Jacob's Ladder this time?

30kwpa

I recall Alex saying they were "bringing back" Jacob's Ladder and other older stuff (other than Moving Pictures) for the TMT. I was so stoked when I heard that. When the TMT set list was revealed and it was not included, I was pretty bummed. Got over it pretty quick though. Maybe it will be a drop and add for the return part of this tour, like Ghost of a Chance for Entre Nous, Red Barchetta for Secret Touch... etc. was for S&A. Will wait for spoilers and if so... Greensboro (my old stomping ground) here I come!! Heck, maybe they'll come back to Atlanta but play indoors at Gwinnett Arena. Now THAT would be nothing but totally awesome.

I'm thinking this will be one of the setlist alterations. If they do, I'm hoping they'll shorten it a little. I like the song but some parts are just too repetitive.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Jan 10 2011, 08:35 PM)
I will most assuredly be at the urinal for Jacob's Ladder. I don't get the uproar over this boring dud.

cool10.gif

f-d up.................. 1022.gif Edited by metaldad

Knowing MY luck, since I can't afford to catch Rush this time around, I'll bet my life savings that Jacob's Ladder gets added to the setlist this year.

My take:

Jacob's Ladder will definitely be in the 2nd leg setlist.

They will also add a new CA song, likely replacing either Stick it Out or Faithless.

Then there's very slight chance theres another swap-out but dont hold your breath.

Not enough to get me to drop more dough for a second time this tour. Looking forward to the full CA tour (hopefully indoors) in 2012!

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Jan 11 2011, 12:04 PM)
It didn't matter to me that it wasn't played last year.

It only mattered to me in that I always felt the set was one song short. More specifically, it was one "vault" song short. We all knew we'd get to hear The Camera Eye and Vital Signs, and the other older songs are songs that they have played for years. Last tour we got Entre Nous, Circumstances and A Passage to Bangkok. We didn't get anything on that level this time around. The closest we got to a song like that this time was Marathon or maybe Presto, but I want to hear something more from the classic period. If they are only going to do a handful of older songs, I really wish they wouldn't have filled one of those slots with Closer to the Heart. I like the new arrangement, but there is so much more from that era that I would prefer to hear. How about they scrap CTTH and Far Cry and just play all of 2112?

Edited by amish_ashaman

I could do without 2112. It's been played in parts a lot and while it's a great album, the drop tuning does zero for it. Strange because I was so glad to hear Circumstances when they played it that the drop tuning didn't bother me at all.

If they're gonna go into the vault, I'd love to hear somthing from Caress of Steel or maybe pull something "else" from 2.gif

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jan 13 2011, 12:55 PM)

It only mattered to me in that I always felt the set was one song short. More specifically, it was one "vault" song short. We all knew we'd get to hear The Camera Eye and Vital Signs, and the other older songs are songs that they have played for years. Last tour we got Entre Nous, Circumstances and A Passage to Bangkok. We didn't get anything on that level this time around. The closest we got to a song like that this time was Marathon or maybe Presto, but I want to hear something more from the classic period. If they are only going to do a handful of older songs, I really wish they wouldn't have filled one of those slots with Closer to the Heart. I like the new arrangement, but there is so much more from that era that I would prefer to hear. How about they scrap CTTH and Far Cry and just play all of 2112?

Agree completely. Not to bash the setlist, but on a "time machine" tour one would expect the kind of gems that they brought out on S+A.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jan 14 2011, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jan 13 2011, 12:55 PM)

Agree completely. Not to bash the setlist, but on a "time machine" tour one would expect the kind of gems that they brought out on S+A.

no problem. you can leave the bashing to me. tongue.gif