I love Pearl Jam, anyone else?

afurrything

Just sitting here tonight thinking where would I be if I hadn't drank the PJ Kool Aid so many years ago.

I still love to pop my Ten cd into my cd player. IMO Ten needs to be listened to on cd. If you are listening to random songs on an ipod you just lose the flow of the songs. I still love every single song.

And from every album since, nearly every single song is still as wonderful as the first time I heard it.

I've only seen them live 10 times but every show was just beautiful. I love that they do a different set every night.

I've loved Rush for years, since 1978 or so, been to several Rush shows. I never felt the community like I do with the PJ people.

Anyone else love PJ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy converted me to PJ as he was always playing it in his car. I thoroughly love that PJ never has the same show. So many bands go on tour and play the same bloody set every night. Lameola period. Sucks to hear that EV stated at their last concert that it was to be PJ's last live concert for some time.

Vetter man

I was into them back in the day and saw them live several times. They always put on a good show. Funny enough, I don't like Ten that much. It's certainly not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination. I just think they released much superior material later on.

Good band. I don't listen to them that much anymore. I think the well ran dry around the time of Yield.

Mookie Blaylock!

Love PJ, wearing my Backspacer tour shirt as I type.

Mostly good to great albums, with the exceptions of Binaural & Riot Act. Those 2 were a bit average. Merkin Ball and Lost Dogs are great too.

Have loads of the live albums, currently giving the 7 disc Live At THe Gorge a good going over.

The Dublin show I attended recently was fantastic. They were on fire.

QUOTE (silver @ Jul 25 2010, 12:02 AM)
My buddy converted me to PJ as he was always playing it in his car. I thoroughly love that PJ never has the same show. So many bands go on tour and play the same bloody set every night. Lameola period. Sucks to hear that EV stated at their last concert that it was to be PJ's last live concert for some time.

Vetter man

Man I love to ramble about stuff when I drink tongue.gif

Anyway Eddie says a lot of shit, sometimes it's even true. He tends to say stuff like that a lot. There was a release from their management saying a lot got lost in translation. So while I agree they probably are on a hiatus, it's probably not going to be any longer than other times they've taken off. And like I tell everyone, Eddie will show up and sing somewhere with someone, he always does, even if they don't want him to. laugh.gif

And I agree with whoever said they don't think Ten is their best. It is wonderful, but so are many of their other albums.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 25 2010, 02:12 AM)
Mookie Blaylock!

Love PJ, wearing my Backspacer tour shirt as I type.

Mostly good to great albums, with the exceptions of Binaural & Riot Act. Those 2 were a bit average. Merkin Ball and Lost Dogs are great too.
Have loads of the live albums, currently giving the 7 disc Live At THe Gorge a good going over.

The Dublin show I attended recently was fantastic. They were on fire.

yes.gif trink39.gif

I saw the RIOT ACT tour and that is one cd I have a hard time listening to. I go in phases of listening to them and then I take a hiatus for awhile and come back. I imagine Eddie will do another solo cd and mini tour like he did before for it.

I'm a big fan of the band. I've seen them several times over the last 15 years.

I saw the last show at the Philly Spectrum back in October. Great show.

Looking forward to their next tour.

They're one of the best bands out there today, no matter how opinionated Eddie gets. I don't listen to his politics. Most celebs don't know what the heck they're talking about. They see the world through whatever colored glasses they put on.

Enough about politics....this could wander into SOCN territory!

Great great music...love it.

Just bought a copy of "Live On Two Legs" in an effort to reintroduce myself to PJ.

I loved their first 3 albums, also saw them at Lollapalooza 92 (and it was kickass) but they kind of lost me after 1994, aside from "Given To Fly". I'm curious to hear what I've missed.

Where should I go next?

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jul 26 2010, 03:30 PM)
Just bought a copy of "Live On Two Legs" in an effort to reintroduce myself to PJ.

I loved their first 3 albums, also saw them at Lollapalooza 92 (and it was kickass) but they kind of lost me after 1994, aside from "Given To Fly". I'm curious to hear what I've missed.

Where should I go next?

Although PJ has released literally hundred of live bootlegs, "Live on Two Legs" is one of my favorite live albums. Great versions of some of their best tunes!. I especially like the versions of Corduroy and Black, not to mention Neil Young's "f*ckin Up". Great album!

If you like that one, consider getting Yield next. After that I'd go in this order:

Pearl Jam

Backspacer

Binaural

Riot Act

Edited by Barchetta82

QUOTE (silver @ Jul 26 2010, 05:09 PM)
Lost Dogs has some interestingly good stuff as well.

YES!!!! I have been listening to that a bunch lately.

And Vitalogy.

I love No Code and Binaural.

I just made 2 cds for a friend who says he wanted to try to get into PJ. He said I might know the good stuff not played on the radio and here is what I put on them.

1. Tuolumne-Eddie Vedder

2. Insignificance

3. Soon Forget

4. Hard To Imagine

5. Dirty Frank

6. Sometimes

7. Smile

8. Red Mosquito

9. Present Tense

10. Can't Keep

11. Glorified G

12. Rats

13. Faithfull

14. Push Me, Pull Me

15. I Got Shit

16. Breath

17. Footsteps

18. Sad

and

1. Given To Fly

2. All Those Yesterdays

3. Force Of Nature

4. In The Moonlight

5. Wash

6. Deep

7. Immortality

8. Wishlist

9. Rival

10. State Of Love And Trust

11. Corduroy

12. Not For You

13. Hail, Hail

14. Do The Evolution

15. Rise-Eddie Vedder

16. Long Nights-Eddie Vedder

17. Spin The Black Circle

They're kind of a slow burn for me. I really got into Ten when it was out. It was just an awesome album and an interesting time in my life. Around the mid-'90's i left them (as well as most "Seattle" bands) alone for awhile. Picked up a couple of albums three months ago and have been kinda getting back into them.