Halloween Horror Icon Poll! Pick One!

RUSHHEAD666

Which Horror Film Icon Do You Love The Most?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Horror Film Icon Do You Love The Most?

• Michael Myers
    • Pinhead
    • Leatherface
    • Jason Voorhies
    • Chucky
    • Freddy Krueger
    • Candyman
    • Ghostface (Scream)
    • Wishmaster
    • Fisherman (I Know What You Did Last Summer)
    • The Tall Man (Phantasm)
    • Blade (Puppetmaster)
    • The Dentist
    • Leprechaun
    • Norman Bates
    • Dr. Carl Hill "(The Re-Animator)
    • Other?

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 30 2010, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 29 2010, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 30 2010, 11:01 AM)
Michael Myers, before he was ruined by sequels and some horribly misguided remakes.

That could easily be said about Freddy also. Every Nightmare on Elm Street sequel was f***ing horrible

Blaze!

I'm in a state of shock!

You don't like any of the sequels?

I loved "New Nightmare" when the actors portrayed their real lives.

Even Wes was in the film as "himself!" Brilliant!

I will agree that Freddy became a stand up comedian instead of a ruthless killer, but hey that's Hollywood!

I hated Part II, but dude I loved "DREAM WARRIORS!"

Signed,

ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN! 1022.gif 1287.gif 1022.gif

Okay, I admit I didn't see all of them. I saw 1-4 but should've stopped after the first one....Dream Warriors, what crap! That wasn't horror. It was a bad attempt at a superhero film.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 30 2010, 09:58 PM)
Michael Myers, before he was ruined by sequels and some horribly misguided remakes.

That could easily be said about Freddy also. Every Nightmare on Elm Street sequel was f***ing horrible

Blaze!

I'm in a state of shock!

I will agree that Freddy became a stand up comedian instead of a ruthless killer, but hey that's Hollywood!

Signed,

Okay, I admit I didn't see all of them. I saw 1-4 but should've stopped after the first one....Dream Warriors, what crap! That wasn't horror. It was a bad attempt at a superhero film.

Hahahaha!! That's funny Blaze! I can't argue that!

The "Superhero" thing was very cheesy but I liked it when it came out!

I would rather watch "KICK ASS" any day!

Hey are they making a KICK ASS II?

1022.gif

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Oct 29 2010, 06:53 PM)
1022.gif FREDDY KRUEGER!!! wub.gif

I freakin love myself some Krueger!

Pics......
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/thrash019/freddy.jpg
Freddy: Hey, Courtney(me), what's up?
Courtney: Freddy, what the hell are you doing, invading my dream...
Freddy: Because I wanted to, okay?

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz343/FreddyKruegerGirl13/freddysface.jpg

Look into his eye, and dream... wub.gif

Freddy's coming to get us! tongue.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 31 2010, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 30 2010, 09:58 PM)

Blaze!

I'm in a state of shock!

Signed,

Hahahaha!! That's funny Blaze! I can't argue that!

The "Superhero" thing was very cheesy but I liked it when it came out!

I would rather watch "KICK ASS" any day!

Hey are they making a KICK ASS II?

1022.gif

Don't think Kick Ass ever made it to these parts so I've never seen it. Most films either make it out here late or NEVER. Matter of fact, The Expendables just got here a week or 2 ago. Though it wasn't anything fantastic, I was entertained at least. And just to keep this post on topic--->I wish Sly, Statham, Li and every other muscle-bound geezer in that flick elbowed, choked, clotheslined, knifed, ignited, detonated, and dropkicked every Freddy film after part 1.

Signed,

Johnny Rambo

P.S. Don't know about Kick Ass part 2

I voted Myers, but only really for the first film. It was the perfect killer depiction IMO. The guy didn't talk, he wasn't in a feckin' hurry (that alone was a bit scary), and you never wanted to let him out of your sight. Beyond that, the original Don Post Shatner mask still gives me the willies. (It never looked good again after the original either).

http://blogs.dixcdn.com/leftofcybercenter/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/halloween.jpg

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 29 2010, 03:50 PM)
I hereby declare this poll null and void.

How can you have a horror movie icon poll and not include:

Frankenstein
Dracula
The Mummy
Wolfman
Monster from the Black Lagoon

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

Completely agree ... the classic Universal horrors are the daddies of the modern day horrors. I prefer them

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 29 2010, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 29 2010, 10:50 AM)
I hereby declare this poll null and void.

How can you have a horror movie icon poll and not include:

Frankenstein
Dracula
The Mummy
Wolfman
Monster from the Black Lagoon

confused13.gif  confused13.gif  confused13.gif

In that case, I'm going with Leslie Nielsen. scared.gif

Ditto.

Why not include:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg100/DRAFNA/JIGSAW.jpg?

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Oct 29 2010, 04:53 PM)
1022.gif FREDDY KRUEGER!!! wub.gif

I freakin love myself some Krueger!

Pics......
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/thrash019/freddy.jpg
Freddy: Hey, Courtney(me), what's up?
Courtney: Freddy, what the hell are you doing, invading my dream...
Freddy: Because I wanted to, okay?

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz343/FreddyKruegerGirl13/freddysface.jpg

Look into his eye, and dream... wub.gif

I couldn't agree more- Freddy is welcome in my dreams any night! Hehe... wub.gif

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/AmokTime85/freddya.jpg

I have to say, 2112Oracle, I was quite relieved to see your post! I just got into the Nightmare on Elm Street movies earlier this year, and it was only a few weeks ago I was able to admit to myself that I had a bit of thing for him, after an embarrassing and unexpected encounter with a guy at the grocery store on Halloween who was dressed as Freddy Krueger- let's just say I got a little too enthusiastic about the costume... right in front of my husband. doh.gif

Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone and probably not completely crazy! trink39.gif

I love the Nightmare on Elm Street sequels, I own all of them. But I also have a high tolerance and big soft spot for camp value and the sequels are overflowing with it. So it's almost worth it to me for that alone, but you add Robert Englund's committed and enthusiastic performance as Freddy, and all the wonderfully creative kills, and it ceases to matter much anymore if the plot is that great or if the other actors aren't the best they could have found.

The Nightmare on Elm Street sequels are just fun, and I find if you go into them just to have a good time they don't disappoint.

smilies-8579.png

And RushHead666, I have to second you, New Nightmare was a great movie. I would recommend it to anyone who liked the original Nightmare on Elm Street, but couldn't get in to movies 2-6.

Edited by VampireBiscuits

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 18 2010, 02:01 AM)

I love the Nightmare on Elm Street sequels, I own all of them. But I also have a high tolerance and big soft spot for camp value and the sequels are overflowing with it. So it's almost worth it to me for that alone, but you add Robert Englund's committed and enthusiastic performance as Freddy, and all the wonderfully creative kills, and it ceases to matter much anymore if the plot is that great or if the other actors aren't the best they could have found.

The Nightmare on Elm Street sequels are just fun, and I find if you go into them just to have a good time they don't disappoint.

smilies-8579.png

And RushHead666, I have to second you, New Nightmare was a great movie. I would recommend it to anyone who liked the original Nightmare on Elm Street, but couldn't get in to movies 2-6.

trink39.gif

I know that "Dream Warriors" is outdated and cheesy now, but when I saw that one in the theater I really liked it!

Part 2 was by far the worst one.

The "Nightmare On Elm Street" remake is an EPIC FAIL.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 18 2010, 07:30 PM)

smilies-8579.png

trink39.gif

I know that "Dream Warriors" is outdated and cheesy now, but when I saw that one in the theater I really liked it!

After reading the posts here, I rewatched Dream Warriors last night and I have to say it's probably my favorite of the sequels, dated and cheesy at times or not. I love that they brought Heather Langenkamp and John Saxon back, and I liked Patricia Arquette and Laurence Fishburne in their roles. The story was better than most of the seuqels too. And I still have that Dokken song stuck in my head! 1022.gif

The 2nd movie is pretty bad, but I think it still has it's charms. I think either Dream Child or Freddy's Dead would be my pick for worst of the Nightmare on Elm Street series.

I definitely agree with you about the Nightmare on Elm Street remake though. I don't even understand why they felt the need to do it. Freddy vs. Jason came out in 2003 and made more money than any of the Freddy or Jason movies, and they didn't have to change anything, it's still a big draw! They should've at least kept Robert Englund. They wouldn't even have to worry about his age being a factor with all the makeup they have to do for the character!

I hope they don't make anymore remakes/sequels to it.

Edited by VampireBiscuits

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 18 2010, 07:30 PM)

smilies-8579.png

trink39.gif

and Dokken sang the Theme song 1022.gif

Halloween is a great independet film, but Micheal Myers pisses me off. Coincidence is on his side so no one sees him, he has the unexplainable ability to be everywhere at once. In other words, it's too illogical for horror-fiction. The main character Laurie saves it though.

The Sawyer Family is the best hands down, they vary and are all complete psychos. Texas Chain Saw Massacre is such a twisted film, but so interesting and thrilling to watch. I don't like it when horror movies are based on true stories however, I find that immoral, but Ed Gein was undeniably an interesting person.

Edited by Kenneth