driving away from the side with stiller and everyone like yelling at him to come back...if you look at the reflection of the vehicle you can see all the camera men and tents and stuff....its hilarious.

There's a ton of goofs in this. Just take a look at the IMDb list. I mean, even longer dramas don't have this many errors.

Continuity: During their fondue dinner, the arrangement of the fondue forks in the pot changes drastically between shots.

Continuity: When Mr. Jinx lets Little Jack out of his playpen, the gate is left open. However, in the next shot when Moses the dog is chasing Mr. Jinx, the gate is shut and properly locked. In the next shot, the gate is open again.

Continuity: When Roz is giving Jack a massage, Greg opens the blinds to look into the room. When he opens the door, the blinds are closed. In the next shot, however, the blinds are open again.

Continuity: The amount of whipped cream on Bernie's face changes between shots, even after he has stopped wiping it off with the towel.

Continuity: During the entire dinner scene, the amounts of wine in the glasses change several times.

Continuity: When Greg walks in on his parents, he is holding the cowboy hat in his right hand, in the next shot, however, he is motioning with the cowboy hat in his left hand.

Continuity: When Roz, Pam, and Dina are shopping, Pam holds up a blue dress and looks at it in the mirror. In the mirror angle, she isn't smiling, but in the next shot she is smiling.

Continuity: After Little Jack, says the curse word to Jack, you can see Pam put her hands to her mouth in the background, but in the next shot, her arms are still down and then she puts her hands to her mouth.

Continuity: When Greg goes into the room where Jack and Dina will be staying, he moves a figurine from the bedside table, hiding it behind the table itself. When they end up going in later, the figure is back where it started.

Continuity: When Greg is looking throught Little Jack's basket of toys, he holds up the wooden plank with the colored blocks on it, but in the next shot, the block colors are reversed even though he didn't turn the plank around.

Continuity: Greg is injecting with the truth serum on the left-hand side of his neck. However, when it is revealed to all of the characters that Jack injected Greg, Greg points to his right-hand side as the point of injection.

Revealing mistakes: When Greg picks up the brick to throw at the RV, we can clearly see it "compress" in his hand, showing that it is made of sponge, newt real brick.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When the minister is playing the wooden flute at the wedding, the pipes he blows are clearly unrelated to the sounds being produced (low notes vs high notes). Also, his mouth moves to other notes on the flute while the previous note continues to be heard.

Continuity: The plunger in the syringe of sodium pentothal changes its position between shots.

Continuity: Jack's hand changes position on the brick between shots as he is trying to give it to Greg.

Continuity: When Bernie is lying in front of Jack's RV, his position changes from shot to shot although he does newt move

Continuity: When Jack is making the announcement in the RV there is a shot of Greg clapping. In the reflection of the window Jack is speaking into the microphone. Then when finished talking he puts the microphone back into it's place. Jack offers to let Greg honk the horn. When Greg says, "Sure" the reflection of the window shows Jack still speaking into the microphone even though he had set it down.

Continuity: During Jack's massage, his head is alternately on/off the headrest between shots.

Continuity: The amount of lipstick on Greg's face after Isabel kisses his cheek at dinner.

Revealing mistakes: When little jack is discovered to have glued his hands to the rum bottle, a string and possibly some tape are visible holding the bottle to his hand.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Bernie is going to fight with Jack, Jack warns him that it would "bring his demise". While Jack is speaking the camera is shooting over his left shoulder and it can be seen that Jack's mouth is newt moving.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Greg and Jack are talking while driving in the camper at night, the shots of Greg all show Jack reflected in the window beside him, and vice versa. In a few of these reflections, the person appears to be speaking when they are newt - and Jack is seen speaking into the microphone when he is newt.

Continuity: The cherries in Greg's drink appear and disappear between shots when they are having a drink after the two families first meet.

Revealing mistakes: LJ's body double... a doll with completely different colored hair is seen in at least two shots. One in the trailer, when Jack is explaining the feeding process and the other, when he is supposed to be sleeping in the crib...

Continuity: When Greg and Pam are getting ready for their trip to Florida the zipper on the suitcase changes position from open to closed to open.

Continuity: When Greg is talking to his parents there are two candles to his right by the door. In the first shot both candles are lit, in the second - only the top candle - and in the third they are both lit again.

Continuity: When Bernie is going to fight with Jack, Jack has his arms folded in some shots but newt others.

Continuity: When Jack meets Greg's "supposed" son at Isabel's home for the first time, Jack alternates between having his arms crossed with his hands on his hips between shots.

Continuity: When Jack and Little Jack are driving off in the RV, the reflection of the camera crew is visible on the outside of the vehicle. Jockstrap on the Wall of Fame disappears between shots

Continuity: Upon Greg and the Byrne's arriving at the Fockers' home, Greg hugs his father. Bernard is sweating and when he hugs Greg, the sweat disappears and reappears between shots.

Continuity: While they are playing football in the yard, Bernard's sweat changing between shots.

Continuity: When Greg and Jack are talking in the RV while on the way to Greg's parents house, Jack makes an announcement on the PA system. After he puts the microphone down, you can still see it in his hand in the reflection in the window behind Greg.

Errors in geography: In Chicago street signs are green newt blue.

Continuity: When Gaylord has been injected with the truth serum and is talking on stage, his microphone is sometimes loose in his hand and sometimes stuck on the microphone stand.

Continuity: When Bernie is sitting on the toilet while Jack is in the shower, in one shot he has bare feet and the next he has socks on.

Continuity: When the whole family is eating supper on the formal dining table, the little Jack is behind the mom and dad of the girl in his playpen. When they change back and forward to Gaylord the kid disappears.

Errors in geography: Jack's home is in Coconut Grove, which he says is an island. It is newt; it's a neighborhood located south of downtown Miami.

Factual errors: There is no Latvian naming tradition like the one Gunther describes.

Continuity: When Greg is talking to Roz after interrupting her sex therapy class, Roz's hand is on Greg's shoulder in one shot, then is free in the next.

Continuity: When Bernie is first introduced in the film he hugs and kisses Greg leaving some sweat on Greg's shirt. The sweat alternates from a spot of sweat to a long line of sweat and back again between shots.

Continuity: During the engagement party Jack hands his daughter a "wine spritzer" to take to her mother. The color of the drink changes from dark to white between takes

Continuity: In the wedding dance scene, we see a sequence of shots in which Pam can be seen alternately cradling LJ or newt holding him at all.

Continuity: While Greg is babysitting Little Jack and sings the song, LJ's hands change positions from shot to shot.

Continuity: When Greg talks to Roz for the first time she hugs him and her hands are on/off/on his shoulders between shots.

Continuity: When Jack takes 3 quick photos of Jorge with his camera pen, Jorge is newt smiling and he is looking straight ahead. However, when Jack uploads the photos in the email he sends from the command center of the RV, Jorge is smiling in the first photo and has his head turned in the third photo.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Apr 1 2006, 02:08 AM)
Just watched Meet the Parents for the first time, now I guess I have to see meet the fockers...  This movie was painful to watch..  I almost turned it off half way through, but the ending made it worth while..    Some real funny moments, especially the very end.

I just did.