The Longest Day

The Legacy

For The Greater Good Of God

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns

When The Wild Wind Blows

The Talisman

Satellite 15....The Final Frontier

Mother of Mercy

I wish I could do this...But it seems to be that some serious time has passed since I've even touched Brave or Dance...

But, I think that a 'best of' compilation of these last four, Kevin Shirley-produced albums would be a nice treat for your neighbor's ears...

I say, pump that sucka out to them as a neighborly gift from a 200 Watt home stereo system...That's how we do.

I got me windows open right now and I'm treating the entire neighborhood to WHAT I BELIEVE is a well-balanced, Rock ' Roll, mid-afternoon mix.

They all must love me, on all sides...Well, in fact, I do know that some of 'em must even be actually paying attention...'cause the 20 year old boyfriend of the girl two doors down is always asking who the last artist on the playlist was...

I say to him, I says, 'We don't play no POP music around these parts, son. You go down to the big city for that noise. We only playing the best music that a growing boy's bones and joints could ask for...Well you know I look like a woman but I cut like a buffalo...Stand up like a tower, tall, but I fall just like a domino." Then I close me window and do three hundred crunches and 150 pushups to prove to them and myself that I'm not 'old' yet...just ol-der.

But I'll get back to ya on the IM comp....Suffice it to say that it shall hast the songs, 'The Wickerman', Pashendale, Rainmaker, Dance of Death and Brave New World, along with all of AMOLAD and Isle of Avalon from the new one.

The Wicker Man

Ghost of the Navigator

Out of the Silent Planet

Rainmaker

Dance of Death

Paschendale

The Legacy

The Longest Day

Isle of Avalon

Mother of Mercy

Starblind

The Talisman

When The Wild Wind Blows

Now I'll put them in order for my own album:

1. The Wicker Man

2. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns

3. Ghost of the Navigator

4. Isle of Avalon

5. Mother of Mercy

6. Paschendale

7. Starblind

8. The Longest Day

9. The Talisman

10. Dance of Death

11. Rainmaker

12. The Legacy

13. Out of the Silent Planet

14. When The Wild Wind Blows

Holy shart. That's an album.

Edited by HemispheresserehpsimeH

Blood Brothers

The Fallen Angel

Ghost of the Navigator

Paschendale! 1022.gif

No More Lies

Montsegur

For the Greater Good of God

The Legacy

These Colors Don't Run

Isle of Avalon! 1022.gif 1022.gif

When the Wild Wind Blows

Coming Home

The Man Who Would Be King

The Talisman

Edited by Barchetta82

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 24 2010, 06:58 PM)
Nice choices, all! trink39.gif

Now that Maiden is releasing crazy amounts of products all time...Look left, there's a new album, Look right - a new DVD...Look south by southeast and there's a calendar and a batch of greeting cards...

Now that the band is releasing compilations like, "Somewhere Back in Time: The Best of 1980-1989", I wouldn't put it past them to release something like '2000 to 2010, The Best of the Kevin Shirley Era"....Anything to make a buck.

QUOTE (thelocator @ Aug 24 2010, 08:58 PM)
Nice choices, all!  trink39.gif

Now that Maiden is releasing crazy amounts of products all time...Look left, there's a new album, Look right - a new DVD...Look south by southeast and there's a calendar and a batch of greeting cards...

Now that the band is releasing compilations like, "Somewhere Back in Time: The Best of 1980-1989", I wouldn't put it past them to release something like '2000 to 2010, The Best of the Kevin Shirley Era"....Anything to make a buck.

Why not? It's as valid as anyone's greatest hits packaging and it would actually be something new...(versus Run To The Hills, Number Of The Beast and the same ol' cast of "hits").

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 25 2010, 01:13 PM)

I've seen odder things. Kiss has a hits package that covers their "lesser" 80s material.

Well, there's a lot of 'lesser' indiwiduals out there to accomodate...Sometimes less is more? Nah...In the case of 80's KISS, less is definitely less.

Easy on the KISS bashin'. wink.gif As far as the 21st century Maiden, TFF is really growing on me, but listing a 'favorites' would be premature. Here goes, in loose order...

1. Paschendale

2. Ghost Of The Navigator

3. Dance Of Death

4. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

5. Satellite15...The Final Frontier

6. Brave New World

7. Wickerman

8. Starblind

9. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

10. Out Of The Silent Planet

11. Blood Brothers

12. Montsegur

13. Coming Home

14. Different World

QUOTE (thelocator @ Aug 24 2010, 06:58 PM)
Nice choices, all!  trink39.gif

It's completely redundant, but I might snap up that "Somewhere Back in Time" because I love compilations so much. A sucka is born!! biggrin.gif

(I need to hear the other 3 Shirley albums before I can par-ti-ci-pate in this here thread.)

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Aug 26 2010, 09:31 AM)
Easy on the KISS bashin'. wink.gif As far as the 21st century Maiden, TFF is really growing on me, but listing a 'favorites' would be premature. Here goes, in loose order...

1. Paschendale
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. Dance Of Death
4. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
5. Satellite15...The Final Frontier
6. Brave New World
7. Wickerman
8. Starblind
9. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
10. Out Of The Silent Planet
11. Blood Brothers
12. Montsegur
13. Coming Home
14. Different World

Glad you're coming around to the new album, by the way. Very cool. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 26 2010, 08:01 PM)
It's completely redundant, but I might snap up that "Somewhere Back in Time" because I love compilations so much. A sucka is born!! biggrin.gif

Actually, that move makes no sense for a fella like yourself, Sport...You need to go directly to where you left off, literally somewhere back in time...with both Somewhere 'IN' Time and 7th Son...

I believe the latter to be signifcantly better for some reason...It has more concert favourites, that's one thing...But, I think of it more as the template for future Prog Metal, very much like Queensryche's Mindcrime is...But, I guess that all Maiden from the second half of the 80's is progressive to some extent.

I think I'm going to spin 'SIT' right this instant to see if there does exist much of a disparity in song quality...Pro'lly not...It's right after 7th Son where everything goes South, and stays South for some time. There's three 'Smith' songs on 'SIT', whereas there's a lot of collaboration, sharing of credits on 7th Son.

I think that the reason I'm a little down on 'SIT' is because the big-ass Epic track, Alexander The Great is nowhere as good as Rime of the Ancient Mariner from Powerslave...And, I also don't care for 'Heaven Can Wait' and 'Loneliness' either...The album has four excellent songs, whereas 7th Son is amazing start to finish.

Of course, this happens to be a Maiden thread with probably at least one wackadoodle that will now contradict everything I just said. I kid...Maiden fans are a pleasant and non-combative bunch.

The Wicker Man

Ghost of the Navigator

Brave New World

Blood Brothers

No More Lies

Dance of Death

Pashundale

Different World

These Colours Don't Run

The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

Satelitte 15 ...The Final Frontier