Incorrectly air drumming

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 9 2010, 06:23 AM)
I'm more of an air guitar tech. You should see me air clean down the guitar.
My air changing a G-string(ooer missus) is a sight to behold, but don't sit next to me, last time it snapped, nearly took a guys eye out.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jul 8 2010, 09:28 PM)
"really? Is there actually someone out there who is such an extreme snob that they get pissed off by someone not playing an AIR instrument the "right" way? I guess it's likely there is, but I never want to meet that person."

"Our fans are really something else"

Geddy Lee

Those people probably exist, most likely very serious drummers that can tell when you're doing it wrong.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 8 2010, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 8 2010, 09:34 PM)
If anyone is watching you instead of the boys they deserve to have a bag over their head.

Well, I am ridiculously good looking.

To a blind person with no hands. tongue.gif

I think it's funny . I watch them during Tom Sawyer and they kill me laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 8 2010, 04:12 PM)
Well I know I'll be air bassing the whole show accurately laugh.gif

"air bassing" might be a great new slang term for farting laugh.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 8 2010, 09:24 PM)
I actually find it a little embarrassing to watch guys air drum that you can tell are very good at it because they either know the songs very well, or are drummers themselves.

Its like going to a karaoke bar and watching someone that is actually a good singer, its very awkward. Its fun to go an watch crappy singers.

Same at rush shows for me. I dont mind when people flail their arms around just having a good time, but when I see that one guy that I can tell is doing it right its just kind of sad to see, since he doesnt have a real drumset there, and will never be neil peart. The guy that doesnt know what he's doing doesnt give a shit, he just wants to watch rush and have a great time. I dont mind that at all.

I don't get you line of thinking at all.

Mike friggin Portnoy was seen air drumming to perfection at opening night....but he did not have his drum kit at the show and he will never be Neil Peart (despite how awesome he is).

So your saying musicians air drumming annoys you?

Don't look at them then.

It's fun and although I don't really air drum there are moments where most of us are nailing those fills in TSOR, Freeewill, etc etc.

I jam Alex's riffs sometimes because I do know exactly what he is doing and I love jamming out to Rush. It's fun. You think I give a flying f**k what anyone thinks when they happen to look at me?

Yeah there are those that air drum every single note. So what. Who cares. They paid for their ticket and they are enjoying themselves to the max.

All I know is I am watching the band 99.99% of the show. And air drumming and air guitar playing is so prevalent at every Rush show I don't understand how any fan could even complain about something like that. Or let it annoy them. It's part of thr Rush concert experience.

It's a rock concert. Where they hell else other than your car can you let loose and be silly and have a great time with not a worry in the world.

With all due respect to those that despise, hate or think air playing at a Rush show is "gay"

Get that poker out of your tight ass and live a little.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 9 2010, 08:21 AM)
Mike friggin Portnoy was seen air drumming to perfection at opening night

Really ? That is great . Is it on Youtube ?

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jul 9 2010, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 8 2010, 04:12 PM)
Well I know I'll be air bassing the whole show accurately laugh.gif

"air bassing" might be a great new slang term for farting laugh.gif

I LIKE it !!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/fart.gif

I certainly play an array of air instruements when attending a concert, but I try to do so with a good deal of discretion and with the most accuracy a non-musician can muster. In short, I am blessed with an inordinate amount of natural talent in the field of air musicianship. And dancing. There, I said it.

common001.gif

Edited by New World Manny

QUOTE (New World Manny @ Jul 9 2010, 12:27 PM)
I certainly play an array of air instruements when attending a concert, but I try to do so with a good deal of discretion and with the most accuracy a non-musician can muster. In short, I am blessed with an inordinate amount of natural talent in the field of air musicianship. And dancing. There, I said it.
common001.gif

ME TOO!!! LETS START AN RUSH COVER AIR BAND!!! 1022.gif

spit6ph.gif

QUOTE (Dax @ Jul 8 2010, 04:04 PM)
Air anything is gay.  They play the music, if you want to play along, do so in your own home.

I absolutely HATE when anyone plays along.

That's it - I'm trekking to the Texas show with my air accordion and harp. You better stand back or you're going to get hurt. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 9 2010, 12:42 PM)
I, for one, am not tolerant of incorrect air drumming. Rush fans should have higher expectations than just flailing their arms about willy-nilly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/thumbs_up_md_wht.gif