SPOILER

Nim2

What is wrong with Jacob's Ladder?

There is an ongoing theme of WE WANT JL on the board whenever a tour is announced.

We know it is not played this tour but I am wondering(just in fun ya'll), what complaints will be made regarding the live version once they do play it live again? (You know there will be plenty)

This thread is for the PRE-EMPTIVE complaints to be made.

For example......

The tempo was too fast/slow.

Alex played the wrong guitar.

They changed 2 notes.

ETC., ETC......

This is probably going to be interesting.

Al runs his mouth laugh.gif I will not believe a word next time until i hear it for myself no.gif

i guess they decided to shelve it for next year's tour.... that way there's another reason to see them for the diehards.

either that or they were too bored playing it.... some of it is plodding and simple.... so maybe that's the case. i love it and it's a favorite of mine.... i think it would have been a good encore song!

Storm clouds over my neighborhood yesterday evening...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/EveryNerveAware/RUSH/IMAG0039.jpg

The clouds prepare for battle

In the dark and brooding silence

Bruised and sullen storm clouds

Have the light of day obscured

Looming low and ominous

In twilight premature

Thunder heads are rumbling

In a distant overture...

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 9 2010, 08:27 AM)
So somebody started a thread to complain about a song that they may or may not play live a year from now? confused13.gif

Yeah that makes sense wacko.gif

All in fun or can you not read?

No sense of humor here.

It is just to make a point of how hopeless some of the JL fanatics are. You know that if the song is ever played, there WILL be complaints that it was not PERFECT.

Maybe just before they go into the moog part they can hit that dun dun dun dun dun du-du-du-du-du! and then launch into Superconductor. That would issue a complaint from me. I'm still upset from when they did that to Xanadu 20 years ago.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 9 2010, 02:46 PM)
Maybe just before they go into the moog part they can hit that dun dun dun dun dun du-du-du-du-du! and then launch into Superconductor. That would issue a complaint from me. I'm still upset from when they did that to Xanadu 20 years ago.

Hilarious. I'm sure you weren't the only one that had a problem with that!

I would rage and laugh at the same time.

QUOTE (2112th Man @ Sep 9 2010, 07:33 AM)
i guess they decided to shelve it for next year's tour.... that way there's another reason to see them for the diehards.
either that or they were too bored playing it.... some of it is plodding and simple.... so maybe that's the case. i love it and it's a favorite of mine.... i think it would have been a good encore song!

Interesting thought... I've sometimes thought that they've shelved it because some of the drum part.... which has neil working his snare in some pretty odd time signatures around the 5:28 mark of the song... always thought that would dissuade them from playing live. Leaves alot of room for error if they want to duplicate that part live, given how difficult it is.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 10 2010, 12:10 AM)

I would rage and laugh at the same time.

That is kind of how I felt. Xanadu was chopped in half. Even when they started the verse to SC I kept thinking. Xanadu-it's going back right? My friends and I just looked at each other.