Yoko Ono Is So Talented

karkarius

Someone here, I think it was Ya Ya, said that Yoko is being faithful to a traditional Japanese style of singing, and that she's actually pretty good. To me, she sounds like a cracked-out cat whose eyeballs are being sucked out while catnip is shoved up its ass, but what do I know?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 3 2010, 09:56 AM)
Someone here, I think it was Ya Ya, said that Yoko is being faithful to a traditional Japanese style of singing, and that she's actually pretty good. To me, she sounds like a cracked-out cat whose eyeballs are being sucked out while catnip is shoved up its ass, but what do I know?

She was probably referring to Japanese enka. In any decade, it's a genre that seems to only be liked by folks over 60. This is not a knock on it...it's just an observation. I'd say that Yoko isn't trying to do enka, it's just that there are some similarities (sucking might be the similarity) biggrin.gif . j/k

This discussion reminds me of a great episode of an old TV show called "Bosom Buddies." Tom Hanks was the star and in the episode he's at an art gallery and he's amazed that this awesome piece is being ignored by people while a white canvas with nothing more than a large red circle in the middle of it is being admired by some Art critic and all his sycophants. So Hanks goes over to him and says, "What is it that you like so much about this work?" The critic gives a long pretentious answer about symbolism and symmetry and simplicity and complexity and so forth, Hanks looks at him and screams, "IT'S A JAPANESE FLAG!!!"

2.gif

QUOTE (karkarius @ Sep 3 2010, 06:10 AM)
This discussion reminds me of a great episode of an old TV show called "Bosom Buddies." Tom Hanks was the star and in the episode he's at an art gallery and he's amazed that this awesome piece is being ignored by people while a white canvas with nothing more than a large red circle in the middle of it is being admired by some Art critic and all his sycophants. So Hanks goes over to him and says, "What is it that you like so much about this work?" The critic gives a long pretentious answer about symbolism and symmetry and simplicity and complexity and so forth, Hanks looks at him and screams, "IT'S A JAPANESE FLAG!!!"

2.gif

"Bosom Buddies."

Donna Dixon.

That's all I got. yes.gif

At first I didn't know if you were serious or just joking.

It reminded me of a Nickelback appreciation thread from last year.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 2 2010, 05:56 PM)
To me, she sounds like a cracked-out cat whose eyeballs are being sucked out while catnip is shoved up its ass, but what do I know?

Thanks for the stunning mental imagery. unsure.gif

Watching this video, it's so obvious why John fell for her. I mean, who wouldn't? confused13.gif

Srsly though, she sounds like she's badly in need of an exorcism. scared.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 2 2010, 07:56 PM)

I read this before I watched the video...then during the video all I could think of was this comment and I rofl3.gif'd through the entire video.

Archived