Chicken Salad...

Cygnys

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 22 2010, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jul 22 2010, 02:33 PM)
There is unrest in the forum
There is trouble with the trolls
For the Cygnys wants more attention
And the mods ignore his pleas

The trouble with the trolls
(and they're quite convinced they're clever)
they say the mods are just too oppressive
and they lock up all the threads
But the mods can't help their feelings
If they don't want people to act like morons
And they wonder why the trolls
Can't just shut their freaking mouths

Winner post of the thread. trink39.gif

I approve. smile.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cygnys @ Jul 22 2010, 02:22 PM)
how about this post in that locked thread?

QUOTE (anchorman @ Jul 19 2010, 12:05 PM)
I like the music and hate the lyrics. Being Christian will do that to you. C'est la vie.

Quote from EmotionDetector:

Agreed on both fronts.

So, what I gather that it's ok to post about this subject as long as we agree with your view right?....isn't that a bit hypocritical in an open forum as you suggest this is?

Hmm...good find. After reading that again, I actually realized that I don't necessarily agree with that statement as I had previously implied.

He said he "hates" the lyrics. While they are far from what I believe in on a personal level, I have grown to appreciate them for what they are.

With that said...the reason his comment didn't get any flack was because he didn't actually say anything derogatory about anything or anyone. He kept his focus on the lyrics alone.

But thanks for bringing that quote back...because I want to clarify. I DON'T 'hate' the lyrics...they just don't resonate with me on a personal level. But I still do love the music alot, it has one of Alex's best and most emotional solos in a long while. I love it...as I do S&A.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 22 2010, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 22 2010, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Jul 22 2010, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jul 22 2010, 12:32 PM)
Know how to make tinnitus go away? Ignore it.

I wish it were that easy.

sad.gif

Yeah, that is no joke. I assume you have that problem -- sorry to hear it (no pun intended). My sister has it pretty bad now, and I'm right at that point where I have to wear ear protection every time I'm in a loud environment to avoid getting full-blown tinnitus.

I have it BAD. I wake up in the middle of the night and my ears are just screaming. It's impossible to ignore.

Ear Protection kids!

The original comment was meant to be taken a little more allegorically, but yes, I have it as well - yes, it sucks and yes, if/when I keep my mind off of it, it lessons it (in a sense). I find caffeine, sugar, alcohol and lack of sleep can all increase the "volume" of my 'version'.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 22 2010, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Jul 22 2010, 03:04 PM)
How 'bout that setlist???

Well...from what I hear, it SUCKS!

But...from what I SAW, it ROCKS!

wink.gif

Actually, I heard that word on the street is, the word "SUCKS" is now synonymous with "Super Frikkin Awesome".

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 22 2010, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 22 2010, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Jul 22 2010, 03:04 PM)
How 'bout that setlist???

Well...from what I hear, it SUCKS!

But...from what I SAW, it ROCKS!

wink.gif

Actually, I heard that word on the street is, the word "SUCKS" is now synonymous with "Super Frikkin Awesome".

Makes sense...because I loved it.

Amazing stuff! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Cygnys @ Jul 22 2010, 04:14 PM)
2. no, you don't like religious talk on these boards unless it comforms to your or emotion-guy's views, lets be clear.

I've got it!!

Mods and/or Admins...I'd like to formally request that we make this my member title, since I don't have one yet.

Emotion-Guy

I'd love it. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 22 2010, 05:07 PM)
I'm sincerely embarrassed that I wasted this much time on you today. I can't believe I tried to reason with you. I'm dead serious. That was your last post. Later.

cheer.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif 1287.gif trink39.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 22 2010, 04:25 PM)
2. no, you don't like religious talk on these boards unless it comforms to your or emotion-guy's views, lets be clear.

I've got it!!

Mods and/or Admins...I'd like to formally request that we make this my member title, since I don't have one yet.

Emotion-Guy

I'd love it. yes.gif

1001...all jokes aside, I wouldn't mind this member title, if I can have it! smile.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 22 2010, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 22 2010, 04:25 PM)

I've got it!!

Emotion-Guy

I'd love it. yes.gif

1001...all jokes aside, I wouldn't mind this member title, if I can have it! smile.gif

Sure, why not. cool.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 22 2010, 05:19 PM)
wow(intentional small "w"). 14 posts. Is that a record? Should I call Norris McWhirter?

There's a donkey staring at me through the window and he's eating a potato. The b*stard.

It was for about 2 minutes until another troublemaker got banned after 7 posts laugh.gif

Edited by Snowdog