What's For Dinner?

The Owl

I'm making prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast with radicchio e fagioli (a recipe I saw on my new favorite cooking show, "Extra Virgin"). The original recipe is, "Treviso e fagioli" but from what I learned, treviso is a milder version of radicchio. Besides, I can't find treviso in the grocery store but I can find radicchio so... am adapting the recipe. Both dishes look very simple to prepare. I'm serving some Italian bread with roasted garlic on the side.

Your posts always make me hungry even when I'm not. :D

Me too.

Its like,

When I see she has posted here I start licking my chops. :LOL:

Well, thank you guys! I love cooking. I watch a ton of cooking shows, subscribe to many cooking magazines, I have a cooking club, I even read those little pamphlets they hand out at the grocery stores and am planning on going to culinary school next year to become a chef. Which is why it pains me to say I'm surrounded by picky eaters and it drives me right crazy.

• Like 2

I'm making prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast with radicchio e fagioli (a recipe I saw on my new favorite cooking show, "Extra Virgin"). The original recipe is, "Treviso e fagioli" but from what I learned, treviso is a milder version of radicchio. Besides, I can't find treviso in the grocery store but I can find radicchio so... am adapting the recipe. Both dishes look very simple to prepare. I'm serving some Italian bread with roasted garlic on the side.

Me too.

Its like,

Well, thank you guys! I love cooking. I watch a ton of cooking shows, subscribe to many cooking magazines, I have a cooking club, I even read those little pamphlets they hand out at the grocery stores and am planning on going to culinary school next year to become a chef. Which is why it pains me to say I'm surrounded by picky eaters and it drives me right crazy.

Thats cool,

Good luck with your schooling. When you open your restaurant, do I get a free life time pass on meals? :P

• Like 1

Me too.

Its like,

Thats cool,

Good luck with your schooling. When you open your restaurant, do I get a free life time pass on meals? :P

Yes, Janie. There is no doubt in my mind that you will become quite the chef! Just don't forget to open two restaurants - one in your city and one to liven up the east side of the state too! :)

Janie, from my heart, I truly admire you. You appear to be a genuinely happy camper and seem to have it all together.

• Like 1

Me too.

Its like,

Thats cool,

Yes, Janie. There is no doubt in my mind that you will become quite the chef! Just don't forget to open two restaurants - one in your city and one to liven up the east side of the state too! :)

Janie, from my heart, I truly admire you. You appear to be a genuinely happy camper and seem to have it all together.

Awww, thanks! That made me feel good. :) I feel comfortable in my own skin but, honestly, it took me a long time to get here. Lots of things to go through and experience. I'm thankful for a lot of things and I look forward to all the new things I'll experience in the years to come. Kind of going through a bit of a lifetime change again but all is good. Challenges are good. Sh*t like this that builds character. :LOL:

And it says a lot for the person who sees that in others, my friend.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 2

Me too.

Its like,

Thats cool,

Awww, thanks! That made me feel good. :) I feel comfortable in my own skin but, honestly, it took me a long time to get here. Lots of things to go through and experience. I'm thankful for a lot of things and I look forward to all the new things I'll experience in the years to come. Kind of going through a bit of a lifetime change again but all is good. Challenges are good. Sh*t like this that builds character. :LOL:

And it says a lot for the person who sees that in others, my friend.

:hug2:

spaghetti and meatballs. i also put mushrooms in the sauce because that's the shit i do like.
  • Like 1

Greek. For once, my local favorite Greek joint of five years screwed everything up. Was quite disappointed.

Might make a cup of noodles to supplement "dinner".

Pizza!!!!!

Same. A large dose of the Little Caesar's variety.

Did maths and found it costs less per ounce than the Red Baron pizzas at my grocer.

Pizza!!!!!

Same. A large dose of the Little Caesar's variety.

Did maths and found it costs less per ounce than the Red Baron pizzas at my grocer.

Tough to beat, pricewise.

That sounds good, Troutman. If I lived with you, I'd pack on the ounces in no time flat. :LOL:

Well,

This is healthy so I do not feel guilty. All food in moderation. :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1