The Android thread

barney_rebel

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 13 2012, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 13 2012, 02:04 PM)
Cripes...I wish I had never upgraded to ICS.  Phone is slow as the US Government now.

upgrade again to JB...

Yah that should make a difference. Wait it out.

Flash Player is no longer supported in Android OS 4.1.x. Wtf is this all about?

Today my Xoom tablet turned off flash automatically and popped up a notify box explaining this. Dolphin browser also disabled it automatically, and won't let me enable it. This really pisses me off if it's forever.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 14 2012, 02:58 AM)
Flash Player is no longer supported in Android OS 4.1.x. Wtf is this all about?
Today my Xoom tablet turned off flash automatically and popped up a notify box explaining this. Dolphin browser also disabled it automatically, and won't let me enable it. This really pisses me off if it's forever.

yep one of the biggest complaints. there is a hack apparently.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 13 2012, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 13 2012, 02:04 PM)
Cripes...I wish I had never upgraded to ICS.  Phone is slow as the US Government now.

upgrade again to JB...

Not available to me yet...not even sure IF my phone will be on the list. ICS was just made available last week!

Testing out the new update on the Dolphin Browser... asked my something she wanted to know more about.... she said "tell me about gerbils." So I said into the phone "Tell me about gerbils" and it googled "tell me about your balls" laugh.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2012, 11:38 AM)
Picked myself up a Galaxy S3 on the weekend. It is so sweet.

my wife needs a new phone. Can you come back in a week or so and give me feedback on the battery? That's my main concern. How long does it last and describe your usage. Thanks

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 1 2012, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2012, 11:38 AM)
Picked myself up a Galaxy S3 on the weekend.  It is so sweet.

my wife needs a new phone. Can you come back in a week or so and give me feedback on the battery? That's my main concern. How long does it last and describe your usage. Thanks

Two days in, getting 19+ hours of batter life. That's with heavy usage too.

OK...need some help here. I need to try a factory reset after this piece of crap ICS upgrade. I wish I had NEVER done that!

How do I do a reset and what will I lose?

QUOTE (Khan @ Oct 5 2012, 10:25 AM)
OK...need some help here. I need to try a factory reset after this piece of crap ICS upgrade. I wish I had NEVER done that!

How do I do a reset and what will I lose?

Model?

While I look, check out this video captured entirely with an S3

http://vimeo.com/50545993#

Anyone know how to make auto-correct smarter?

Like I will type "ob" and it turns it into "object instead of "on"

"hete" turns in to "heterosexual" instead of "here"

Anyone know?

I tried playing around with the custom settings and that still doesn't do anything.

Just got my first smartphone (a little late, I know), a Samsung Galaxy Q (a little outdated, I know). Loving it so far, although the battery doesn't last too long.

Anyone have any recommendations for a Twitter app? I've got Twitter's official one, but I kind of wish it had a "refresh" button so I can start reading from the top of my feed instead of the last tweet I read. Unless it has one and I'm missing it?

Due for a new phone in 3 weeks. Seriously considering getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. In fact, it's pretty much a lock. If the American GS3 came with a quad-core, as I've been informed the British one does, I would have been tempted by that because while it still sports a huge screen, it seems a bit more wieldy than the Note. But I'll get used to the Note's dimensions.