Detroit Lions

tkdryan

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 23 2012, 01:13 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/GL4Pg.jpg

ohmy.gif laugh.gif ohmy.gif

In an attempt to be more environmentally friendly, Detroit has moved away from the all plastic face shield, which will sit in the landfill for all eternity, to a more natural one made of grass!!!

WTF happened last night? Fumbles in the red zone (on the GOAL LINE too!!) - terrible passes and luckily only 1 INT, botched punt reception....

If the Lions played cleaner, they could have won.

What the hell was with Urlacher last night? Pushing people down well after the whistle, jumping on people well after they were down...

Dirty - or not?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YFjTpvBtNk0/UIce_lpVcHI/AAAAAAAAE5Y/Gw4_WpBgCB4/s1600/blog_cutler_take_down.gif

Cutler says no, but I think he is saying that because the media hates him. I think it was pretty dirty, especially if you look at the little foot sweep Suh does.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 25 2012, 11:07 AM)
Dirty - or not?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YFjTpvBtNk0/UIce_lpVcHI/AAAAAAAAE5Y/Gw4_WpBgCB4/s1600/blog_cutler_take_down.gif

Cutler says no, but I think he is saying that because the media hates him. I think it was pretty dirty, especially if you look at the little foot sweep Suh does.

Cutler should learn some new evasive moves...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 25 2012, 11:07 AM)
Dirty - or not?

lol...No. It was a tackle.

What seems strange to me about Suh's sack of Cutler is how he was in the process of wrapping him up.....one might think he would reach for Cutler's waist....as in wrapping both arms around his waist to tackle him.

Suh was gaining on him, his body was moving to the side of Cutler.....his left hand grabbing Cutler's left arm.....but he didn't reach for the ball or Cutler's waist. He reached his right arm up and above Cutler's near shoulder.....apparently so he could gain leverage and drive Cutler straight into the ground....almost like a pro wrestling move. He did whip his right leg underneath Cutler's legs as part of the move.

Was it a legitimate, legal tackle? Yes, but it just seems to me that he wasn't trying to tackle Cutler in the traditional sense. He was trying to drive him straight down....HARD.....and make him part of the turf. Of course, I've seen other players try to make the QB part of the turf, so I'm not trying to single out SUH...... no.gif no.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 25 2012, 05:06 PM)
What seems strange to me about Suh's sack of Cutler is how he was in the process of wrapping him up.....one might think he would reach for Cutler's waist....as in wrapping both arms around his waist to tackle him.

Suh was gaining on him, his body was moving to the side of Cutler.....his left hand grabbing Cutler's left arm.....but he didn't reach for the ball or Cutler's waist. He reached his right arm up and above Cutler's near shoulder.....apparently so he could gain leverage and drive Cutler straight into the ground....almost like a pro wrestling move. He did whip his right leg underneath Cutler's legs as part of the move.

Was it a legitimate, legal tackle? Yes, but it just seems to me that he wasn't trying to tackle Cutler in the traditional sense. He was trying to drive him straight down....HARD.....and make him part of the turf. Of course, I've seen other players try to make the QB part of the turf, so I'm not trying to single out SUH...... no.gif no.gif

Exactly, - it part of the game, and that was a fine, legal tackle... but it was still dirty. It can still be legal and dirty... happens all the time.

I'm done with this year...All the haters...You win...

You might as well be done for the year, the team certainly is. To lose to a team that has lost nine straight, the last by 58, is pretty much disgraceful.

You might as well be done for the year, the team certainly is. To lose to a team that has lost nine straight, the last by 58, is pretty much disgraceful.

Trust me, man. I know. I look like such an idiot the way I defended them for this season.

• Like 1

Trust me, man. I know. I look like such an idiot the way I defended them for this season.

Do you still support Schwartz?

After this year. No. He became soft. I feel he's the reason why we got in the playoffs last year because the man had heart and passion for the game. The young players needed a leader that drove them to win. It's just not happening this year. And, though, some of it is players...I feel a lot of it is Schwartz and Linehan.

Just so you know - I liked this not because I agree with your idiot statement, but I have been in the same boat and know how you are feeling. Not so much with the Packers, but with other teams I back.

Wow all of a sudden the Lions, along with the Eagles, have the worst record in the NFC! :o I wouldn't have predicted that at the beginning of the season...

I thought that the Lions would take a step back from last year, but not several running leaps.

The Eagles are a different story. I thought that the seeds for failure were being planted every year. High-profile free agents, fragile playmakers getting hurt too often, and a mediocre defense.....

What other teams you into, Xanadu?

And yeah, trust me, Duck...none of us fans knew that either. lol

Used to be a huge Brewers and Cubs fan (when the Brewers were in the American league). Also the WI Badgers (location) and Clemson Tigers (my alma-mater)

What other teams you into, Xanadu?

And yeah, trust me, Duck...none of us fans knew that either. lol

Used to be a huge Brewers and Cubs fan (when the Brewers were in the American league). Also the WI Badgers (location) and Clemson Tigers (my alma-mater)

Oh, gotchya! I never really got into anything else aside from NFL. Just grown up on it all my life.