Detroit Lions

tkdryan

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 20 2011, 07:18 PM)
Whatever.

It was just WC's opinion. Attack the opinion not the person. That's how it works.

So what you're saying is you really have no problem with him trolling my thread?

Interesting.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 20 2011, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 20 2011, 07:18 PM)
Whatever.

It was just WC's opinion.  Attack the opinion not the person.  That's how it works.

So what you're saying is you really have no problem with him trolling my thread?

Interesting.

Trolling eyesre4.gif

It was an opinion on a single incident.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 20 2011, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 19 2011, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 19 2011, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Oct 17 2011, 10:47 PM)
Schwartz is an idiot.

Takes one to know one. yes.gif

Come on RC..personal attacks are not neccesary.

Neither are unfounded attacks on a Detroit Lions head coach in a Detroit Lions thread.

But nobody else seemed to have a problem with that.......

Did I personally attack you? No

Am I trolling in this thread?. No

schla03.gif

Harbaugh did nothing.....Schwartz is an idiot.

I disagree. I'll give him a pass on his display of emotion as he approached Schwartz, even though I think you save that for the sidelines and locker room. But his handshake looked less like a gesture of sportsmanship than grabbing Schwartz's hand, and it actually looked like he was grabbing his hand so he could push him out of the way, which is what the "back slap" really looked like, to me at least.

Great start for the Lions though. I think that's good for the NFL.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Oct 22 2011, 12:25 PM)

I disagree. I'll give him a pass on his display of emotion as he approached Schwartz, even though I think you save that for the sidelines and locker room. But his handshake looked less like a gesture of sportsmanship than grabbing Schwartz's hand, and it actually looked like he was grabbing his hand so he could push him out of the way, which is what the "back slap" really looked like, to me at least.

I didn't see it that way BUT this was something that Schwartz made a big deal out of, that he shouldn't have. He was obviously frustrated, but he also made himself look pretty stupid and immature. He is a professional coach, and should've acted a little more like one.

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Oct 22 2011, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Oct 22 2011, 12:25 PM)

I didn't see it that way BUT this was something that Schwartz made a big deal out of, that he shouldn't have. He was obviously frustrated, but he also made himself look pretty stupid and immature. He is a professional coach, and should've acted a little more like one.

Totally agree that Schwartz should have just said "Go f*ck yourself," or something to that effect and walked off the field. I'm just saying that I think that Harbaugh actually started it.

At 5-2,it's still a winning record.

Best start for the loins in yrs....

if not decades!! confused13.gif yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 23 2011, 03:58 PM)
The Lions going back to looking like...well the Lions...

wacko.gif

Well......the old Lions would NOT have been competitive in the 4th quarter, and surely would have lost those games by 2 TDs or more.

Win #6 comes Sunday in Denver. yes.gif

And Suh just needs to shut up and play hard. angry.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 24 2011, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 23 2011, 03:58 PM)
The Lions going back to looking like...well the Lions...

wacko.gif

Well......the old Lions would NOT have been competitive in the 4th quarter, and surely would have lost those games by 2 TDs or more.

Win #6 comes Sunday in Denver. yes.gif

And Suh just needs to shut up and play hard. angry.gif

It looks like the Lions need a running back...

Is Best out for the season?

Pity about Mikel Leshoure...

I think if the Lions were told at the start of the season they would be 5-2... they would have taken it. They are a good team, but throwing up jump balls to CJ will only take you so far before people start figuring out a scheme to slow it down.

Greatest post on NFL.com right now...

Okay im tired of the complaining come from the Lions fan. First, I am Lions fan and the officials didnt cost us the game, we did. The Packers had some penalties as well, and came out with a better game plan in second half. I use to back up Suh for just being a physical player, but he his a DIRTY player. Those actions yesterday were UNCALLED FOR, PERIOD! So stop making all these excuses Lions fan that this happened, or this COULDA happened. It didnt. Lets take the loss and move on. Good game Packs, and good luck the rest of the season.

Ssshhhh, do you hear that ? That is the Lion's and their fans coming back down to earth.

wtf.gif Detroit????? no.gif wacko.gif

....I guess it's back to normal with the loins. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Suh gets a 2 game suspension, appeals, and apparently was encouraged to appeal by Goodell? Isn't he the one that handed out the suspension??

Charles Martin (Packers) got 2 games for a premeditated assault on Jim McMahon... costing McMahon the rest of the season. Yeah, Suh is a dirty player. Yeah, what he did was intentional. Yeah, Goodell wants to send a message to curb this pattern of behavior. But, A <> B. I am no fan of Suh's, but a 2 game suspension is a little much IMO.

I guess in today's day, Martin would have gotten a 6+ game suspension... maybe it's just comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I would've shed a tear of joy if I were the tear-shedding sort.

I think the player I'm happiest for is Raiola. He's anything but a perfect player, but he's played his guts out for this team through so many horrible years.