The Office

Ted Barchetta

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 13 2010, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 12 2010, 04:21 PM)
Micheal annoyed the hell outta me in last night's episode. Like really pushing to be annoying, kinda went out of their way to force that last night.

My favorite "part" of this season was when everyone was sneezing on Dwight.

I didn't think he was being any more annoying or more of an ass than usual in the new episode . There have been several more episodes throughout the shows run where his annoyance level is through the roof and absoulutely untolerable. There been a few ocassions where i've wanted to just punch him in the face, how he acted at Phyllis' wedding immediately comes to mind, but this espisode I didn't at all.

Still, the funny stuff he says/does outweighs the extremely annoying stuff.

I didn't think he was being that bad either, There are waaaay worse Michael moments than that episode. (Like the way he treats Toby ALL of the time)

I really like the father figure he has become for Erin; It's heartwarming. wub.gif

This seasons episodes not as strong in the laugh department and mostly have been of a more serious nature. You can see there setting up Michael Scott (Steve Carell) departure, not exactly sure yet how this is going to happen but the emphasis has been on Scott being unhappy with just about everything more then usual! Don't think the show can replace Steve Carell, not the same should just end it...

I've been catching up on this season on hulu and Michael has been rather unpleasant most of the time. Nearly every situation there's a way for him to be unhappy.

BTW, Angela dressed as the nurse on the Halloween episode was worth the price of admission. She kills me anyway but is also smokin' hot.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 16 2010, 10:14 AM)
I've been catching up on this season on hulu and Michael has been rather unpleasant most of the time. Nearly every situation there's a way for him to be unhappy.

BTW, Angela dressed as the nurse on the Halloween episode was worth the price of admission. She kills me anyway but is also smokin' hot.

I think they're just building up Michael's unpleasantness so that it can be resolved when Holly comes back later in the season. So it can end on a happy note. cool.gif

I do agree about Angela though. I can't stand her but...damn. drool1.gif

This should be the last season if Steve Carell is leaving. The show has had a good run there's no sense pushing it along without the main character on board. Otherwise you can end up with a show that has no point to it like season 9 of Scrubs. Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 16 2010, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Nov 16 2010, 01:35 PM)
I do agree about Angela though. I can't stand her but...damn.  drool1.gif

Oh I really love the Angela character, she kills me = makes me laugh A LOT.

And she's hot. Did I mention that before?

this Angela? Really? She wouldn't stand a chance in "That's It"

http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/angelakinseyispregnant.jpg

You guys can have Pam, Angela and Kelly. All I want is Erin. wub.gif

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/elliekemper3.png

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Nov 16 2010, 07:35 PM)
You guys can have Pam, Angela and Kelly. All I want is Erin.  wub.gif

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/elliekemper3.png

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/100621/News/Todays_News_Our_Take/4_thurs/100624elliekemper_office1.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SQXEf27FaXE/SEyxBBWpZ8I/AAAAAAAAADs/7ydC_1uPcR8/s400/Jenna-Fischer.jpg http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/news/080825/angela_kinsey.jpg

Are we sure they're not selling "racks" of paper?

So... Will Ferrell as the new boss - what did you think? I got a kick out of it, but it was pretty much the same Will Ferrell character as in everything else he does. It was like he was doing his impersonation of Michael Scott.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 19 2011, 02:28 PM)
So... Will Ferrell as the new boss - what did you think? I got a kick out of it, but it was pretty much the same Will Ferrell character as in everything else he does. It was like he was doing his impersonation of Michael Scott.

I enjoyed him and Carell together again. They got really good chemistry with each other. I did laugh at most of their exchanges. Which is more than i've laughed at this show in awhile. The show has been unfunny and dull for the last two seasons . It's had it's moments here and there but nothing that has warranted keeping the show going. They should've ended the series after Jim and Pam got married because they don't seem to know what to do with it since then.

Maybe Ferrell can breathe some new life into it but I doubt it. He's hoping on a sinking ship while Carell is getting off it.

Anyways after seeing them two together i'm ready for an Anchorman sequal 1022.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 19 2011, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 19 2011, 02:28 PM)

I enjoyed him and Carell together again. They got really good chemistry with each other. I did laugh at most of their exchanges. Which is more than i've laughed at this show in awhile. The show has been unfunny and dull for the last two seasons . It's had it's moments here and there but nothing that has warranted keeping the show going. They should've ended the series after Jim and Pam got married because they don't seem to know what to do with it since then.

Maybe Ferrell can breathe some new life into it but I doubt it. He's hoping on a sinking ship while Carell is getting off it.

Anyways after seeing them two together i'm ready for an Anchorman sequal 1022.gif

Good point, I also have found the last season or two pretty lacking. The only one that really stands out is the Koi Pond episode. There were funny bits here and there like you said, but overall the episodes haven't been too exceptional.

"Kransinski told us that the show will go on, and feels that some of the episodes that have been filmed since Carell left may be some of the best episodes yet"

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Apr 23 2011, 01:37 PM)
Will Ferrel makes a great replacement! I was happy and surprised to see him take over..

"Hey Toby, you suck!"

I agree he's a good replacement. But can he make a show that's been on a downward spiral for the last two years funny again and worth watching? I'm not sure about that unless he changes his character to Ron Burgundy.

I know the show has a lot of improvising on it but when the writing is as weak as it's been it doesn't give the actors much to work with.

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 24 2011, 01:20 PM)
I guess you can't really replace Steve Carrell but yeah, Will Ferrel was pretty good. I always thought Tina Fey should be on the office, that'd be classic!

Tina Fey would be great on the show but she's been busy with 30 Rock for the last 5 years.

Tomorrow night is Steve Carell's last show. I'm interested to see what they do for it.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 27 2011, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 24 2011, 01:20 PM)
I guess you can't really replace Steve Carrell but yeah, Will Ferrel was pretty good. I always thought Tina Fey should be on the office, that'd be classic!

Tina Fey would be great on the show but she's been busy with 30 Rock for the last 5 years.

Tomorrow night is Steve Carell's last show. I'm interested to see what they do for it.

John Krasinski ("Jim") said this was one of the hardest things he has ever had to do. I'm sure it won't be a "fun" episode, but I expect a lot of laughs to lighten the mood

I thought I would be teary-eyed the whole time, but I only got choked up once or twice. It was light-hearted, and very graceful.

I, being a HUGE fan of Will Ferrell, do not like him as the "new boss". He's gone after next week anyways, so I'll be glad when he's gone. His character is all over the place, and I feel he's there just to be a filler guest. I wish his character was more fine tuned, and that's not his fault, because he plays the character well, I just don't care for the character at all.

QUOTE (doublereeder @ Apr 28 2011, 09:23 PM)
I thought I would be teary-eyed the whole time, but I only got choked up once or twice. It was light-hearted, and very graceful.

I, being a HUGE fan of Will Ferrell, do not like him as the "new boss". He's gone after next week anyways, so I'll be glad when he's gone. His character is all over the place, and I feel he's there just to be a filler guest. I wish his character was more fine tuned, and that's not his fault, because he plays the character well, I just don't care for the character at all.

Will Ferrell does well with a goofy character that's all over the place. That's probably why they wrote it that way.

I didn't think Setve's last episode was anything special. Just plain and ordinary like the rest of this season has been.