The Android thread

barney_rebel

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 09:47 PM)
I have a question for all you Android-smart people...
Is there any way to get Flash Player downloaded onto the phone? I've tried going to the Adobe Flash website through the browser and no luck. Also searched for an app; nothing. It would be great to have it, though. Without it there are so many things I can't access!

What version of Android are you on? 2.2 and up is supposed to have it built-in

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 7 2011, 07:57 PM)
Is there any way to get Flash Player downloaded onto the phone? I've tried going to the Adobe Flash website through the browser and no luck. Also searched for an app; nothing. It would be great to have it, though. Without it there are so many things I can't access!

It says I have Version 2.2. So I'm not sure what's going on. I just know that when I'm on the internet or using apps that require flash, it either says "Flash not detected" (or something like that) or it gives me the blue cube with the question marks.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 10:01 PM)

It says I have Version 2.2. So I'm not sure what's going on. I just know that when I'm on the internet or using apps that require flash, it either says "Flash not detected" (or something like that) or it gives me the blue cube with the question marks.

comments say this works:

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog...all-flash-froyo

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 13 2011, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 10:01 PM)

comments say this works:

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog...all-flash-froyo

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it and hope it works! (:

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S. So far liking it. It's my first smart phone ever, apps and all that.

Thing is, I just went to DL the Rush App and I got charged for it but can't find it anywhere in my phone. WTH?

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 21 2011, 12:17 PM)
I just got the Samsung Galaxy S. So far liking it. It's my first smart phone ever, apps and all that.

Thing is, I just went to DL the Rush App and I got charged for it but can't find it anywhere in my phone. WTH?

A lot of people have reported problems with the Rush app. It's not available in the market for me in Canada, go figure.

I ended up "returning" it, Will play with it more later; battery low on the phone tongue.gif

I'm still getting used to it; I've had a traditional flip phone for so long that this is a whole new world to me.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 21 2011, 04:43 PM)
I ended up "returning" it, Will play with it more later; battery low on the phone tongue.gif

I'm still getting used to it; I've had a traditional flip phone for so long that this is a whole new world to me.

Wait until you get the endomondo running app on there, 4sq checkins, flixter movie reviews, picplz camera app.

Your life will be forever changed.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 21 2011, 02:43 PM)

Some good free galaxy s apps.....

Music junk

soundhound

Tango

photo booth

fxcamera

allshare

fring

I've had my galaxy for about 6 months so far. Great phone.

I love Picplz (thank you to our resident photographer for giving me the idea laugh.gif). Sometimes it takes a little while on my phone to load up but it's great fun.

I also love the MP3 Ringtone Maker (better than buying ringtones!.. you just need songs on your phone), this really addictive Tetris app I found, and a Dictionary.com app. Genius. And all free.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 21 2011, 10:20 PM)
I love Picplz (thank you to our resident photographer for giving me the idea laugh.gif). Sometimes it takes a little while on my phone to load up but it's great fun.

I also love the MP3 Ringtone Maker (better than buying ringtones!.. you just need songs on your phone), this really addictive Tetris app I found, and a Dictionary.com app. Genius. And all free.

Hey hook me up on picplz:

http://picplz.com/user/rebelxphoto/

Tumblr is good too. I have Picplz integrated with Tumblr, Fakebook, Flickr, 4sq and DropBox!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 21 2011, 10:57 PM)
I dumped Retro, 360camera, fxCamera all in favour of Picplz.

I'll check it out. I doubt I will dump Retro, though. I'm kind of emotionally attached to it at this point.

smile.gif

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Mar 22 2011, 02:41 AM)

I'll check it out. I doubt I will dump Retro, though. I'm kind of emotionally attached to it at this point.

smile.gif

I liked retro camera, however I found the pics came out small and it was a pain choosing your camera and remember what camera did which effect. Most of all, it was slow for me. Very slow.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 22 2011, 03:30 PM)
Barney: I have a garmin for running so not sure i would need edomondo. Also dont have a thing to wear my phone with when running. But i know u love it!

Oh those are great. There is a way to integrate your garmin with Endomondo too. The thing I like the best is the history tracking and the challenges!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 22 2011, 07:23 AM)

smile.gif

I liked retro camera, however I found the pics came out small and it was a pain choosing your camera and remember what camera did which effect. Most of all, it was slow for me. Very slow.

Understood. I use Retro camera to take one kind of picture, so I leave it on that camera with that setting. I took some really good pictures over the weekend. I imagine there could be an application that would do what Retro does for me, and even better. But until I find it, I'll stick with what I know.

Do you still use Vlingo?

Edited by -Ender-

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Mar 22 2011, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 22 2011, 07:23 AM)

smile.gif

Understood.

Do you still use Vlingo?

Had to remove it to free space. I liked it though.

Once I get my new car deck with blue tooth, I might put it back on

Here is my list:

http://www.appbrain.com/user/barney_rebel/...on-the-lg-c710h

Okay, my Samsung Moment puked and they gave me a new one with the upgaded software and now it works ten times better. I bought the Rush app a long time ago and was justnow able to download it. Kind of a let down as I thought it would give me ringtones since I lost my old ones.

So before I go crazy downloading stupid apps I thought I'd ask which app is best to download music and for Rush ringtones.

Thanks

What exactly soes shazam do? what is tagging?

How about Winamp?

Edited by Running Rebel

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 24 2011, 04:37 PM)
Okay, my Samsung Moment puked and they gave me a new one with the upgaded software and now it works ten times better. I bought the Rush app a long time ago and was justnow able to download it. Kind of a let down as I thought it would give me ringtones since I lost my old ones.

So before I go crazy downloading stupid apps I thought I'd ask which app is best to download music and for Rush ringtones.

Thanks

What exactly soes shazam do? what is tagging?

How about Winamp?

So your phone is ok now? I have no experience with Samsung firmware/os updates.

Shazam identifies a song that is audible. SoundHound is much better and is free. I recommend that one instead. Quicker and identifies more too.

I like Songbird better than Winamp, but you won't go wrong with Winamp. The native MP3 player is ok on my phone too.

For Ringtones, you can just set your own MP3 clip from the native mp3 player. That's what I do.