Detroit Lions

tkdryan

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Dec 24 2011, 07:45 PM)
I think the player I'm happiest for is Raiola.  He's anything but a perfect player, but he's played his guts out for this team through so many horrible years.

Raiola showed his "class" by starting a fight before they even took the field. Started shit with a Charger just outside the tunnel..... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Heard an interesting point about Suh.

Apparently Suh has a commercial in Detroit for a Chrysler dealership

While employed by the Ford family (owner of the Lions)

He was recently hurt when he drove his Chevrolet Corvette into a tree

Tonight he plays at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome

Well, the Lions played a great 1st half offensively and defensively,

but they just couldn't get it done in the 2nd half...too much pressure

on the young Detroit QB.

NO wore down the Lions defensive line and linebacker's, with their running game, then burned the Lions cornerbacks and safetys,

with a really good passing attack...It was a perfect game plan.

Congrats to all NO fans.

It was a well played game,and fun to watch.

Go get'um next year, Lions!!! yes.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jan 7 2012, 11:31 PM)
Well, the Lions played a great 1st half offensively and defensively,
but they just couldn't get it done in the 2nd half...too much pressure
on the young Detroit QB.

NO wore down the Lions defensive line and linebacker's, with their running game, then burned the Lions cornerbacks and safetys,
with a really good passing attack...It was a perfect game plan.

Congrats to all NO fans.
It was a well played game,and fun to watch.

Go get'um next year, Lions!!! yes.gif

The Lions played well, especially in the first half. Calvin is excellent, impossible to stop really and Stafford looks like a great QB...

Good luck next year...

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

Just saw that it's between Calvin Johnson and Cam Newton for the Madden 13 cover.

Lions fans, get those votes for Cam in now...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 18 2012, 07:07 PM)
Just saw that it's between Calvin Johnson and Cam Newton for the Madden 13 cover.

Cam doesn't care about the curse, he used to play Madden as a kid, he just wants to get on the packaging, and get into the "conversation" at elite QB...

schla03.gif

Curses have no effect on Calvin Johnson! I mean, the guy was a wide receiver drafted by Matt Millen. If that doesn't spell doom, what does? He bucked that trend, so surely he can put an end to this Madden bad luck business.

Note that I'm knocking on wood as I type this.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Apr 19 2012, 06:09 AM)

Curses have no effect on Calvin Johnson! I mean, the guy was a wide receiver drafted by Matt Millen. If that doesn't spell doom, what does? He bucked that trend, so surely he can put an end to this Madden bad luck business.

Note that I'm knocking on wood as I type this.

Hopefully, it's a giant redwood tree..... wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 25 2012, 06:20 PM)
It's official! Calvin Johnson is on the cover of Madden 13.

bolt.gif

Uh oh. They say there's no avoiding the Madden curse.

Of course, they also said no team would ever be horrible enough to finish 0-16, and we sure did prove 'em wrong about that one!

Here's some bad, though not unexpected news about the Lions first pick in 2011.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7977231/...ng-elude-police

TILLMAN'S CORNER, Ala. -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley has been arrested in Alabama on charges of driving under the influence and attempting to elude police, his second arrest in his home state in two months.

Alabama state troopers say the 24-year-old passed a state trooper early Sunday morning at 100 mph in his Cadillac Escalade in unincorporated Mobile County. After initially refusing to stop for the trooper's emergency lights and siren, Fairley pulled over and seemed impaired. He was arrested without incident.

Fairly was also cited for reckless driving, no proof of insurance and open container. Fox10TV.com reported Fairley posted $1,750 bond and was released shortly after 9 a.m. on Sunday.

Lions spokesman Bill Keenist says the team is aware of the reports and is gathering information. Fairley's agent did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press seeking comment Sunday.

Fairley also was arrested April 3 in Mobile on a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge after citizens called to complain that Fairley's Escalade was speeding through a lower-middle class neighborhood in Mobile.

Fairley was a standout at Auburn and the Lions' first-round draft pick in 2011. As a junior, he was the Lombardi award winner as the nation's top lineman and helped lead the Tigers to the 2010 national title.

However, Fairley struggled through his rookie year, playing in just 10 games because of a foot injury. He finished the season with 11 tackles and one sack.

Lions running back Mikel Leshoure also pleaded guilty earlier in May to a marijuana possession charge, two months after police discovered him with pot in his mouth during a traffic stop in southwestern Michigan. Leshoure was also a member of the Lions' 2011 draft class, taken with the 25th pick of the second round.

Thats a good question...not sure. Lions had a great year.

I'd say it's 50-50 chance one way or the other. Hope so.

Detroit deserves a super-bowl champion. yes.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

I saw the schedule for this season. It is SO much easier than last season. Which hopefully is a good thing. Some of our defensive line players need to get their head out of the gutter right now.

And IMO, since this is Backus' last year. We need a Super Bowl win that man. And Hanson. Hanson probably doesn't have far too much longer. sad.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 11:17 AM)
I saw the schedule for this season. It is SO much easier than last season. Which hopefully is a good thing. Some of our defensive line players need to get their head out of the gutter right now.

And IMO, since this is Backus' last year. We need a Super Bowl win that man. And Hanson. Hanson probably doesn't have far too much longer. sad.gif

goodpost.gif

GO LIONS!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 13 2012, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 11:17 AM)

And IMO, since this is Backus' last year. We need a Super Bowl win that man. And Hanson. Hanson probably doesn't have far too much longer.  sad.gif

goodpost.gif

GO LIONS!

Go for the Super Bowl! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 02:50 PM)
Do you know if we got rid of/did something to Fairley for his idiocy over the off-season? Especially recently?

I have several Lions sites linked and I haven't seen anything. confused13.gif

By the way, I LOVE your avatar. From the Time Machine Cleveland DVD, correct?

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 13 2012, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 02:50 PM)
Do you know if we got rid of/did something to Fairley for his idiocy over the off-season? Especially recently?

I have several Lions sites linked and I haven't seen anything. confused13.gif

By the way, I LOVE your avatar. From the Time Machine Cleveland DVD, correct?

Indeed! I showed that clip to EVERYONE I know (even if they're sick of me talking about Rush) because it's possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. And finally one of my friends made a gif of that clip and now that is what I use. laugh.gif

Regarding Fairley, that's odd. I used to creep the Lions forum for awhile but I got bored after the off-season started. Noone has anything interesting to talk about except the Madden "curse". lol. Glad to see there are other Lions fans on these forums! Been a fan ever since I watched them with my dad when I was a pre-schooler.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 10:17 AM)
I saw the schedule for this season. It is SO much easier than last season.

What worries me is that they have to play six of their first nine games on the road, including four of five at the tail end of the stretch. They were a pretty good road club last year, and some of the opponents they'll be facing are cream puffs, but still, so many road games bunched together is worrisome.

Good to see another Lions fan here, btw. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 13 2012, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 10:17 AM)
I saw the schedule for this season. It is SO much easier than last season.

What worries me is that they have to play six of their first nine games on the road, including four of five at the tail end of the stretch. They were a pretty good road club last year, and some of the opponents they'll be facing are cream puffs, but still, so many road games bunched together is worrisome.

Good to see another Lions fan here, btw. trink39.gif

Likewise (even though I haven't been on here very long, lol)! The thing that's awesome is that we DO NOT CARE whether it's a home/road game. We almost always try our hardest. Take the Raiders game from last year, for example. It was IN the black hole. We were down by many points. Then, we just came back and won that game like a bunch of pros. My dad said that was probably one of the best game he has EVER seen in his whole Lions watching career. And there's also the Cowboys game. We were behind in those games because we were terrible the first half. But I have confidence Schwartz will put them in line this season.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 06:49 PM)
The thing that's awesome is that we DO NOT CARE whether it's a home/road game. We almost always try our hardest. Take the Raiders game from last year, for example. It was IN the black hole. We were down by many points. Then, we just came back and won that game like a bunch of pros. My dad said that was probably one of the best game he has EVER seen in his whole Lions watching career. And there's also the Cowboys game. We were behind in those games because we were terrible the first half.

Yep, same story in the game they played at Minnesota: down by 20 at the half, and they stormed back and won. They definitely had a knack for the comeback last season, which says a lot about their talent and their heart.

Though this year, I'm hoping for more games like the one they played against San Diego last season--dominant from start to finish. The sky's the limit for this club as long as Stafford and Johnson stay healthy.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 13 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 06:49 PM)
The thing that's awesome is that we DO NOT CARE whether it's a home/road game. We almost always try our hardest. Take the Raiders game from last year, for example. It was IN the black hole. We were down by many points. Then, we just came back and won that game like a bunch of pros. My dad said that was probably one of the best game he has EVER seen in his whole Lions watching career. And there's also the Cowboys game. We were behind in those games because we were terrible the first half.

Yep, same story in the game they played at Minnesota: down by 20 at the half, and they stormed back and won. They definitely had a knack for the comeback last season, which says a lot about their talent and their heart.

Though this year, I'm hoping for more games like the one they played against San Diego last season--dominant from start to finish. The sky's the limit for this club as long as Stafford and Johnson stay healthy.

I have faith that Schwartzy is going to kick them into gear. Also, a lot of our rookies won't be rookies anymore. Especially hoping a lot of them get their F#@&ING act together outside of football. We have no time for that foolishness. We need these guys more than ever.

I'm especially excited to see what Titus brings to the table even more this season!!

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 09:16 PM)
I'm especially excited to see what Titus brings to the table even more this season!!

Yeah, I have very high hopes for him. I think they're counting on him to evolve into a true #2 threat opposite Calvin and hoping that Ryan Broyles will be able to start in the slot next season. I like Nate Burleson, but I think they're going to have to jettison his contract at some point in order to hold on to their good younger players and stay under the salary cap.