QUOTE (Joshua @ Sep 15 2010, 07:44 AM)
http://al-la.ru/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/death-human.jpg

Classic!

I am going to buy ALL their albums biggrin.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehehe I used to listen when I was around 18. They had a great guitarist at the time , MURPHY (John, James, Albert, GEorge W, Margaret, can't remember?) and as I was in rebellion against everything I stoped listening when the guy left the band to join Obituary if I remember.

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Sep 14 2010, 03:17 PM)
A friend gave me a copy of "The Sound of Perseverance" awhile back, but lately I have REALLY been listening to it a lot. Wow, this band blows me away. Technical metal at its best. My favorite song is "Spirit Crusher" smile.gif 1022.gif Any other fans??

I am. Started getting into them when I heard "Crystal Mountain" about a year ago. Never thought I'd get into death metal, but this band kinda broadened my horizons a bit.

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Sep 23 2010, 03:19 PM)
Ehehe I used to listen when I was around 18. They had a great guitarist at the time , MURPHY (John, James, Albert, GEorge W, Margaret, can't remember?) and as I was in rebellion against everything I stoped listening when the guy left the band to join Obituary if I remember.

James Murphy who played on the Spiritual Healing album (and maybe more). Ironically, James got cancer too I believe, but I believed it went into remission. James has played for a slew of bands including Obituary, Disincarnate, Testament (?).

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 23 2010, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (Boots @ Sep 23 2010, 07:33 PM)
I haven't heard of them.  Are they as good as the Deftones?

lol...No way.

Lol, the question is more like: Are The Deftones as good as them?? tongue.gif

There's actually not much comparison, imo.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Sep 16 2010, 09:35 PM)
Didn't he struggled with substance and alcohol abuse for most of his life?

No, he just got sick . Very sad, one of the real good guys in metal . My wife and i hung out with him for about 2 hrs at a Slayer show in N.Y.

http://www.mychemicaltoilet.com/george_michael_choose_life-thumb-430x408.jpg

doh.gif

Oh oh I love Death. The first time that I heard them it stuck with me for weeks. I got to meet Chuck briefly some years back. Really lovely guy.

RIP Chuck

QUOTE (The Maples @ Feb 15 2011, 10:22 AM)
Oh oh I love Death. The first time that I heard them it stuck with me for weeks. I got to meet Chuck briefly some years back. Really lovely guy.
RIP Chuck

I was really impressed. I was surprised, too, when Luann told me the year of the stuff we were listening to. I doesn't sound dated at all, like it could have been recorded much more recently than the 90's. I guess they were the pioneering band for American death metal. Sad how Schuldiner died, and how cool you got to meet him.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 15 2011, 12:30 PM)
RIP Chuck

I was really impressed. I was surprised, too, when Luann told me the year of the stuff we were listening to. I doesn't sound dated at all, like it could have been recorded much more recently than the 90's. I guess they were the pioneering band for American death metal. Sad how Schuldiner died, and how cool you got to meet him.

You silly girls and your Death Metal...

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 15 2011, 11:52 PM)
RIP Chuck

sarcasm.gif

You will see the light someday, or perhaps the dark.

QUOTE (The Maples @ Feb 16 2011, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 15 2011, 11:52 PM)
RIP Chuck

sarcasm.gif

You will see the light someday, or perhaps the dark.

no.gif

:bump:

Didn't go to last year's show like I said I would, but now I actually have a ticket for this year's tour. I'll be seeing them tomorrow! :haz:

there was an atlanta show planned but it got cancelled due to low ticket sales

understandable too - 30 dollars for essentially a death tribute band. 15 dollars and I would've gone

Just got back from the LA show. It ruled! Unfortunately though, they had to cut the set short because of curfew but they still played some of my favorites like Zombie Ritual, Pull the Plug, Left to Die, and Lack of Comprehension. The band's playing skills were in top-notch condition, and the sound was great. They couldn't have picked a better vocalist (don't know his name) because he sounded almost exactly like Chuck! The opening band, Anciients, was really good too. I had just heard their debut album earlier this week so it was pretty cool to see them so soon after that. (If you're a fan of Opeth and Mastodon, you should definitely check them out.)

All in all, I give the concert a 9/10. Would have been a 10/10 if the set was longer (for comparison, last year's show was twice as long according to setlist.fm).

Just got back from the LA show. It ruled! Unfortunately though, they had to cut the set short because of curfew but they still played some of my favorites like Zombie Ritual, Pull the Plug, Left to Die, and Lack of Comprehension. The band's playing skills were in top-notch condition, and the sound was great. They couldn't have picked a better vocalist (don't know his name) because he sounded almost exactly like Chuck! The opening band, Anciients, was really good too. I had just heard their debut album earlier this week so it was pretty cool to see them so soon after that. (If you're a fan of Opeth and Mastodon, you should definitely check them out.)

All in all, I give the concert a 9/10. Would have been a 10/10 if the set was longer (for comparison, last year's show was twice as long according to setlist.fm).

Took a peek at the setlist, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see them in NYC! Hopefully the set will be longer when I see them. Oh, and were there any Death t-shirts at the merch booth by any chance?