RUSH 4TH ROW AVAILABLE!!!

jmdyyz

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Dec 8 2010, 12:27 PM)
I'm a bit surprised by the "go f**k yourself" comments. Do you expect him to sell it for face value? THAT would be crazy. He has something of value and should get as much as he can for it. This is simple supply and demand.

Exactly.

This guy wants to make money on an awesome seat at MSG. Damn capitalist. It's what is ruining America I tell you! laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Dec 8 2010, 06:27 PM)
I'm a bit surprised by the "go f**k yourself" comments. Do you expect him to sell it for face value? THAT would be crazy. He has something of value and should get as much as he can for it. This is simple supply and demand.

A true fan would sell an unwanted ticket for face value, this is somebody solely lookin to make a profit angry.gif .

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Dec 8 2010, 11:18 PM)
When I wound up with an extra ticket last year, I first offered it here at cost.  I'd have much rather given it to a fan at cost.  Just sayin'.

goodpost.gif When ever I have an extra tic I always sell it for face to fans.. ALWAYS!!

I'm more than a little uncomfortable about someone using this forum to sell a ticket that is marked up THAT much.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 9 2010, 10:51 AM)
I'm more than a little uncomfortable about someone using this forum to sell a ticket that is marked up THAT much.

I wouldn't sweat it GG.

Here's why:

- Not much interest from the TRF folks

- We all have access to the Music Today presale and VIP packages (which are cheaper)

- In my opinion, the demand for tickets won't be high enough to warrant being sold at this price.

- It's a single ticket.

- And, he turned off any potential female clientele with his "chicks" reference.

I agree, we let people post ticket sales here but it's always been at face value (plus fees sometimes).

I realize the seller has been a member for a while and doesn't seem to be a broker. Letting this stay seems as if we are condoning the scalping of tickets.

We don't allow people to sell bootlegs or distribute songs or cd's to each other.

This is the same thing IMO.

This forum is known about by the band and their security and I know they have been here occasionally. They like TRF, I was told this by one of the main security personnel at a Detroit show.

To keep our good standing and reputation this thread should be removed with an email to the poster explaining why.

Edited by Digital Man

QUOTE (Natch @ Dec 9 2010, 10:18 AM)

I wouldn't sweat it GG.

Here's why:

- We all have access to the Music Today presale and VIP packages (which are cheaper)

- In my opinion, the demand for tickets won't be high enough to warrant being sold at this price.

- It's a single ticket.

- And, he turned off any potential female clientele with his "chicks" reference.

All true, but we just don't want someone browsing the forum and thinking this is a practice we condone, that's all.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 9 2010, 11:19 AM)

I agree, we let people post ticket sales here but it's always been at face value (plus fees sometimes).

I realize the seller has been a member for a while and doesn't seem to be a broker. Letting this stay seems as if we are condoning the scalping of tickets.

We don't allow people to sell bootlegs or distribute songs or cd's to each other.

I'm sure some see it as the same but it's not the same. The difference is that selling bootlegs is illegal and reselling tickets at a profit is legal.

I would sell an extra ticket to a personal friend for what I paid for it. If they don't want it then it goes on eBay to the highest bidder.

Edited by TheBluePhoenix

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 9 2010, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Dec 9 2010, 10:18 AM)

I wouldn't sweat it GG.

Here's why:

- It's a single ticket.

All true, but we just don't want someone browsing the forum and thinking this is a practice we condone, that's all.

Good point. If it's something you guys frown upon...

He's not going to get any interest here, so no big deal.

Legal or not, most members here frown on scalping. (That's what it is - whether it's one guy with one ticket as opposed to the assholes who buy up the first five rows and resell for 200x the face value, it's scalping).

There are a billion threads on this topic, most condemning scalpers to the pits of hell.

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Dec 9 2010, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 9 2010, 11:19 AM)

I sure some see it as the same but it's not the same. The difference is that selling bootlegs is illegal and reselling tickets at a profit is legal.

I would sell an extra ticket to a personal friend for what I paid for it. If they don't want it then it goes on eBay to the highest bidder.

But when you set the starting price at $600, there's not much bidding to be done.

If there was ONE BAND that could make their concerts SCALPER FREE...I would think that band would be RUSH.

But this problem seems to be too big even for them.

I resold my three tickets...drove my butt to San Antonio, sold them for face value to a person on a handshake.

They enjoyed the show and I got paid about a week later.

No Problem...and as it should be.

Osage