Cutler's MRI results

Lost In Xanadu

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler is as tough as they come. Lovie pulled him out of the game, and it was the right decision because he had a small tare in his MCL.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 25 2011, 08:21 AM)
Cutler is as tough as they come.

He may be tough, but that statement is false... sorry.

Phillip Rivers continued to play with a torn ACL, not a sprained MCL

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 25 2011, 09:21 AM)
Cutler is as tough as they come.  Lovie pulled him out of the game, and it was the right decision because he had a small tear in his MCL.

It was a 2nd degree sprain, to be accurate. It's a pretty serious injury, so any decisions made by da Bears should not be questioned, IMO.

Also, we should consider the possibility that Cutler's performance was a factor in his getting yanked. To be honest, he was pretty bad. Way off target on most of his passes. Hanie played much better.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 25 2011, 10:21 AM)
Cutler is as tough as they come.  Lovie pulled him out of the game, and it was the right decision because he had a small tare in his MCL.

Cutler is as tough as they come???? Really????

Yeah, I don't think so. As much as I hate the dickhead, Farve is as tough as they come. He would have finished the game without a doubt. No matter what!

You want to argue Cutler is as tough as Farve? I didn't think so.

If you can pedal the stationary bike Cutler was pedaling at all, you stay in a championship game. Period!

Cutler is a whining selfish wussie, IMO!

I AM SO GLAD DENVER GOT RID OF HIS MALCONTENT ASS!!! 1022.gif

Edited by tick

LOL, sorry - this is funny.... (from the Onion, last week - not this week)

CHICAGO - Silencing once and for all the multitude of critics who said he did not have what it took to be a postseason quarterback, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler led the Bears to the NFC Championship Game last Sunday by defeating the 8-10 Seattle Seahawks, by far the worst team ever to make the playoffs. "I think I've demonstrated what I'm truly capable of when I'm playing to my strengths," said Cutler, who threw for two touchdowns against Seattle's godawful 27th-ranked defense and had a four-game interception streak snapped only because Seahawks safety Jordan Babineaux inexplicably muffed a pass thrown at the goal line. "People got to see my true potential today." Cutler will play his first postseason game against an opponent with a winning record Sunday.

A lot of it has to do with his actions on the sidelines. I don't give 2 shits because I have never been overly impressed with Cutler, but his actions on the sideline is what's creating all this talk. No scene of him arguing to get in, no frustration on his face, just a "I don't care" look on his face while he cranks the Bieber. No crutches, no ice, no nothing.

I blew out by ACL, and my son tore his MCL playing football. For me it hurt when it happened, but the pain went away. My son said he experienced the same thing. He came out for a few plays, but continued to play and it wasn't until after the game that we realized how bad it was for him. He ended up with a torn MCL and a severe ankle sprain.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 25 2011, 03:50 PM)
A lot of it has to do with his actions on the sidelines. I don't give 2 shits because I have never been overly impressed with Cutler, but his actions on the sideline is what's creating all this talk. No scene of him arguing to get in, no frustration on his face, just a "I don't care" look on his face while he cranks the Bieber. No crutches, no ice, no nothing.

I blew out by ACL, and my son tore his MCL playing football. For me it hurt when it happened, but the pain went away. My son said he experienced the same thing. He came out for a few plays, but continued to play and it wasn't until after the game that we realized how bad it was for him. He ended up with a torn MCL and a severe ankle sprain.

Well said.

Cutler is the epitome of a gutless player. Nothing could convince me otherwise. no.gif

Sorry...and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but...

I get tired of the whole "female = weak" thing.

I (and others of my gender) might not be able to play in an NFL game, but we can be pretty damn tough.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 25 2011, 06:00 PM)

I (and others of my gender) might not be able to play in an NFL game, but we can be pretty damn tough.

Who said that? If your referring to what I called him it has nothing to do with being like a female, at least not in my mind.

Its just saying he lacks the toughness to be a great football player. Its an expression, not a literal statement.

If I was to use the expression, "that's gay" it would have nothing to do with homosexuality in my books. It would more less mean its corny.

atickhum.gif

Right.

So, being a "pussy" and the discovery of ovaries - nothing to do with how women are weak and therefore those terms are useful for sports analogies when menfolk aren't performing up to snuff.

Okeydokey then. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 25 2011, 06:14 PM)
Right.

So, being a "pussy" and the discovery of ovaries - nothing to do with how women are weak and therefore those terms are useful for sports analogies when menfolk aren't performing up to snuff.

This is in regards to the "pussy" remark.

I didn't even recognize the ovaries remark until you are now bringing it to my attention. That went right by me. Now I can see why your comments were made.

Well anyhow, I didn't mean it like your taking it, but my apologies for the offense.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 25 2011, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 25 2011, 06:14 PM)
Right.

This is in regards to the "pussy" remark.

I didn't even recognize the ovaries remark until you are now bringing it to my attention. That went right by me. Now I can see why your comments were made.

Well anyhow, I didn't mean it like your taking it, but my apologies for the offense.

Well...thanks.

smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 25 2011, 05:00 PM)

Agreed. You guys have to give birth, and I can't imagine anything, even playing in an NFL game, that would hurt more.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jan 25 2011, 07:07 PM)
Cutler is a diva. Brees played five weeks this year with a torn MCL. Peter Forsberg played in a playoff game with a lacerated spleen. Read Rick Reilly's story about Cutler on ESPN.

Brees is the MAN baby!!

cheer.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 25 2011, 02:50 PM)

yes.gif

Him standing there on the sideline while the announcers are saying his knee is injured is what got me thinking. I was watching the game with my brother and we both thought it was strange that someone with a knee injury that took him out of the game was standing up and putting weight on it.

I've never had a knee injury like that but if your MCL is sprained shouldn't you sit on the bench, let it rest and not be up walking around on it confused13.gif

Because of the doctors report there obviously is an injury but I know plenty of players have played through worse. It just looks like Cutler isn't that tough at all and doesn't have any heart. Which is a shame because the Bears had a very good year but all anyone will remember is how gutless Cutler was in the conference championship game.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 25 2011, 07:19 AM)
Turns out - they found a pair of ovaries!

(yeah, I know a sprained MCL - just having some fun)

http://www.vagisil.com/images/product-crememax.png

The prescribed treatment...

Edited by Huge Ackman

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 25 2011, 08:09 PM)
Anyone who is defending Cutler knows little about him.

Anyone who is dissing Cutler knows little about him.

NONE of us know the actual condition of his knee, what his trainers and coaches decided on the sidelines during the game, and if he tried/didn't try to get back in the game. We know NOTHING.

When we know nothing, our best course of action is to ZIP IT and stop acting like self-righteous know-it-alls. yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 25 2011, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 25 2011, 03:50 PM)

Well said.

Cutler is the epitome of a gutless player. Nothing could convince me otherwise. no.gif

Idiots.

He was told by the medical staff during halftime that he shouldn't play, and it was HIM who insisted that he come back after halftime and play, against medical advice. When it was clear he couldn't play, then he agreed to stop.

You can play on a broken leg, you can play with a ruptured ACL, but you cannot play quarterback with a tear in your MCL. Your leg would not be able to allow you to make any passes.

I don't like Cutler. I think the trade to get him was questionable. I think he played like crap in the first half before Raji injured him. However, anyone who has any clue whatsoever about football and has seen Cutler play over the last two seasons with the Bears and their shitty offensive line, knows that he is tough as nails and is no quitter.

Morons.