The Android thread

barney_rebel

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S2 this weekend, and the annoying thing about it is I cannot turn off the camera sound. If I have it silenced, it still makes the noise, I discovered this while in a coaching meeting yesterday laugh.gif

I looked online and found a way to turn off the sound, but it requires me to root the device and add a line to a /system file.

Should I root? Anyone have a link to what they used? (sorry if I missed it, I didn't want to read 8 pages)

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 24 2012, 09:15 AM)
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S2 this weekend, and the annoying thing about it is I cannot turn off the camera sound. If I have it silenced, it still makes the noise, I discovered this while in a coaching meeting yesterday laugh.gif

I looked online and found a way to turn off the sound, but it requires me to root the device and add a line to a /system file.

Should I root? Anyone have a link to what they used? (sorry if I missed it, I didn't want to read 8 pages)

I rooted mine.

Apparently it is law in many parts of the world to have your camera make a shutter noise (discourages perversion).

There is an app called "spycam" you can try.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jul 24 2012, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 24 2012, 09:15 AM)

I rooted mine.

Apparently it is law in many parts of the world to have your camera make a shutter noise (discourages perversion).

There is an app called "spycam" you can try.

I just place my finger over the little speaker on the back...

Ive had my HTC 4G EVO since last December. I got it free through a promotion at Best Buy. Had to upgrade the battery to the 3500 series. And it is the best phone ever. Out runs my girlfreinds Iphone 4.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 24 2012, 11:12 PM)
Just got rid of my iPhone, and got a Galaxy Nexus. Absolutely love this thing.....!

Good work! Welcome to the superior world of Android phones. Yours should be running the Jelly Bean OS, right?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jul 25 2012, 09:26 AM)
I believe the Nexus phones got their 4.1 upgrade this week.

It looks like alot of the Canadian phones haven't got the update yet....mine is on 4.0.1 still...

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 27 2012, 12:03 AM)
Jelly Bean is very impressive so far......runs WAY smoother than ICS did on my phone....and kicks IOS all over the place..

cool.gif

common001.gif 653.gif goodpost.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 27 2012, 12:03 AM)
Jelly Bean is very impressive so far......runs WAY smoother than ICS did on my phone....and kicks IOS all over the place..

cool.gif

Jesus...still have GB

Just saved up and bought myself one of these...

http://news.consumerreports.org/assets_c/2012/06/Samsung_Galaxy_Player_4.2-thumb-598xauto-4870.jpg

Oh and by the way...I hate all apple products...