Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Oct 1 2010, 11:44 PM)
I would love to share a pic of my auto but im not very bright and can not figure out how to attach my pic.

Greetings! - The easiest way to do it is to upload it to a Photobucket account (free photo/video hosting site)...

If you're intersted, I'd be happy to give you step-by-step instructions...

Or - actually - even easier... You could Email the picture to me, I'll throw it up onto my Photobucket account, and give you the URL (all you'd have to do is type the URL into your post)

For anyone who intends to send items to be signed, Here's how mine was sent -

Priority mail USPS to the venue. Address it to Liam Birt/Rush Tour Management c/o the venue.

I enclosed a return USPS priority envelope with postage attached. I also enclosed the following :

The pic that they signed, a letter to the guys describing my "fandom" and asked if they would be so kind as to sign the picture. I also enclosed several pics that I had printed FOR them and explained them.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Oct 3 2010, 12:51 PM)
For anyone who intends to send items to be signed, Here's how mine was sent -

Priority mail USPS to the venue. Address it to Liam Birt/Rush Tour Management c/o the venue.

I enclosed a return USPS priority envelope with postage attached. I also enclosed the following :

The pic that they signed, a letter to the guys describing my "fandom" and asked if they would be so kind as to sign the picture. I also enclosed several pics that I had printed FOR them and explained them.

Good point... How it was sent.

FWIW - I've sent a few times - had success on all.

I sent to:

RUSH

c/o (insert Venue Name Here)

Address

With a note on the envelope: "ATTN VENUE: Please hold for Artist - Performance date XX-XX-XXXX"

Everything I've sent has been able to be placed in a SASE (although sometimes it's a BIG sase) and then the Self-Addressed Envelope goes into a slightly bigger envelope addressed to the venue...

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Oct 3 2010, 09:22 PM)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/hue...ramedSigned.jpg[/img]

Here is what I got back with one of my tickets and one of the 70 or so pics I took.

I like that pic you took, for some reason it reminds me of the GUP/PW tour...was that taken during Marathon solo? Maybe it's the lighting...anyway, cool pic.

yes.gif

Cant remember what son it was. I took 70 pics with a digital and about 30 with my cell phone and 15 with a disposal camera. Out of all those only about 10 came out good enough to frame etc.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Oct 4 2010, 12:19 AM)
That's a great piece you got back. Nice job.
Funny, I took 90 or so pics and 5 videos at the show. Then I picked up Roadshow and feel kinda bad for taking such a volume of pics knowing that it annoys Neil....

that's why I only shoot on manual without a flash, so that it can't be seen - therefore it can't annoy him smile.gif

Yeah, I actually had shut it off after about 10 pics because the security goon was giving me the eye. He had to apeak to a couple of people around me because they were very obviously shooting pics and taking vid. Funny that they concentrated on that when the GA ticketholders were all standing in front of those of us who had purchased seats and were now unable to see. Allentown = worst venue ever.

Got this in the mail today. They didn't use the silver sharpie I sent, but I could care less. This is freakin' cool of them! I sent it to Atlanta for the 9/29 show. Got it back today (10/4) A great way to top off a weekend of seeing them (Tampa & West Palm) !!

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad352/cygnify/Autographs/RUSH.jpg

Lovely. I sent a package via USPS Priority Mail to the Atlanta show. Did this from the post office last week, using the desk clerk who weighed, measured, and applied the postage to the package. Delivery Confirmation showed that it was delivered to the correct address. Today it was returned back to me marked "insufficient postage", unopened, with my return SASE unused inside. Huh?

It was the book Roadshow - hoping for Neil's autograph. Oh well, looks like I'll have to try again on the next tour. At least I got my book back!

My other package, delivered the exact same way to Atlanta, made it to the signing event and back to me with no problems (an Alex-autographed photograph showing Alex and me in the background in the audience 3rd row from the Wichita show). So, all was not lost, and I'm extremely grateful for the band providing this service to its fans.

Got mine back yesterday from Atlanta as well. Sa-weeeeet!!! The photo itself was one I found from Allentown in August. Makes it even nicer that I was at the show. Also sent the guys a few photos to keep for themselves, which they did.

http://photos.sportscollectors.net/94013.jpg

QUOTE (cygnify @ Oct 4 2010, 01:20 PM)
Got this in the mail today. They didn't use the silver sharpie I sent, but I could care less. This is freakin' cool of them! I sent it to Atlanta for the 9/29 show. Got it back today (10/4) A great way to top off a weekend of seeing them (Tampa & West Palm) !!

Weird! I sent a silver Sharpie as well thinking that silver would show up better than black.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 5 2010, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (cygnify @ Oct 4 2010, 01:20 PM)
Got this in the mail today.  They didn't use the silver sharpie I sent, but I could care less.  This is freakin' cool of them!  I sent it to Atlanta for the 9/29 show.  Got it back today (10/4)  A great way to top off a weekend of seeing them (Tampa & West Palm) !!

Weird! I sent a silver Sharpie as well thinking that silver would show up better than black.

I sent in a Silver Sharpie also but they signed in black. They must have a pretty good supply of Silver Sharpies!

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Oct 6 2010, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (johndyar @ Oct 5 2010, 10:14 AM)
I had this signed at the Atlanta show for my Daughter.

http://www.jd-photography.net/sam_rush_web.jpg

I took a look at all her other photos. It was nice for the band to do that for her.

May I ask what her condition is?

She is doing good. She has been off treatment and cancer free for 2 years and 9 months. Thanks for asking!

QUOTE (johndyar @ Oct 6 2010, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Oct 6 2010, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (johndyar @ Oct 5 2010, 10:14 AM)
I had this signed at the Atlanta show for my Daughter.

http://www.jd-photography.net/sam_rush_web.jpg

I took a look at all her other photos. It was nice for the band to do that for her.

May I ask what her condition is?

She is doing good. She has been off treatment and cancer free for 2 years and 9 months. Thanks for asking!

Awesome!