Alex 2.0

Alsgalpal

RIAB noted that last Friday was the 18th anniversary of Alex releasing his solo album Victor.

I wonder if Al has any plans of ever doing another solo project? I always wish that someone is going to ask him this whenever he does an interview.

• Like 1

RIAB noted that last Friday was the 18th anniversary of Alex releasing his solo album Victor.

I wonder if Al has any plans of ever doing another solo project? I always wish that someone is going to ask him this whenever he does an interview.

Did you like Victor, Janie? I really love it, I still play it from time to time. It startled me that Geddy's solo album sounds a lot like Rush, whereas Alex's sounds nothing like Rush! I remember that I had previously assumed that it would be the other way round, that Rush was 90% Alex. Not so!

Did you like Victor, Janie? I really love it, I still play it from time to time. It startled me that Geddy's solo album sounds a lot like Rush, whereas Alex's sounds nothing like Rush! I remember that I had previously assumed that it would be the other way round, that Rush was 90% Alex. Not so!

I like it. I'm happy that it doesn't sound like Rush at all. I love listening to side projects of musicians I like because it (usually) showcases their own voice and sound. I loved the band Screaming Trees and then when Mark Lanegan put out his first solo album (Whiskey for the Holy Ghost) it was like this entire other band to listen to because the sound was sooooo different. Eventually Lanegan played with QOTSA who I love and one of their members Troy Van Leeuwen put out a record with his side band, Enemy and that was wonderful. I could go on... I get jazzed about side projects. Stone Gossard and his band, Brad. Awesome stuff. Which I guess is why I still hold out hope that Lifeson will release something else at some point in time.
  • Like 1

Alex in the store of Bed, Bath & Beyond in Toronto around Christmas time. The guy beside him stood 10 minutes with him in line at the cash desk.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/alchristmasshopping_zps97cabaef.jpg

• Like 6

Alex in the store of Bed, Bath & Beyond in Toronto around Christmas time. The guy beside him stood 10 minutes with him in line at the cash desk.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/alchristmasshopping_zps97cabaef.jpg

Alex at BBB?! A super hot, totally talented rock star god shopping amongst towels and saucepans. What a regular guy! That is awesome.

Look at that cute face all scruffy. Hopefully he was there buying a razor and shave cream.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 3

Alex at BBB?! A super hot, totally talented rock star god shopping amongst towels and saucepans. What a regular guy! That is awesome.

Look at that cute face all scruffy. Hopefully he was there buying a razor and shave cream.

Oh no! He should definitely keep the scruff :wub:

• Like 4

Oh no! He should definitely keep the scruff :wub:

He's just so much sexier all clean shaven.

I'd still make out with him though.

• Like 1

Wait, are you girls actively following him around? No real issue here but... wow. Dedication, I guess.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do not lump me into this category. And to specify, geddysgal (and I'm sure she'll chime in) is joking, I'm sure.

However, there have been a few people here who truly did stalk and scared the pooh right out of me. But we're safe. At least, I am. I'm way over here in Seattle drooling over the man. I think occasionally people see him out and about and ask to snap a photo with him. He always seems more than happy to oblige.

Wait, are you girls actively following him around? No real issue here but... wow. Dedication, I guess.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do not lump me into this category. And to specify, geddysgal (and I'm sure she'll chime in) is joking, I'm sure.

However, there have been a few people here who truly did stalk and scared the pooh right out of me. But we're safe. At least, I am. I'm way over here in Seattle drooling over the man. I think occasionally people see him out and about and ask to snap a photo with him. He always seems more than happy to oblige.

Hey, I'm not entirely serious. If I were I would probably stay quiet until someone else said something. Unless of course things got REALLY scary.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

But back to the subject, here's one that made me laugh:

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Alex%2BLifeson%2BArrivals%2BRock%2BRoll%2BInduction%2B6wVi-OB8v5Ll.jpg

"HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!!!" :laughing guy:

• Like 2