Alex 2.0

Alsgalpal

Everything??...just one thing is fine by me... :drool: :outtahere:

Oh the things!! So many things!!

So many.

I shall not settle for just one thing. No matter how wonderful that one thing would be and how he would have just the darndest time tearing me away from that one thing area.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 2

An update on Alex's contribution to John Wesley's upcoming album. (From RIAB)

John Wesley on Rush, Porcupine Tree, and working with Alex Lifeson in new interview

http://www.rushisaba...n-new-interview

"Guitarist John Wesley will be releasing his latest album Disconnect later this month and Rush's Alex Lifeson makes a guest appearance on the album, playing a guitar solo on the track Once a Warrior. Wesley was recently interviewed for The Prog Report and spoke a bit about the album, Porcupine Tree and working with Alex Lifeson. At one point Wesley talks about how he and Porcupine Tree frontman Steven Wilson connected through Rush's music, and how much Alex Lifeson's guitar sound influenced Porcupine Tree's sound on their last few albums (at about the 9-minute mark):

... there was this heavy guitar element to Porcupine Tree that was coming out. I hate to say it but we have to give credit to Alex Lifeson for that. It was kind of a weird sub-conscious thing ...

Later in the interview (at the 16:45 mark) Wesley talks at length about how Alex Lifeson came to appear on Disconnect, and calls his solo on Once a Warrior "classic Alex". You can listen to the entire interview online below or at this location (thanks RushFanForever). Disconnect will release on March 31st in the UK and April 1st in the US, and can be pre-ordered now at this location."

(You'll have to click on the link, above, to preview things from the article.)

I can't wait to give this a listen. :)

John Wesley on Rush, Porcupine Tree, and working with Alex Lifeson in new interview

"Guitarist John Wesley will be releasing his latest album Disconnect later this month and Rush's Alex Lifeson makes a guest appearance on the album, playing a guitar solo on the track Once a Warrior. Wesley was recently interviewed for The Prog Report and spoke a bit about the album, Porcupine Tree and working with Alex Lifeson. At one point Wesley talks about how he and Porcupine Tree frontman Steven Wilson connected through Rush's music, and how much Alex Lifeson's guitar sound influenced Porcupine Tree's sound on their last few albums (at about the 9-minute mark):

... there was this heavy guitar element to Porcupine Tree that was coming out. I hate to say it but we have to give credit to Alex Lifeson for that. It was kind of a weird sub-conscious thing ...

Later in the interview (at the 16:45 mark) Wesley talks at length about how Alex Lifeson came to appear on Disconnect, and calls his solo on Once a Warrior "classic Alex". You can listen to the entire interview online below or at this location (thanks RushFanForever). Disconnect will release on March 31st in the UK and April 1st in the US, and can be pre-ordered now at this location."

Me either. I love their stuff anyway but this just makes it better. I loved Alex's guitar work on Anesthetize.

Me either. I love their stuff anyway but this just makes it better. I loved Alex's guitar work on Anesthetize.

I was hoping for a snippet from what Alex contributed to the album but it wasn't there. :( Will patiently wait until the record is released. Although the release date is April 1st?!

So, I was sorting through the pictures I took at the Austin, TX show last April (read: "I was sorting through the pictures of Geddy...") and I came across this. Apparently I swing both ways: Stage left AND stage right! ;)

1236506_10203705946277007_581197555_n.jpg

• Like 3

So, I was sorting through the pictures I took at the Austin, TX show last April (read: "I was sorting through the pictures of Geddy...") and I came across this. Apparently I swing both ways: Stage left AND stage right! ;)

I really want to make a masturbation joke but I won't. Because I'm a lady.

:LOL: Ok, so I DO have a folder of "alone time" pictures. Sue me! :P

*snicker* I meant more in the way of, him masturabating... because of his super fast blurry hand action on the guitar neck.

;)

• Like 2

*snicker* I meant more in the way of, him masturabating... because of his super fast blurry hand action on the guitar neck.

;)

Only you would see something like that. :facepalm:

• Like 1

;)

No, actually, the guitar is often seen as a phallic symbol. Especially when worn and/or played.

;)

No, actually, the guitar is often seen as a phallic symbol. Especially when worn and/or played.

Seriously. I was joking. :LOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/1970368_1477161629166135_1430152850_n_zpsa2b50d65.jpg

"WOW... look at all those buttons and blinking lights and stuff..."

:LMAO:

• Like 3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/10009890_1476556022560029_2082884328_n_zps9623d830.jpg

Here's some chest hair for some of you ladies who enjoy that sorta thing...

2112 Tour 1976 :P

• Like 6

It would be interesting to know what kind of presents they give each other. I'll bet they're hilarious whatever they are.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/10009890_1476556022560029_2082884328_n_zps9623d830.jpg

Here's some chest hair for some of you ladies who enjoy that sorta thing...

2112 Tour 1976 :P

Oh yeah, that would be me. Thank you! A million times, thank you. :)
  • Like 2

Wonder if he and Geddy still give each other birthday presents. What was the best present one got the other. Doesn't matter what year, whether it was when they were 13 or last year.

I'm telling you, Alex always give Geddy eye drops and eye de-puffing creams because of all the crying Geddy does knowing he'll never be as good looking as Al. Would be funny if they gave each other something like best friend coupons or something. I bet Al would have some that say, "I promise I won't f*ck up any songs during tonight's show." Maybe Geddy has some that say, "Good for one free night of me not making fun of you."

The reality though is, they have the money to buy each other really nice gifts.

But always the eye drops for Geddy.

LOL. That's great. I wonder if Geddy would give Alex a book on golf or Alex would give Geddy a baseball signed by someone famous. If asked, I wonder what each would say the best present was.

LOL. That's great. I wonder if Geddy would give Alex a book on golf or Alex would give Geddy a baseball signed by someone famous. If asked, I wonder what each would say the best present was.

Probably that McDonalds card Geddy got for Al. :P