Seen any small Rush pop culture references?

That One Guy

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Oct 7 2010, 08:52 PM)
Just wondering if they are common. I noticed playing the new Halo: Reach game that the name of a section in a mission was Fly By Night.

Anyone got any?

If you want to read the most comprehensive list of RUSH pop culture references I have ever seen, just go to:

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/main/RushReferences.htm

It is some fun reading!

Nice list. I have never noticed most of those before. The Futurama one's a classic. They'll probably start getting a lot more refences. They're officially Living Legends now, right?

QUOTE (flybyknight @ Oct 8 2010, 10:53 AM)
Well it's about time they got a bit more recognition on the shores of Blighty!

Rush are massive in the UK - not sure how much more recognition they can get

If you mean popularity then get used to it - they have never been mainstream anywhere and never will be ..

Thats how we like them and thats why we like them

IMHO

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ Oct 8 2010, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (flybyknight @ Oct 8 2010, 10:53 AM)
Well it's about time they got a bit more recognition on the shores of Blighty!

Rush are massive in the UK - not sure how much more recognition they can get

If you mean popularity then get used to it - they have never been mainstream anywhere and never will be ..

Thats how we like them and thats why we like them

IMHO

ph34r.gif

Yep would agree with that. For a "cult" band, they are indeed massive here ... have been since the 70's

Ok for those of us from Scotland (and anyone who has seen it in other parts too), in the film "Gregory's Girl" there are at least 2 Rush posters on Gregory's bedroom walls - one prominently behind his drum kit if I remember rightly. I almost wet mysel the first time I saw that - but then I was a teen at the time z7shysterical.gif

On the televison show Chuck (funny show), Chuck had to beat Space Invaders to unlock Russian nuclear codes. The only way to beat the game was to use the mathematical patterns in Tom Sawyer! Genius!

There are more and more everyday! Its almost impossible to list them all now. I made a few submissions to the PoW site, and basically, there were so many of them happening (small bits), that PoW was not interested, unless it was something kinda significant, viral, or just plain cool. Random stuff just does not surprise me anymore. I see it more and more, everyday now. Even on the radio!

But, there are few that are just plain cool to me no matter how insignificant it may seem to other fans.

I used to play Neverwinter Nights on public server that had unique areas to exp. The developers had made a forested area with trees that would walk around and recite random lyrics from "The Trees".

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 13 2010, 04:52 PM)
There's a King of Queens episode called 'Manhattan Project". It was just on TBS.

That's a bit of a stretch, it was probably referring to the actual "Manhattan Project" from the 1940s.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Oct 13 2010, 05:31 PM)
There's a King of Queens episode called 'Manhattan Project". It was just on TBS.

That's a bit of a stretch, it was probably referring to the actual "Manhattan Project" from the 1940s.

I figured that, just thought it was cool.

QUOTE (The Maples @ Oct 12 2010, 03:53 PM)
I used to play Neverwinter Nights on public server that had unique areas to exp. The developers had made a forested area with trees that would walk around and recite random lyrics from "The Trees".

I would absolutely love to see a video of this, it sounds really epic.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Oct 7 2010, 09:52 PM)
Just wondering if they are common. I noticed playing the new Halo: Reach game that the name of a section in a mission was Fly By Night.

Also, there was a section called Hand Over Fist.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 13 2010, 08:55 PM)

Who knows?

As we all saw in R30, Jerry Stiller is a Rush fan.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 18 2010, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 13 2010, 08:55 PM)

Who knows?

As we all saw in R30, Jerry Stiller is a Rush fan.

lol do you think he really is? Or did they just pay him to put on a Rush shirt and say those lines. I guess it's possible... he just seems a little older than the average Rush fan.

Archived