Guitar players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

Just found out that my local guitar shop has the Seymour Duncan Hot Stack bridge and Vintage Stack neck pickups for Telecasters. Also, they will do the installation. And it should only take a couple of days.

:haz:

Seriously. Guitars are really simple circuits. If you can put together a puzzle you can solder some pickups. Especially in a Tele. Though the stacks may have multiple leads, but a pickup usually has just one wire with the positive being the core wire and the negative is the woven shield around it. Really simple. Just undo what's there and connect the new one the same way and you're done. Today, not in a couple days. Ad infinitum. Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

I'm convinced I have midget hands with fat, uncoordinated fingers.

Lifeson has fat fingers too. And just look at him go.

A short, pudgy bandmate of mine was able to kick my long/skinny-fingered ass on guitar. Coordination comes with time and practice. The extent varies for everyone, of course, but I refuse to believe you're a case without hope.

Django Reinhardt only had two fingers on his fretting hand.

I'm sure your hands will be just fine for guitar. :cool:

• Like 1

A short, pudgy bandmate of mine was able to kick my long/skinny-fingered ass on guitar. Coordination comes with time and practice. The extent varies for everyone, of course, but I refuse to believe you're a case without hope.

Don't you pick on him!! :P

Just goes to show Lifeson's good with his hands.

That is a more recent phenomenon....

We all feel that way about some point. Repetition is the key.

I know and I knew it was going to be rough in the beginning. But I am truly enjoying this. I love playing a musical instrument. I always have. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, it's also relaxing. I love just listening to the sound an instrument produces. I can't wait to get to the stage where I feel comfortable fiddling around with the guitar and knowing what I'm doing as opposed to focusing on learning.
  • Like 2

We all feel that way about some point. Repetition is the key.

I know and I knew it was going to be rough in the beginning. But I am truly enjoying this. I love playing a musical instrument. I always have. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, it's also relaxing. I love just listening to the sound an instrument produces. I can't wait to get to the stage where I feel comfortable fiddling around with the guitar and knowing what I'm doing as opposed to focusing on learning.

It's great when you reach a point where your hands just seem to be going where they need to go in order to play what's in your head and what you're feeling. Takes a lot of work to get there, but it's worth it. I hope you eventually get to play, write, and jam with other musicians. That's a whole different ball game with its own set of rewards (and challenges). Anyway, I'm glad that you're enjoying it so much and getting so much out of it. Keep it up! :)

I'm interested in ambient swells.

The big blue pedal I have has an autoswell mode.

How do you like it? I have an autowah setting on the introductory multipurpose pedal I started with, and it's essentially unusable due to its one dimensionality.

I've sort of accomplished a swell by using a couple of cheap Behringer pedals, a slow motion and a reverb. I'm really starting to think that getting a dr scientist would be worth the investment

Congrats!!!

Impressive signature you have there mrbarlint. It looks like you're all ready for one or two mojo tone lerxt omega's.... ;)

http://www.mojotone.com/lifeson-rig.jpg

Give me those two Mark V heads, and I will rule the galaxy!

:LOL:

:haz:

Well, I won't have two Mark V heads, but I'll still do a lot of damage with one Mark V combo!

And I'm sure my Music Man guitar will get a lot more use, too!

:guitar:

Gear+007.JPGGear+008.JPGGear+009.JPGGear+010.JPGGear+011.JPG

Gear+013.JPGGear+014.JPG

So the EVH painted Jackson is getting remodeled. I am putting in Lace Sensor Golds and making it a 'Great White' replica (Great white being Alex's white Signature Guitar)

So the PRS is amazing. It's a PRS SE Paul Allender model. I got it for $350 at a SamAsh store. It was worth the money. The neck is just right for me, the body is light, and the finish is pretty cool as well.

The drums. So if you saw my last post (P. 46), I inluded my drums. Now I have Ddrum DD1 Electronic drums and it completes my #1 bucket list item (360 drum kit). I got Meinl HCS 14" Hi-Hats, and an X-Hat mount for my stock Hi-Hats. The 2 cowbells I have are under my Meinl china and my ride cymbal. I also now have TreeWorks Tre23 chimes, and a 13x3.5" Groove Percussion Piccolo Snare, which also is nice. When I finish the replica, I will post any pictures I can.

Edited by TFEman

Anybody got any suggestions for a small good sounding amp? I'm primarily a bass player but I've been taking up guitar a lot lately and would like something to use for recording and for practicing. Most of a little practice amps I've tried have sounded really tinny and thin.

Anybody got any suggestions for a small good sounding amp? I'm primarily a bass player but I've been taking up guitar a lot lately and would like something to use for recording and for practicing. Most of a little practice amps I've tried have sounded really tinny and thin.

Fender Blues Jr.

• Like 1

GEAR+VID+019.JPGGEAR+VID+020.JPGGEAR+VID+021.JPG

So this is my Floyd Rose. I have no clue what model it is. The strings go through the top hole in the saddles (See picture 1) and thru the back tube (see picture 2).

What model is it?

Edited by TFEman