Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to show off my Geddy Lee and Alex Autograph it's not from the current tour but I purchased it on ebay years ago. It came with a COA and it's awesome. I understand especially from BtLS that Neil is not the type to sign for everyone but it's cool that I have this.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/5320_1023631047644_1731290064_46015_569529_n.jpg

Edited by GeddyLeeLifeson

QUOTE (rusher @ Nov 10 2010, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 10 2010, 03:09 PM)
My signed Archives album

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt227/DeathGlamIndustries/Rush/DSCF0787.jpg

When did they sign that for you?

The sigs look more detailed than now. Of course that happens with most celebs who sign a lot.

This was signed in '79. They had a bit more time then lol

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 10 2011, 02:22 AM)
I would love to get something I have signed by them, and this thread makes it look easy. Sending a few things to a few different venues appears like it guarantees success.

It does! I sent a SASE to the West Palm show 5 days in advance and I got it back signed by Neil within the week. As a bonus Neil personalized the autograph. Very cool.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeLifeson @ Feb 10 2011, 03:24 AM)
I just wanted to show off my Geddy Lee and Alex Autograph it's not from the current tour but I purchased it on ebay years ago. It came with a COA and it's awesome. I understand especially from BtLS that Neil is not the type to sign for everyone but it's cool that I have this.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/5320_1023631047644_1731290064_46015_569529_n.jpg

Sorry to tell you, but those are certainly fakes. Not only do they not even resemble their actual autographs, but I am 99% sure those were signed by the same person. Notice the identical upward strokes. Sorry.

yes unfortunatley they are fake. why dont you send a photo or album cover out during the tour and get another signed item? I have been burned in the past but now consider myself a so-called expert on their signatures. If you are unsure contact somene on the board. They would be more than willing to help.

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Feb 11 2011, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 10 2011, 02:22 AM)
I would love to get something I have signed by them, and this thread makes it look easy. Sending a few things to a few different venues appears like it guarantees success.

It does! I sent a SASE to the West Palm show 5 days in advance and I got it back signed by Neil within the week. As a bonus Neil personalized the autograph. Very cool.

Of the upcoming venues, which would be best to send to.

FYI, it would be a simple cd insert and sent from Canada. I was thinkning Hamilton because it is close to me, but I don't know if they accept these things.

Any help is good. Thanks.

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Feb 10 2011, 01:46 PM)
My signed Archives album

The sigs look more detailed than now. Of course that happens with most celebs who sign a lot.

This is just stunning! I love it.

I haven't seen too many older signatures that look this good.

As for Hamilton, I have spoken with the Entertainment Manager at Copps Coliseum and his response towards whether or not they will forward items to the management of the band is "absolutely". While I don't believe they go out of their way, his words exactly were "I can guarantee that anything you send to us will get delivered to the Tour Manager. Unfortunately I can't guarantee anything after that".

Good Luck

QUOTE (ytserush @ Feb 12 2011, 03:54 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Feb 10 2011, 01:46 PM)
My signed Archives album

This is just stunning! I love it.

I haven't seen too many older signatures that look this good.

Cheers ... its very special to me

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 12 2011, 05:59 PM)
I'll be sending my tourbook from when I saw them in Toronto to the Bell Centre. How should I ship it? By fedex? Canada post? Should I pre-pay return shipping?

My best suggestion would be any way that gets it there that doesn't require a signature! Regular post office is probably your best bet.

I would also make sure you have a self addressed envelope with the proper postage on it. I don't think Geddy's going to be licking stamps! z7shysterical.gif

I'm considering this for the Hershey show...would LOVE to get one of my copies of ATWAS signed since it was what first introduced me to the band!

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Jan 1 2011, 07:31 AM)
Guys and gals, I posted it somewhere around here but I addressed it to Rush c/o Liam and the Venue and address. Received the signed pic about 2 weeks after the show.

I would NOT advise sending anything to MSG to be signed. I have tried to get stuff signed by various people/acts and MSG has just about the worst policies regarding getting items to them. Usually it just gets sent back with no explanation, but I actually did get a letter once from MSG management stating that they did not have time to distribute items.

Howdy all,

Since MSG is out, and this is where I will be seeing RUSH in April, which venue looks like it would be the best to send an item to?

Thanks.

Peace,

Conan1982

I do not have any first hand experience in sending to any of the venues this leg. On another non-Rush forum I asked which of the venues was best. The three someone came back with were MSG, The Palace in Auburn Hills and Quicken Loans in Cleveland. Personally, I wouldn't be too comfortable sending to Cleveland due to the fact they are filming for the DVD. I'm assuming it could be pretty hectic that night and stuff might not make it to the band. So I will probably send a poster to The Palace unless I hear otherwise on the venues not mentioned.

QUOTE (32Ford @ Feb 25 2011, 10:02 AM)
I actually got calls back from 3 additional venues on this leg of the US tour and they will forward items to the band. Just no guarantee what happens after its forwarded to them.

which venues?

Many thanks!

I actually got calls back from 3 additional venues on this leg of the US tour and they will forward items to the band. Just no guarantee what happens after its forwarded to them.

Yes, which ones are best? And where is the Palace?

QUOTE (conan1982 @ Mar 6 2011, 02:13 PM)
I actually got calls back from 3 additional venues on this leg of the US tour and they will forward items to the band.  Just no guarantee what happens after its forwarded to them.

Yes, which ones are best? And where is the Palace?

The Palace of Auburn Hills is in Michigan, I learned that in a Youtube 1994 Cold Fire video where Geddy asks the crowd if there's any canadians out there tonight and then says that they let anybody in these days XDDD rofl3.gif

QUOTE (nerkinouj @ Mar 6 2011, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 6 2011, 11:04 PM)
Great post, but what is a sase?

self-addressed stamped envelope..? am i right?

Just checking, I first thought that it might have been a typo for case.