Guitar players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 21 2012, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 21 2012, 06:12 PM)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/01_z_zps09c562c2.jpg

My latest acquisition!

This is a Crafted in Japan (not to be confused with Made in Japan) TL52-88TX.

This is Fender Japan's take on the Fender 1952 Telecaster Reissue.  It has an Ash body, a one-piece maple neck and fret board, 21 frets, V-shaped neck, and two Texas Special pickups.

This guitar was made between 2002-2004, based on the serial number.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Very pretty!!

Thank you. It is very tough getting used to it, though. My Les Paul has a very thick neck, but it is C shaped. My Strat is thinner, and my Music Man is the most slim and comfortable neck I've ever played. But I'm sure it is just a matter of working on it and getting the feel for it.

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Sep 21 2012, 09:46 PM)
Im didnt ask how much does it weigh? Is it heavy, most Teles are in the 6-7lb or so range. Looks good! nand they are very well made too.

It is pretty heavy, almost Les Paul heavy. I'll do a side by side comparison tomorrow. My Strat and Music Man are lighter, definitely.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 21 2012, 08:12 PM)

My latest acquisition!

This is Fender Japan's take on the Fender 1952 Telecaster Reissue. It has an Ash body, a one-piece maple neck and fret board, 21 frets, V-shaped neck, and two Texas Special pickups.

I love these. Enjoy it!

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 22 2012, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 21 2012, 08:12 PM)

My latest acquisition!

This is Fender Japan's take on the Fender 1952 Telecaster Reissue.  It has an Ash body, a one-piece maple neck and fret board, 21 frets, V-shaped neck, and two Texas Special pickups.

I love these. Enjoy it!

Thanks! I feel guilty that I didn't play it today!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 23 2012, 10:34 AM)

I'm putting my les paul through the paces already today. How different is the alter ego from the regular delay. I heard it on pgs.com and thought it did the Gilmour thing extremely well.

The Alter Ego is the same as the Flashback except for two modes. The Flashback modes Lo-Fi and Dynamic were replaced on the Alter Ego by the Binson Echorec mode and the Deluxe Memory Man road. I think I would have liked the Lo-Fi mode, but I guess I can get a Lo_fi tone print if I really want it.

The Echorec mode is really nice, and the DMM mode is really nice because of it's subtlety. You really have to crank the effect level on the DMM mode to get pronounced repeats. Otherwise there is just a very pleasant cushion of modulation that your playing rests on. These two modes make it a more attractive choice than the Flashback. But I was wanting the Flashback just as it was before the Alter Ego came it. You can't go wrong with either.

I've had quite a few, but usually only one at a time.

First was a salvaged and pieced together Vox Meteor, used extensively in my first real band.

Then, when our bass player and drummer both left us, I traded it for a short scale Fender bass and

became a bass player.

When we got our bass player back, I traded that bass, ended up with a Japanese Stratocaster clone, played while in that iteration of our band.

Then we all moved away from each other, and I got rid of everything for a while.

Several years ago, I had a couple cheap acoustics and a 72 Telecaster Deluxe clone. No bass.

Sold all that to move, since I didn't want to risk shipping it.

Can't stay away from music long though, so four years ago I bought a Squier pack with a Stratocaster and 15 watt amp. Plus I recently bought a bass as well. I like to maintain my ability to play both.

So now I've decided never again will I dump all my equipment, and I'm working to get back to some serious writing and playing.

New stuff today!

A77as9rCUAAMFsz.jpg

Yep, that's a Tele with a humbucker in the bridge (with coil tap), a Strat pickup in the middle, and a Tele pickup in the neck. Kind of crazy for options.

Also got this. Yeah, it's one of the Chinese-made ones, but it's got decent tone for pretty cheap.

A77a_8NCYAAQxnw.jpg

In other news, I got a gig this Friday with a local band...as the bassist :doh:

Teles are bright. And because the pickups are fixed you can't really back them off either. Not sure strings will mellow things much, but should add a little sustain and body. It will probably still be sharp. I recently put some Texas Specials on a friend's strat and those things are seriously bright. If you want more mellow you may have to swap out pickups. Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

Cool rails by SD (usually a neck pickup) is a humbucker in single coil housing. I think they make it for a tele bridge. A bit warmer to my ears. Then again, I want my tele to chop of the heads of the people in the first three rows. Tele>Compressor>Deluxe Reverb on 6. Heads gonna roll. Edited by micgtr71

Teles are bright. And because the pickups are fixed you can't really back them off either. Not sure strings will mellow things much, but should add a little sustain and body. It will probably still be sharp. I recently put some Texas Specials on a friend's strat and those things are seriously bright. If you want more mellow you may have to swap out pickups.

Oh for sure, I know it's always going to be a pretty bright guitar and that's kinda why I bought it. It just gets a little harsh sometimes, especially through my JC-120. I might do a pickup swap sometime, but I haven't even had time to get it set up properly yet.

Cool rails by SD (usually a neck pickup) is a humbucker in single coil housing. I think they make it for a tele bridge. A bit warmer to my ears. Then again, I want my tele to chop of the heads of the people in the first three rows. Tele>Compressor>Deluxe Reverb on 6. Heads gonna roll.

It's actually got a humbucker in the bridge spot...I posted a pic but it got bumped to the bottom of the previous page. I actually thought about putting Cool Rails in the middle where the Strat pickup is... Edited by invisibleairwaves

Teles are bright. And because the pickups are fixed you can't really back them off either. Not sure strings will mellow things much, but should add a little sustain and body. It will probably still be sharp. I recently put some Texas Specials on a friend's strat and those things are seriously bright. If you want more mellow you may have to swap out pickups.

Oh for sure, I know it's always going to be a pretty bright guitar and that's kinda why I bought it. It just gets a little harsh sometimes, especially through my JC-120. I might do a pickup swap sometime, but I haven't even had time to get it set up properly yet.

Cool rails by SD (usually a neck pickup) is a humbucker in single coil housing. I think they make it for a tele bridge. A bit warmer to my ears. Then again, I want my tele to chop of the heads of the people in the first three rows. Tele>Compressor>Deluxe Reverb on 6. Heads gonna roll.

It's actually got a humbucker in the bridge spot...I posted a pic but it got bumped to the bottom of the previous page. I actually thought about putting Cool Rails in the middle where the Strat pickup is...

That would work well. A lot of good midrange honk can come from the middle pickup. A cool rails would thicken it up a bit. Great idea.

Actually, before I start messing around with pickups on the Tele, I should probably get my Strat up and working again. One of the machine heads fell apart on it. Anybody have recommendations for guitar tuners? I'm hoping to get locking ones.

I like Schallers.

My guitars:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/allgitscouch.jpg

Back row: '04 LightBurst LP Standard, '97 Ebony Standard, '04 CherryBurst Standard, Ibanez RG 540

Front row: Martin acoustic, Ibanez acoustic

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/2guitarsfullpic.jpg

Left: '01 Wine Red Custom, Right: '91 Tobaccos Burst Standard

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/IMG_1742.jpg

'97 CE24 in Emerald Green

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/white20strat-1.jpg

Olympic White Strat

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/strat.jpg

Midnite Wine Strat

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/fourgitscouch7hr.jpg

The four Standards

• Like 2