MIXED FEELINGS!

The_Enemy_Within

I am SO stoked about seeing RUSH again. They'll be here in Chicago April 12th! How could I not be excited?

In a WAY, I'm a little disappointed, ONLY because I've been saving money to see them in Chicago and cities around Chicago... I was saving that money for the Clockwork Angels tour... and I'm already getting impatient with saving this money. I have about 300 bucks saved, with more coming 'til the end of my school year. I was just thinking that they'd do the CA tour next, but now that it's Time Machine... I've got mixed feelings! Wanna see RUSH as many times as possible, but don't wanna blow the money I've been saving on a tour I've already seen.

Either way...

I will definitely greet them with MUCH appreciation

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 29 2010, 06:35 PM)
I'm hoping they'll change up the setlist at least a little, like they did with the S&A second leg. Still, I'd rather have a CA tour than this.

Me too! Hoping for some changes.

And, while I definitely prefer CA... like I said, I can't help but be happy to SEE them... They aren't going to be going forever, so I have to take advantage of the times they're around. smile.gif

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Nov 29 2010, 07:36 PM)
I'm hoping they'll change up the setlist at least a little, like they did with the S&A second leg. Still, I'd rather have a CA tour than this.

And, while I definitely prefer CA... like I said, I can't help but be happy to SEE them... They aren't going to be going forever, so I have to take advantage of the times they're around. smile.gif

Yeah, yeah, and you'll get ANOTHER meet & greet and backstage access and live every Rush fan's dream and post wicked cool pictures and make us all burn with jealousy. . . tongue.gif

(j/k, y'know. Except I AM envious!)

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 29 2010, 06:13 PM)

Yeah, yeah, and you'll get ANOTHER meet & greet and backstage access and live every Rush fan's dream and post wicked cool pictures and make us all burn with jealousy. . . tongue.gif

Ditto on everything Mara's said. xP

I say if you can, go for it. You only live once! Sometimes you have to sacrifice things (like money) to do what you love.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 29 2010, 07:13 PM)

...... blush4.gif ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Nov 29 2010, 06:36 PM)

Same here. Here I was getting all excited for Clockwork Angels and assuming it would be the next tour I'd see, and now there's more Time Machine dates. I was saving for CA too and now I might be making a pretty big dent in my savings for another show on the TM tour... Not that I'm disappointed, though, because I'm really excited for another chance to see them, and sooner than I was expecting!

And while I do hope they change things up a bit, I won't be majorly upset if they don't since I was really very happy with the setlist this tour.

But of course at this point, I seem to be forgetting that money isn't even the biggest issue with me because I still have to convince my parents to drive me. My mom would rather wait for CA, and I don't think my dad really wants to go, even though he agrees that any chance to see them is great, same tour or not. But I agree with CMWriter, that you should definitely go for it, and if I can manage it I will too.

If they make a few set changes I'll see them in New York City....if not? ehh....big time mixed feelings. I'd like to save up for a couple of shows for the Clockwork Angels tour (if they ever get off their Time Machine and do it laugh.gif )

I'm not going out of my way to see them this time. If they come to SPAC, Syracuse, Rochester or Buffalo, yes, since all are within a close drive to me or close to my parents house. The other *maybe* possibility would be Boston since that is somewhat close to my sister but that would even be a stretch.

I'm itching for new music like no one's business still.

During the Snake and Arrows 2nd leg of the tour they change the first set a bit! I hope they do the same!

1022.gif

I'm hoping for this set list: ** Were Changed

"The Real History of Rush Part 1" intro video

The Spirit Of Radio

Lock and Key **

Show Don't Tell **

Test For Echo **

Workin' Them Angels

Where's My Thing? **

BU2B

Freewill

Middletown Dreams **

Subdivisions

(-Intermission-)

"The Real History of Rush Part 2" intro video

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

Caravan

Drum Solo (Love For Sale)

The Trees (with new 12-string acoustic intro) **

2112 (Overture/Temples Of Syrinx)

Far Cry

Encore: La Villa Strangiato (with polka intro)

Working Man (with new reggae intro)

"I Still Love You Man"

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Nov 29 2010, 06:27 PM)
I am SO stoked about seeing RUSH again. They'll be here in Chicago April 12th! How could I not be excited?

In a WAY, I'm a little disappointed, ONLY because I've been saving money to see them in Chicago and cities around Chicago... I was saving that money for the Clockwork Angels tour... and I'm already getting impatient with saving this money. I have about 300 bucks saved, with more coming 'til the end of my school year. I was just thinking that they'd do the CA tour next, but now that it's Time Machine... I've got mixed feelings! Wanna see RUSH as many times as possible, but don't wanna blow the money I've been saving on a tour I've already seen.

Either way...
I will definitely greet them with MUCH appreciation

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Since they are doing a second leg for the Time Machine tour, it might not be until 2012 or 2013 till a Clockwork Angles tour. They havent toured 3 years in a row in a long time. So if you go this tour, that gives a lot of time to save up for CA tour!

And a stall with the release of CA might mean that it's going to be even better. Theyve already said its becoming an epic. Does take a while to make an epic. And after the two songs so far it should be the best in years

You will get the same show as last year. You can take that to the band. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 30 2010, 10:21 AM)
You will get the same show as last year. You can take that to the band. atickhum.gif

Yep - if they do one or two changeups, it will likely be for songs they've done quite recently - something from one of the S&A tours.

I had NO complaints on that setlist. Sure, there was stuff I wanted to hear that wasn't there. But still, the entirety of Moving Pictures was something special - and I was skeptical about it!

I wish they would scrap the tour and finish the f-n album

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 30 2010, 03:44 PM)
I wouldn't mind if they replaced Presto and Faithless with something else.

Presto was top 3 of the night for me. Faithless is a nice piss song. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 30 2010, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 30 2010, 02:45 PM)
I wish they would scrap the tour and finish the f-n album

I'm sure all the people in the cities booked for the 2011 leg would disagree with you.

My kids will definately disagree with you!

1022.gif

I'll put this post here, but in truth I don't have mixed feelings, I wish no North American leg was part of 2011.

I must be at the point where I have been over spoiled with how many times I have seen Rush, because as I read the board I realize that a second leg of the same tour means absolutely nothing to me. I don't mean this in an offensive way. I just could care less.

I do feel happy that our European fans will get the chance to see what was an awesome show.

I guess I'm selfish but I wish they were just going to Europe then going to work on the new album. That is the only thing Rush could do to get me pumped up for the future.

Oh well, time goes by so fast the album will be here before I know it. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 1 2010, 08:40 AM)
I'll put this post here, but in truth I don't have mixed feelings, I wish no North American leg was part of 2011.

I must be at the point where I have been over spoiled with how many times I have seen Rush, because as I read the board I realize that a second leg of the same tour means absolutely nothing to me. I don't mean this in an offensive way. I just could care less.
I do feel happy that our European fans will get the chance to see what was an awesome show.
I guess I'm selfish but I wish they were just going to Europe then going to work on the new album. That is the only thing Rush could do to get me pumped up for the future.
Oh well, time goes by so fast the album will be here before I know it. atickhum.gif

I have mixed feelings as well. I might go to the Greensboro or Baltimore show. I think if I can get really good seats, I'll probably go.

But, I really don't think I can shell out over a hundred bucks a ticket for the exact same show I already saw.

If the setlist changes, I'll definately go but I doubt it will.

I've been waiting 20 years for Rush to come up with another epic song (although my expectations have really dropped) so my vote would be to get that done and then tour again. I guess I'm also spoiled in that we used to get a new album and a tour pretty much every year.

How can i NOT go? They're playing MSG for pete's sake. Practically my "backyard" I get it though, the mixed feelings. (and yeah...Vital Signs the earworm of today now!)

I agree Tick, I'd rather they just go to Europe and then wrap up the album. But like I said, it's close to me, havent seen them INDOORS since '07 which is a nice change, and I get to see my TRF buds again! I'm cool. cool.gif