No Lasers on this tour ?????

gazza65

They should dump all the Laser/ video screens and just play, with Drums and Amps and Guitars. That is all i need

I don't know if they've dumped the lasers. But those LED things are the shizznit!

No lasers at all this tour. Honestly I didn't miss them. There's plenty of other stuff going on and it wasn't a letdown for me that they weren't done. Plus it's not 1980 anymore so the lasers aren't as cool now laugh.gif Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (gazza65 @ Dec 14 2010, 09:28 AM)
Can anyone tell me ...have they dumped the lasers on the Time machine tour ??????...if so WHY ???

Howard dropped the lazers for the TM tour, simply because he was tired of using them. He brought in a lot of other new fixtures & different types of lighting to give him the affects he wanted to achieve. In fact, this is the most elaborate lighting rig that Rush has ever had. While I'm somewhat biased, IMO, visually, it's the most phenomenal Rush show I've ever seen.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 14 2010, 10:12 AM)
They should dump all the Laser/ video screens and just play, with Drums and Amps and Guitars. That is all i need

Exactly. Frankly think the lasers are cheesy as all hell. I'd like them to go back to the stage show they had on the MP/Signals tours. Simple screen in the back and straightforward lighting.

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Dec 14 2010, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (gazza65 @ Dec 14 2010, 09:28 AM)
Can anyone tell me ...have they dumped the lasers on the Time machine tour ??????...if so WHY ???

Howard dropped the lazers for the TM tour, simply because he was tired of using them. He brought in a lot of other new fixtures & different types of lighting to give him the affects he wanted to achieve. In fact, this is the most elaborate lighting rig that Rush has ever had. While I'm somewhat biased, IMO, visually, it's the most phenomenal Rush show I've ever seen.

trink39.gif yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 2.gif

While I was kinda sad they didn't have the lasers for 2112, that spider-type light fixture blew me away. It was just an amazing light show. The only problem I saw was that the smoke machine inside the time machine wouldn't stop at the ACC at it looked like 1/4 of the stage was missing.

No lasers...

...But the other effects were so awesome, they didn't need lasers.

The fire-cannon-things during "Caravan"? Holy COW were those awesome. I could feel them -- really feel them -- about halfway back (where I was). I actually jumped the first time they shot out. xD

What was that big spider-looking thing? It was pretty neat. They brought it down once or twice, but I don't recall which songs.

My only problem was that the forward lights prevented me from taking photos on my camera (bleh!). But that was my fault for not bringing a decent camera. =P Oh well, that's why there are 9000+ YT videos to screencap, hehehe.

Oh, and:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/116319949/imma_firin_mah_lazor_by_Amazondrag.gif

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZORRR.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

QUOTE (Lamelight @ Dec 14 2010, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Dec 14 2010, 06:35 PM)
The lights during Vital Signs beat anything the lasers could have offered.

Now I am waiting for it even more....

The Lights during Vitals signs were pretty damn awesome!

1022.gif

QUOTE (gazza65 @ Dec 15 2010, 06:35 AM)
Hey , I only asked a simple question. .I didn't expect a full blown discussion on how great or how crap lasers are !...typical f'kin Yanks. fing.gif

Wow.

It's a forum. xD It's made for discussion.

You did get your answer though. http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/shrug2.gif

QUOTE (gazza65 @ Dec 15 2010, 07:35 AM)
Hey , I only asked a simple question. .I didn't expect a full blown discussion on how great or how crap lasers are !...typical f'kin Yanks. fing.gif

what did you expect, a yes or no answer from people? fing.gif

if you don't want a discussion start a poll next time and don't give the option of responding.

Here is a hint jackass , don't ask if you get offended by the answers .

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 15 2010, 07:53 AM)

what did you expect, a yes or no answer from people? fing.gif

if you don't want a discussion start a poll next time and don't give the option of responding.

Bingo

Edited by metaldad