Coen Bros. 'True Grit' remake trailer

Jack Aubrey

I've got mixed fellings about this. I love the Coen brothers and I love Jeff Bridges. I do hate that Matt Damon is in it because he's never impressed me with his acting abilities. Also, the original is one of my favorite John Wayne movies. I gues we'll see.'True Grit'.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 28 2010, 09:11 PM)
I dunno...it looks good!

It definitely looks gritty.

Didja get it? Huh? Huh? Didja catch it? laugh.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Sep 28 2010, 02:02 PM)
I don't think I can watch this movie objectively. The original was so good that I can't go into this without comparing every single detail.

I just don't think I want to see it.

yes.gif

But...

I'll probably see it anyway. I love the coen bros. and I really love True Grit. I hate Matt Damon though.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 2 2010, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Dec 2 2010, 03:23 PM)
I just don't understand why Jeff Bridges is playing John wayne's part. If anything they should of gotten Sam Elliot.

Because they like Jeff Bridges.

I can't think of a more perfect actor to play Rooster Cogburn. And as far as overall acting ability goes, Jeff Bridges is as good as them come.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 3 2010, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 2 2010, 03:30 PM)
I just don't understand why Jeff Bridges is playing John wayne's part. If anything they should of gotten Sam Elliot.

Because they like Jeff Bridges.

I can't think of a more perfect actor to play Rooster Cogburn. And as far as overall acting ability goes, Jeff Bridges is as good as them come.

He sure looks convincing in the trailer to me.

goodpost.gif Yeah, I agree. I don't think he's been in enough movies and I really like his voice. If I didn't already own a Dodge Ram I would go out and buy one just from his commercials.

He's a perfect cowboy.

If you've watched many of their movies, you've no doubt seen a lot of the same people but in much different roles. Jeff Bridges is one of those people.

I don't watch many old westerns and I like all the Coen brothers movies so I'm looking forward to this.