DVD of this tour...

Phantom

I'm surprised that to this point, there's been no reference as to whether or not the boys will film this tour for a DVD release.

I certainly hope so... but imagine the challenge is that they'll be on tour NEXT summer as well, and likely don't want to release 2 concert DVD's in succession.

Too bad, as this is one tour that I'd love to have on DVD.

I hope they film this tour, unless they're going to repeat the whole Moving Pictures thing again next year. Having MP performed in its entirety is just too epic not to film.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 25 2010, 06:47 PM)
I hope they film this tour, unless they're going to repeat the whole Moving Pictures thing again next year. Having MP performed in its entirety is just too epic not to film.

Exactly...

I would pay anything to have " Camera Eye " from this tour, on DVD....

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 25 2010, 06:47 PM)

it will be the same show for the european leg(yet to be announced)and i suspect the live dvd will be released afterwards.

maybe a couple more songs from clockwork angels will be "stage ready" by then also.

QUOTE (DallasRUSHian @ Jul 25 2010, 06:42 PM)
perhaps, "Return to Rio" smile.gif

I hope, that if they do another DVD in Rio, they improve the sound quality by cutting up some crowd noise. It was awful! dazed025.gif

QUOTE (rocketom @ Jul 25 2010, 08:02 PM)
It's possible they might do what Journey did. Record a dvd and put it in with the new cd next year. If they dont film one of these shows, I'm Kicking someones Ass.

Film this tour, and include it with the CD release next year of Clockwork Angels?

I love that idea.

I think (and hope) that there probably will be a DVD for this tour as well as the 2011 tour. The setlist will probably change a lot for 2011, since they'll likely play a large portion of Clockwork Angels, IMO. (I can already see the threads complaining about the setlist. eh.gif )

If so, I hope they release the full show for both tours, even if there's some duplication. At this point, with perhaps only a handful of tours remaining, I would like to have a full document for each tour on DVD.

For 2010, here's hoping that they'll film the upcoming Red Rocks shows. ohmy.gif Could be a possibility, since they're playing back-to-back nights and could pick the best performances from each night for the DVD.

Edited by PariahDog

Since they've come out with a DVD/album of the last three tours I think they'll probably have one for this. As to weather it's of this set or a different one after the new albums comes out remains to be seen. I just hope the DVD includes Presto, Marathon and all of MP on it.

I'm sure there will be a DVD/Bluray of the tour and next year's tour as well. Nowadays with all the camera phones recording every show, I'm sure they want to make some money by releasing the DVD for that tour. Back in the day all we had was VHS, in which usually half the setlist was not included. Edited by rush22112

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 27 2010, 07:20 PM)
For 2010, here's hoping that they'll film the upcoming Red Rocks shows. Could be a possibility, since they're playing back-to-back nights and could pick the best performances from each night for the DVD.

Good point.

QUOTE (Der Trommler2112 @ Jul 27 2010, 06:45 PM)
i think what should of done, is tape every show and then do a song from almost every venue, that would of been cool.

rofl3.gif

I just love the wildly unrealistic ideas that fans come up with!

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 28 2010, 10:38 AM)
i think what should of done, is tape every show and then do a song from almost every venue, that would of been cool.

rofl3.gif

Uh...it's really not that far-fetched. Iron Maiden did it.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 28 2010, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 28 2010, 10:38 AM)

rofl3.gif

Uh...it's really not that far-fetched. Iron Maiden did it.

So did Manowar and a bunch of other bands...Manowar, by the way, records EVERY concert they play.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 27 2010, 11:51 PM)

They are taping this tour

This leg? That would be very cool !

26 shows left in north america, and 2 in south america.

I hope we hear something about it soon!

To be honest, I think it should depend on how large the post-album tour is going to be. The current tour consists of smaller venues while previous tours have been arena and stadium affairs. If they plan on larger venues for the next leg, then I say hold back and wait to record those shows if they must. A concert film without a large crowd cheering behind it would be lacking something indefinitely. The current leg feels like (and to some extent, is) a warm-up tour (regardless of the significance of the Moving Pictures setlist), so I don't see a great reason to record now if they plan on an upcoming leg.