Weed and Rush...

I just wish that people wouldn't get so damn drunk at shows that they are:

a. walking in front of you more than 3 times to get another beer from the concession stands

b. making a general ass/nuisance of themselves to the point where it bugs people around them

c. passes out or throws up all over someone/something

What's the F-ing point of going to a show and getting so hammered that you don't remember anything? I've never understood that...ESPECIALLY now when everything is so expensive.

Weed I can take or leave. I usually like to be sober at gigs... I remember more that way smile.gif

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every band went with weed but cool10.gif was a long time ago for me

It's not that they are attached at the hip but I am sure the Boys don't mind folks firing up a fatty before Passage. I mean really. It's a f**k-truck better than dealing with 15K drunken morons.

Just makes for a better atmosphere.....

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jul 26 2010, 11:19 AM)
What's the F-ing point of going to a show and getting so hammered that you don't remember anything? I've never understood that...ESPECIALLY now when everything is so expensive.

I feel the same way. I think these people are nuts.

My co-worker told me about all the drunks and messed up people at a Dave Matthews show she went to. I'm like, why spend that much on a ticket, get that wasted, and not remember anything? If you just wanted a place to party hard, your yard doesn't cost a thing.

Edited by GeddyRulz

And some people are randomly drug-tested at work. Some stoner's disregard for people around him could seriously f*ck things up for someone else with the secondhand smoke.

My employer doesn't do this, however, my previous one did.

You can not inhale enough second hand smoke to test positive no.gif

Give me a break wacko.gif

This is true. My boss, who is also my friend, used to be in charge of Human Resources and told me that almost everyone who failed a drug test would say that it was from a contact high, and blame it on concerts or they were at a party.

BULLSHIT!!! While yes, you can get a contact high... you can NOT get high enough from one to test positive. It can NOT happen. It will never be accepted as an excuse for testing positive, so don't be an idiot and even try to blame it on being around people smoking. You can't even test positive from rare smoking. It needs to be on a consistant basis. TRUST ME. I was tested two days after having smoked to the point of being stoned and it didn't come up positive, because I rarely do it, AND I drink a ton of water all the time.

As for this bullshit about how pot makes some so delusional and paranoid, it's not the pot. It's the person. It's only bringing out characteristics that are already prevalent in you. It doesn't somehow transform you into a different person. For those of you (GeddyRulz) that start getting schitzoid on it... i'm betting you're kinda schitzoid to begin with and when under the influence, it comes out more, that's all.

I've never been one to fall for the excuse that the beer, or the pot made you do something you would never have done sober. Maybe sober you may have been able to control the urge better... but it was still there. I drink and I smoke pot on occassions. I've never acted or done anything differently than I normally would. Maybe to a greater degree... but I don't get violent on booze or weed, cuz i'm not a violent guy. I don't get angry when I drink or smoke, cuz i'm not an angry guy. I get sillier when i drink and get high... cuz yeah... i'm a silly guy. Occassionally i get a wee bit paranoid, cuz in reality... i'm a wee bit paranoid. Drink and smoke just enhance what's already in there. It doesn't create some kind of monster. If it does... the monster was already there and you couldn't control it, so you shouldn't have been drinking or smoking. Simple as that.

And you idiots that bring CHILDREN to rock concerts... it's YOUR fault if your kid gets a contact high. Don't be an asshole. Leave your rugrats at home. While someone smoking should have respect if some asshole has their child there, it's STILL not their fault that you put your kid at risk. Let your kid play in traffic and who's to blame if they get hit by a car? C'mon... if you think pot doesn't exist at a RUSH concert, you need your head examined.

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 26 2010, 11:57 AM)

BULLSHIT!!!  While yes, you can get a contact high... you can NOT get high enough from one to test positive.  It can NOT happen.  It will never be accepted as an excuse for testing positive, so don't be an idiot and even try to blame it on being around people smoking.  You can't even test positive from rare smoking.  It needs to be on a consistant basis.  TRUST ME.  I was tested two days after having smoked to the point of being stoned and it didn't come up positive, because I rarely do it, AND I drink a ton of water all the time. 

As for this bullshit about how pot makes some so delusional and paranoid, it's not the pot.  It's the person.  It's only bringing out characteristics that are already prevalent in you.  It doesn't somehow transform you into a different person.  For those of you (GeddyRulz) that start getting schitzoid on it... i'm betting you're kinda schitzoid to begin with and when under the influence, it comes out more, that's all. 

I've never  been one to fall for the excuse that the beer, or the pot made you do something you would never have done sober.  Maybe sober you may have been able to control the urge better... but it was still there.  I drink and I smoke pot on occassions.  I've never acted or done anything differently than I normally would.  Maybe to a greater degree... but I don't get violent on booze or weed, cuz i'm not a violent guy.  I don't get angry when I drink or smoke, cuz i'm not an angry guy.  I get sillier when i drink and get high... cuz yeah... i'm a silly guy.  Occassionally i get a wee bit paranoid, cuz in reality... i'm a wee bit paranoid.  Drink and smoke just enhance what's already in there.  It doesn't create some kind of monster.  If it does... the monster was already there and you couldn't control it, so you shouldn't have been drinking or smoking.  Simple as that. 

And you idiots that bring CHILDREN to rock concerts... it's YOUR fault if your kid gets a contact high.  Don't be an asshole.  Leave your rugrats at home.  While someone smoking should have respect if some asshole has their child there, it's STILL not their fault that you put your kid at risk.  Let your kid play in traffic and who's to blame if they get hit by a car?  C'mon... if you think pot doesn't exist at a RUSH concert, you need your head examined.

I Agree

I Agree

I Agree

Necromancer you said what I was to "lazy" to type !

yes.gif

I think a contact buzy may/may not depends on how much you got ,show if tested at a higher rate than standard test. Most are at the 20ng rate which you can pass easy, at the 50ng rate you wont. The 20 is the cheapest so most test at that. Was asking at the place I last tested the lady was very informitive. Hair samples will fail you if you are a daily smoker no matter what. As far as people smoking at shows, well it happeneds deal with it. I dont smoke any more, I dont mind unless its some shit weed. smile.gif

Edited by Mara

Here's the bottom line boys and girls:

A RUSH show is a purely ADULT endeavor. If they serve liquor consider it and ADULT function and keep your kids as far away from it as humanly possible if you are a responsible parent.

I don't even take my kids to the ballpark anymore due to all the falling down drunks we encounter on the way. I am not even talking about the fuckheads at Wrigley Field!

I didn't even feel comfortable taking my kids to a NASCAR event until they were well into their teens due to well...take your pick. Having to explain why the phrase "I chewed tobaca with yur May" while some shirtless nimrod is hanging all over his sister is considered an inflamatory statement to your 10 year old is a door I prefer not to open. Not just yet.

Go be an adult with adults. If you insist on pushing adult tastes on your children just take them to the bar and proceed to bitch about everyone swearing and punching each other in the face over something you wouldn't let your dog bite.

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

I have not cool10.gif in almost 18 years and i have no problem with people cool10.gif around me . I only had one prob a few years ago when my wife was pregnant . She used to smoke also and has no problem with anyone doing it around her except that one time . I asked the guy very nice once, then asked sorta nice once. I then told him i would shove it up his ass if he did not blow the shit somewhere else . He was very wise and moved after listening to his friend .

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 26 2010, 02:48 PM)

A RUSH show is a purely ADULT endeavor. If they serve liquor consider it and ADULT function and keep your kids as far away from it as humanly possible if you are a responsible parent.

I don't even take my kids to the ballpark anymore due to all the falling down drunks we encounter on the way. I am not even talking about the fuckheads at Wrigley Field!

I didn't even feel comfortable taking my kids to a NASCAR event until they were well into their teens due to well...take your pick. Having to explain why the phrase "I chewed tobaca with yur May" while some shirtless nimrod is hanging all over his sister is considered an inflamatory statement to your 10 year old is a door I prefer not to open. Not just yet.

Go be an adult with adults. If you insist on pushing adult tastes on your children just take them to the bar and proceed to bitch about everyone swearing and punching each other in the face over something you wouldn't let your dog bite.

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

Thank you! I can't believe how many people drag their young kids along with them to Rush shows. I mean really, do you expect your 7 year old to enjoy three hours of loud music and screaming drunk fans? What kind of parents are these?

There's your problem. Why anyone pays money to go into that shit hole is beyond me.

It's a much more sophisticated crowd at the Cell. biggrin.gif

And some people are randomly drug-tested at work. Some stoner's disregard for people around him could seriously f*ck things up for someone else with the secondhand smoke.

This is true. My boss, who is also my friend, used to be in charge of Human Resources and told me that almost everyone who failed a drug test would say that it was from a contact high, and blame it on concerts or they were at a party.

BULLSHIT!!! While yes, you can get a contact high... you can NOT get high enough from one to test positive. It can NOT happen. It will never be accepted as an excuse for testing positive, so don't be an idiot and even try to blame it on being around people smoking. You can't even test positive from rare smoking. It needs to be on a consistant basis. TRUST ME. I was tested two days after having smoked to the point of being stoned and it didn't come up positive, because I rarely do it, AND I drink a ton of water all the time.

As for this bullshit about how pot makes some so delusional and paranoid, it's not the pot. It's the person. It's only bringing out characteristics that are already prevalent in you. It doesn't somehow transform you into a different person. For those of you (GeddyRulz) that start getting schitzoid on it... i'm betting you're kinda schitzoid to begin with and when under the influence, it comes out more, that's all.

I've never been one to fall for the excuse that the beer, or the pot made you do something you would never have done sober. Maybe sober you may have been able to control the urge better... but it was still there. I drink and I smoke pot on occassions. I've never acted or done anything differently than I normally would. Maybe to a greater degree... but I don't get violent on booze or weed, cuz i'm not a violent guy. I don't get angry when I drink or smoke, cuz i'm not an angry guy. I get sillier when i drink and get high... cuz yeah... i'm a silly guy. Occassionally i get a wee bit paranoid, cuz in reality... i'm a wee bit paranoid. Drink and smoke just enhance what's already in there. It doesn't create some kind of monster. If it does... the monster was already there and you couldn't control it, so you shouldn't have been drinking or smoking. Simple as that.

And you idiots that bring CHILDREN to rock concerts... it's YOUR fault if your kid gets a contact high. Don't be an asshole. Leave your rugrats at home. While someone smoking should have respect if some asshole has their child there, it's STILL not their fault that you put your kid at risk. Let your kid play in traffic and who's to blame if they get hit by a car? C'mon... if you think pot doesn't exist at a RUSH concert, you need your head examined.

Oh so I guess I am an asshole because I am taking my son to a Rush concert?

Get a grip.

Edited by Todem

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

Get a f***ing grip.

Leave your kids in bubble why don't ya.

Holy shit people.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 26 2010, 04:09 PM)

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

Thank you! I can't believe how many people drag their young kids along with them to Rush shows. I mean really, do you expect your 7 year old to enjoy three hours of loud music and screaming drunk fans? What kind of parents are these?

I had one boy about that age sitting next to me in '08. (I didn't know him). He was thoroughly enraptured by the band and the show. He stood on his seat the whole time (except when everyone else was sitting), knew all the lyrics, air-drummed and air-guitared like a little maniac. It was a sight to behold.

He'll probably be a Rush fan for life because his parents took him. Obviously it depends on the kid, but I love seeing children like that little boy at shows. Of course Rush shows tend to have a generally well-behaved fanbase.

If you take your kids to ANY public event, you're going to encounter a few tools. Would you not take a child to the municipal July 4th celebration just because the concessions sold include beer, and there are some drunk people stumbling around?

My son is huge Rush junkie he is almost 6 years old and plays the drums. Really he plays the drums. Why? Rush. I won't deny him what might be one of maybe 2 times he will ever see this band if they decide to hang it up after the Clockwork Angels Tour.

Because some people think it's wrong?

f**k all of them. My kid, my life, my choice.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 26 2010, 04:43 PM)

And you idiots that bring CHILDREN to rock concerts... it's YOUR fault if your kid gets a contact high. Don't be an asshole. Leave your rugrats at home. While someone smoking should have respect if some asshole has their child there, it's STILL not their fault that you put your kid at risk. Let your kid play in traffic and who's to blame if they get hit by a car? C'mon... if you think pot doesn't exist at a RUSH concert, you need your head examined. [/quote]

Oh so I guess I am an asshole because I am taking my son to a Rush concert?

Get a grip.

Pretty much. yes.gif

People go to an ADULT concert to have a good time. People who bring their rugrats are selfish and have no right bitching about adult things happening around their kid.

I'm 6'5" tall and have unfortunately been at shows where someone brought their little kids. You feel as though you have to look out for them during the crush and movement of the crowd, instead of just enjoying yourself. All because some idiot couldn't get a babysitter or thought it would be "oh so cute" to bring a kid to a concert they couldn't give a rat's ass about anyway.

If someone MY size falls on your kid, or obscures their view... you better be prepared to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, cuz it was YOU who put your kid in jeopordy in the first place. And if people are having a good time at a concert and happen to light up... it was YOU who put your little kid in that situation, so again... keep your mouth shut about it.

Saying that pot is illegal isn't an excuse either. Yeah, it is. Gotcha. But YOU know it's gonna happen at a concert and YOU know that your kid shouldn't be there. It's not the concert goers that are wrong. It's YOU. I never brought my kids to an adult rock show until they were in their later teens. And even then, if anything was going on that was inappropriate for them, I at least understood that it was MY responsibility to either move them, or get them out of there. It was NOT my job to bitch at the other concert goers, who were there to have a good time.

I personally think bringing a kid to a concert is abusive. Too much could happen at a ROCK show to a little kid. Why don't you just take your kid downtown to a bar and then over to a whore house while you're at it. IDIOT.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 26 2010, 04:56 PM)
My son is huge Rush junkie he is almost 6 years old and plays the drums. Really he plays the drums. Why? Rush. I won't deny him what might be one of maybe 2 times he will ever see this band if they decide to hang it up after the Clockwork Angels Tour.

Because some people think it's wrong?

f**k all of them. My kid, my life, my choice.

When your kid comes home buzzed at six years old, or worse... hurt because someone fell on him, remember that it was YOUR choice.

If I were the other parent of your kid, i'd have you put in jail for child abuse. Kids do NOT belong at concerts. Unless it's age appropriate, and even then, it can be a dangerous situation.

Take your kid. I hope you don't have a problem. But if you do... don't dare bitch to someone that it was THEIR fault. Cuz pal... the blame will solely lie on YOUR shoulders.

wacko.gif

This is my ritual before shows which doesnt force my bad behaviors on to others. When I see rush at an indoor venue I will go into the upper bowl of the stadium as far back as i can where no one is sitting. I will smoke there before the show and then again at intermission. No one sees me or smells me. At outdoor shows I will go out onto the lawn and walk back and forth across the lawn while smoking or else use a portapotty. Again no one is forced to smell or see anything. While im at my seat i dont smoke. usually i get fairly decent seats up close and security is very visible.

This is pretty funny because when standing by the fence in the lawn a couple guys came up and asked me if I happened to have a bowl on me and they would smoke me out if I could help them. I politely replied that I would love to help them out but I didn't happen to have one with me. I apparently looked like the obvious pot head in the lawn because the guy then replied with no seriously man I'll smoke you out if you just let us use your bowl. I however did not have a bowl with me and we parted ways. I agree Rush and pot happen to go hand in hand. We used to make a tradition of on Saturday nights turning on this waterfall that had lights in it, putting 2112 on vinyl, turning off the lights and lighting up. Ah reminiscing on the good old days, ok it was last summer but we haven't done it yet this year.

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Jul 26 2010, 08:36 PM)
This is pretty funny because when standing by the fence in the lawn a couple guys came up and asked me if I happened to have a bowl on me and they would smoke me out if I could help them. I politely replied that I would love to help them out but I didn't happen to have one with me. I apparently looked like the obvious pot head in the lawn because the guy then replied with no seriously man I'll smoke you out if you just let us use your bowl. I however did not have a bowl with me and we parted ways. I agree Rush and pot happen to go hand in hand. We used to make a tradition of on Saturday nights turning on this waterfall that had lights in it, putting 2112 on vinyl, turning off the lights and lighting up. Ah reminiscing on the good old days, ok it was last summer but we haven't done it yet this year.

2112 cool10.gif