Dear Lindsay Lohan...

Presto-digitation

Remember when Robert Downey was a complete mess. His career was finished. Now he is one of the most in demand actors in the business.

Lindsay Lohan is still a kid in my eyes and I believe at some point she will snap out of it. She does have real talent, so when she gets her shit together she will get work.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 28 2010, 08:30 AM)
Remember when Robert Downey was a complete mess. His career was finished. Now he is one of the most in demand actors in the business.
Lindsay Lohan is still a kid in my eyes and I believe at some point she will snap out of it. She does have real talent, so when she gets her shit together she will get work.

SHE HAS TALENT AND IS A HUGELY ATTRACTIVE YOUNG LADY. IF SHE STRAIGHTENS HERSELF OUT, SHE HAVE A CAREER. Oooops. I dont feel like typing that again smile.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 28 2010, 05:30 AM)

Agreed. She is genuinely talented and has great potential if she can keep her personal life from interfering with her work. Does she have Robert Downey Jr. talent? Well, I don't know about THAT, but she already has proven she can really act.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 27 2010, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 27 2010, 05:17 PM)
I think she has talent.  But I can't tolerate all the media coverage of her "problems".  She's pretty much in denial and until she realizes that she ain't gonna improve.

if she could stay off the sauce shed be a lot better off.. laugh.gif

Speaking of denial, I saw the interview Lindsay's mother gave on the Today Show after Lindsay was released from jail. Dina Lohan has her head so far up her butt, it's pitiful. That woman is in bad denial, and as long as she's that way Lindsay will never get over her problems. I think Lindsay's father knows his daughter needs help, but he's not exactly a model parent, either.

It takes tough love to help a child get through their problems. And yes, you go through a period of denial until you finally get your head out of your butt to see what's really happening. I've been there.

On April 29, 2009, my son was arrested for breaking into cars at the local community college where he was a student. When the campus police, city police and county sheriff's department began comparing notes and unsolved cases, they linked 14 counts of burglaries on him. My son was stealing stuff to sell for money to buy drugs or he would trade it for drugs. One of the those he stole from was his very own aunt and uncle.

The day after his arrest, my son began to wise up and realize the mess he was in. He began cooperating. I signed off on a search warrant, and the stuff he hadn't sold/traded yet was stashed away in his bedroom in our house. It hurts to say it, but my son was a wasted junky. He was pathetic. He had lost about 40 pounds in less than a year and there were a lot of crazy things were happening at our home that involved him - and eventually attracted the attention of the local police. Our neighbors didn't appreciate the frequent appearances by the PD at our home.

We couldn't bond him out -- heck, it was $300,000. All those counts add up. Months later, I shook the hand of the judge who set the bond and thanked him for setting it that high. It was a blessing. The sheriff said I could get him out with a simple property bond. However, I didn't trust my son. I thought he was a flight risk or worse a risk to himself and us.

The sheriff, a personal friend of mine, recommended that my son stay in the slammer so he could dry out from the dope. He said drying out while incarcerated is a heck of a lot more cheaper and sometimes more effective than putting him in some high-dollar rehab facility.

So, my wife and I left our son in the county jail --- for three months.

We told our son that he got himself in this mess and he was going have to be man enough to accept responsibility for his actions. And he did. He cooperated with the authorities on other cases, gave up a few names of people he was associated with (they're all serving time now), and began to dry out.

When we finally got him out on the property bond after his arraignment on five counts of burglary and larceny of autos, he had gained 30 pounds and had a whole lot different attitude. He went straight into a halfway home (court-ordered) for three months and continued to progress for the better. The druggie that my son had become began to disappear and my real son slowly returned.

After the three months were up, it was time for his hearing. There was no trial to this; it was a done case, and our attorney worked with the DA's office to come up with a plea deal: plead guilty to three counts of B&L of autos and pay restitution & fines (it cost us a good bit, but we did it). The DA's office recommended a seven-year suspended sentence, with my son to go to the state's Regimented Inmate Discipline program, a six-month boot camp for first-time felons at a youth correctional facility. The remaining counts, including those coming down against him in the next grand jury, were dropped.

The six months were rough, but my son grew up in that time. He's 21 and a much better young man now.

He came home six weeks ago and things are going well for him. While in prison he rededicated his life to the Lord and faithfully attends church. He has a job with a sheet metal company and is taking an online course with the very community community whose campus he was arrested on. And if he does well in the online course and doesn't get in trouble, the school said it would allow him to return to campus as a full-time student with probationary status. I love my son and I'm proud of the progress he's made.

He's also learning how cope with life as a convicted felon. As for legal probation, he's on it for five years. He knows if he slips up during that time, he's got seven years waiting on him at the state pen.

How does all of this relate to Lindsay Lohan?

Her parents, especially her mother, need to show some tough love instead of making excuses for her and sending her off to another high-price rehab facility. Long-time incarceration might be the only way to straight her out.

If Lindsay gets in trouble again, her parents need to say, "Tough shit. You got yourself in this situation. Grow up and learn the ways of jail because this is where you'll stay if you don't turn around your life." They need to let her know they're upset with what she's become, but encourage her to straight up. Linsday needs to "woman up," so to speak, and become responsible for her actions and her life. She really needs someone to some real tough love, not parents who run to the media blaming everyone but their child for everything that's gone wrong.

Sorry for the long rant. If you don't respond to it, fine. Hardly anyone responds to my posts anyway. This was something that was bearing on my mind as I read this thread, and I thought I could get my point across with a quick post or two; I couldn't hold back any longer. This will be the last I'll say about it.

I think that's part of the story...if you've got ordinary kids from an ordinary, middle-class suburb who grow up living ordinary lives, IMO you're more likely to not see the kid imitate out-of-touch Hollywood types, and instead emulate their peers.

Dear Linday Lohan

Who are you exactly?

You are this vaguely familar name which pops up now and again in tabloid rags and trashy celebrity magazines, but I can't recall seeing anything with you starring in it, neither can I name a single film that you are a part of...

Please enlighten me.

Yours sincerely

Someone who wouldn't wish you dead, but whose life is totally unaffected by anything you do.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 29 2010, 07:03 AM)
Dear Linday Lohan

Who are you exactly?

You are this vaguely familar name which pops up now and again in tabloid rags and trashy celebrity magazines, but I can't recall seeing anything with you starring in it, neither can I name a single film that you are a part of...

Please enlighten me.

Yours sincerely

Someone who wouldn't wish you dead, but whose life is totally unaffected by anything you do.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/lindsay_lohan_11.jpghttp://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/lindsay-lohan1.jpg

Lindsay looking healthy and not totally f*cked up.

Today a warrant has been issued for Lohan's arrest after she violated terms of her early release.

This person doesn't have woeful health issues and addictions...she has "I'm a celebrity-itis" which causes her to involuntarily give the middle finger to authority figures and, by its very definition, puts her above the law. Between WILLFULLY ignoring her court mandated terms of probation (two times ago) and her early release (last time) -- compounded with going to Vanity Fair where she calls everyone else out for screwing up her life, she simply thinks the rules do not apply to her.

My heart freakin' bleeds.

Wonder how long she'll serve this time, 10 days??

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 21 2010, 01:17 PM)
Today a warrant has been issued for Lohan's arrest after she violated terms of her early release.

This person doesn't have woeful health issues and addictions...she has "I'm a celebrity-itis" which causes her to involuntarily give the middle finger to authority figures and, by its very definition, puts her above the law. Between WILLFULLY ignoring her court mandated terms of probation (two times ago) and her early release (last time) -- compounded with going to Vanity Fair where she calls everyone else out for screwing up her life, she simply thinks the rules do not apply to her.

My heart freakin' bleeds.

Wonder how long she'll serve this time, 10 days??

I wouldn't even know about her life updates if it wasn't for you and this thread. Thanks for sharing your OBSESSION. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 21 2010, 02:08 PM)
She's earned prison time.

A full 60 days might leave a lasting impression...

At this point, I doubt it.

Maybe a 6 month stay at a 'normal' rehab center will help her.

I personally would like to see her succeed in her sobriety....most would.

I would like not to hear about her for a full year and then have her resurface a better person.

You know what would be awesome? If celebrities were forced to appear in courts outside of California. Like, they could define "celebrity" and anyone who fits the description, when they break the law, would have to go to court in No Name, Oklahoma. And the press wouldn't be allowed to know where or when the trial would be. People like Lohan would have to face a real judge in a real town and be subjected to the real law.

It's a pipe dream, I know. Not to mention totally unconstitutional. But still.

Judges in California are way, way too soft on celebrities.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 21 2010, 02:36 PM)
A full 60 days? For the crimes she's committed? She's earned more than that. If she wasn't a celebrity, if she were held to the same legal standard as the rest of us, she would have been jailed years ago - and not for a mere 60 days. She'd still be there today.

It was reported that a failed drug test while on probation was 30 days in jail.

She has failed two test since she got out of rehab.....That's where I got the 60 days from.

I agree....she deserves more like 6 - 9 months in jail.

I predict she'll get 60 and serve 30 - 45 days of it.

In addition to the jail time, she'll get 3 - 9 months in-house rehab and serve 90 days...

And then about a 50-50% chance of going back on drugs.

Oh, no, you're right of course - for this infraction. No, I meant going all the way back to the start of her problems... if you add up all the drug use and possession, all the traffic incidents, all everything, she's earned more than 60 days. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't phrase that well.

Dear Lindsay Lohan..

Stop being a f***ing spoiled little BITCH and get your life back on track so I can stop hearing about you and your stupidity all of the time. You're not a hot celeb. You're a bitch. A skanky trashy druggy bitchy BITCH. Fix that, why don't ya!

Sincerely,

You Suck