ya know what scared the sh*t out of me this tour?

Snow-Dog2112

It didn't really scare me that much, but then again I was in the back of the lawn... sad.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Dec 25 2010, 04:34 PM)
It kind of got me too at the 1st show, then 2nd show I was waiting for it.. 1022.gif

Yeah, it startled me the first show...and at the second show too (I was so caught up in the moment that I had forgotten about it. laugh.gif ). Third and fourth shows, I expected it. cool.gif cool.gif

What scared me was the first shoot-up of fire during "Caravan" and the explosion/clap during "Far Cry" -- should've expected the latter but I wasn't prepared! Freaked the heck out of me!

I knew it was coming, thanks to youtube videos. Still pretty loud though, made me jump. And no it wasn't on ASOH, it was a new effect for the Time Machine tour.

Also, did anyone notice the flash of light when Geddy says "more than just a flash"?

Edited by shaun3701

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 25 2010, 10:48 PM)
I knew it was coming, thanks to youtube videos. Still pretty loud though, made me jump. And no it wasn't on ASOH, it was a new effect for the Time Machine tour.

Also, did anyone notice the flash of light when Geddy says "more than just a flash"?

I noticed it in marathon when Geddy sings "Something always fire the light that gets in your eyes" It was just epic

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Dec 25 2010, 12:39 PM)
That big bang during marathon! scared the crap outa me!

Me too! It was really loud in the front part of the amphitheater, echoing off the metal walls. I was like, "Jeez guys, you could warn us!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Dec 26 2010, 12:34 PM)
It knocked Geddy's mic off the stand at West Palm Beach, It was definitely too loud.

how did he compensate? By using the keyboard mic?

EDIT: Forgot, the song has keys all over it, so that's a no-go.

Well shit, he must've left out. 'in the long run" or whatever line it was after the bang.

Edited by D3strukt

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 26 2010, 08:01 AM)
I didn't go to a show, but from what I heard, it was kind of loud. (okay, really loud, it drowned out the band, completely).

I think it might've been a bit too loud.

It sounded like someone firing a gun into a microphone. It was louder than the band, but it lasted a split second so it was no big deal. Just made people jump lol.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 26 2010, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Dec 26 2010, 12:34 PM)
It knocked Geddy's mic off the stand at West Palm Beach, It was definitely too loud.

how did he compensate? By using the keyboard mic?

EDIT: Forgot, the song has keys all over it, so that's a no-go.

Well shit, he must've left out. 'in the long run" or whatever line it was after the bang.

By missing out;

"In the long run,

From first to last

The peak is never passed

Something...."

Until a man came and attached the spare.

In that video, Geddy does a gun motion with his hand at the band.

Maybe HE knocked the mic off, not the explosion itself. Either way, I wish I could see his expression while it was happening. He was probably laughing, all things considered.

I knew it was coming, and I did a fist-pump too.

Edited by GuitarPlyr01

QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Dec 27 2010, 11:09 PM)
Maybe HE knocked the mic off, not the explosion itself.

I can't really understand how it happened in either of those cases though, because the way he has that mic mounted in the stand (different from the last few tours), any impact from the front should push it further into the mount.

It doesn't really matter anyway, however it happened, it was inconvenient for Geddy. There was another angle [which I can no longer find] which showed his face better, and he looked a little bit (as I am) confused.