I find myself listening to Signals the most...

HereAgain

This album got the most play this summer especially before I found out the setlist. I was hoping for more off this one. I re-discovered Chemistry and Countdown and reaffirmed why this was the album that got me into this band almost thirty years ago. I'm going to listen to it tonight again. Thanks.

I find myself listening to Signals above all other titles, but just during these past few weeks though...With all this talk of jumping/making love to large fish and amphibious mammals, I've been closely examining the elemental differences on this title, as well as with '84 and '85. These three titles, taken together, do provide for a fine set...but I'd prefer the three proceeding sessions far more if given the option.

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 11 2010, 02:23 PM)
I find myself listening to Signals above all other titles, but just during these past few weeks though...With all this talk of jumping/making love to large fish and amphibious mammals, I've been closely examining the elemental differences on this title, as well as with '84 and '85. These three titles, taken together, do provide for a fine set...but I'd prefer the three proceeding sessions far more if given the option.

I think my brain just blew up!!!

QUOTE (HereAgain @ Sep 11 2010, 12:42 PM)
To me, it has everything. Great playing, great melodies, and even the production sounds great to me! Something about this album makes me happy too. I really feel it is their finest moment!

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Sep 11 2010, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 11 2010, 02:23 PM)
I find myself listening to Signals above all other titles, but just during these past few weeks though...With all this talk of jumping/making love to large fish and amphibious mammals, I've been closely examining the elemental differences on this title, as well as with '84 and '85.  These three titles, taken together, do provide for a fine set...but I'd prefer the three proceeding sessions far more if given the option.

I think my brain just blew up!!!

Even that was too many words?!?!

laugh.gif

Signals is a great Album! it was the first Rush Album I ever bought upon release date. I remember skipping out of school during lunch just to get to specs. All we did the rest of the day was stare at the Album and wonder what was in stored for us later. We were not disappointed. Lets face it, with Rush I've never been disappointed. Well maybe a little with Vapor Trail due to the poor quality of the mix but that's another thread entirely.

Signals hold a great place in my heart. It was the first Rush Tour I had the pleasure to watch Live as an impressionable youth! It was the album that inspired me to really play keyboards and began my adoration with Rush! It is the album that holds my favorite Rush song (Losing it) as well as the first Rush song I ever learned (Subdivisions). Which I also played in College for as a Music Final. The Album is in my top 7 favorite Rush Albums IMHO! If not in the top 3 albums. Its one of the albums I can listen to from beginning to end without skipping a track. Sharing the Limelight with Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, Hold Your Fire, Grace Under Pressure, and Snake and Arrows. I think Clockwork Angels will be added to this list later next year.

Regardless, Signals is worth our praise and devotion and a candidate for one of the albums I truely would like to see played in its entirety!

Signals and 2.gif Rules

notworthy.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 11 2010, 04:55 PM)
Signals is a great Album! it was the first Rush Album I ever bought upon release date. I remember skipping out of school during lunch just to get to specs. All we did the rest of the day was stare at the Album and wonder what was in stored for us later. We were not disappointed. Lets face it, with Rush I've never been disappointed. Well maybe a little with Vapor Trail due to the poor quality of the mix but that's another thread entirely.

Signals hold a great place in my heart. It was the first Rush Tour I had the pleasure to watch Live as an impressionable youth! It was the album that inspired me to really play keyboards and began my adoration with Rush! It is the album that holds my favorite Rush song (Losing it) as well as the first Rush song I ever learned (Subdivisions). Which I also played in College for as a Music Final. The Album is in my top 7 favorite Rush Albums IMHO! If not in the top 3 albums. Its one of the albums I can listen to from beginning to end without skipping a track. Sharing the Limelight with Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, Hold Your Fire, Grace Under Pressure, and Snake and Arrows. I think Clockwork Angels will be added to this list later next year.

Regardless, Signals is worth our praise and devotion and a candidate for one of the albums I truely would like to see played in its entirety!

Signals and 2.gif Rules

notworthy.gif

Signals grabbed me at the first note. Definitely it's always in my top 3 favorite Rush albums.

My favorite Rush concert experience was hearing Analog Kid where the keys kick in on the choruses. It just feel surreal. I think when Rush had such big success with Moving Pictures, they really felt they had to surpass it somehow. In my opinion and in many others here, they did.

Signals converted me into a fan. It's my second fave album (behind HYF) and is such a different kind of album and was definitely one of the best albums released in 1982.

Archived