2nd Chicago show canceled

tcbroonsie

Do you think the show would have been re-scheduled IF it were to start downpouring half way into the show?

OR, would we have been REALLY screwed if that's all we got?

I am glad they re-scheduled. Better safe than sorry. And, the amount of water on the entire stage was unacceptable for anything but the Tommy Bartlett Water Show.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 9 2010, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 9 2010, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 9 2010, 08:31 PM)
Look. Everything about Charter One was fine after Monday's great show. Then this happened and suddenly the place totally sucks.

The sound there is great.
The location is good too.
People from both North and South of Chicago can get there easily.

Sorry, but no. I was at the Monday show, as well, and I still think this is the worst venue in town. The rain just made it suck even more. Like I said, a different venue would have still given them the chance to play Wed nite to boot.

Of course, I'd still go back there if they come back to the same venue - but I sure as heck won't be seeing anyone else at that venue, and I sure hope in the future they'll avoid it. Pain in the butt to get to. As far from downtown as possible would be better. I DEFINITELY prefer Tinley over that place.

I definitely think the UC would have been better, too, but maybe too big for this tour?

Oh well, just my 2 coppers.

I'm sorry, I didn't look at your profile, so I don't know where you live, but if you are from the Chicago area you should have no problem getting there.

Yes, I live in the west burbs, and it's a pain in the ass going anywhere downtown or near downtown. Pretty much any other venue would be easier to access than Charter One Pavillion (at least in my experience).

I don't know where you live, but what is 'no problem' for you just MIGHT be somewhat of a problem for others. smile.gif

They've re-scheduled, and it's at the same venue. Rush is the only band I would ever go see at this venue - because I love their music that much. So I'll be there on Aug 23rd, and I'll just cross my fingers that future visits to the windy city will be at a different venue! smile.gif

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 15 2010, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 9 2010, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 9 2010, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 9 2010, 08:31 PM)
Look. Everything about Charter One was fine after Monday's great show. Then this happened and suddenly the place totally sucks.

The sound there is great.
The location is good too.
People from both North and South of Chicago can get there easily.

Sorry, but no. I was at the Monday show, as well, and I still think this is the worst venue in town. The rain just made it suck even more. Like I said, a different venue would have still given them the chance to play Wed nite to boot.

Of course, I'd still go back there if they come back to the same venue - but I sure as heck won't be seeing anyone else at that venue, and I sure hope in the future they'll avoid it. Pain in the butt to get to. As far from downtown as possible would be better. I DEFINITELY prefer Tinley over that place.

I definitely think the UC would have been better, too, but maybe too big for this tour?

Oh well, just my 2 coppers.

I'm sorry, I didn't look at your profile, so I don't know where you live, but if you are from the Chicago area you should have no problem getting there.

Yes, I live in the west burbs, and it's a pain in the ass going anywhere downtown or near downtown. Pretty much any other venue would be easier to access than Charter One Pavillion (at least in my experience).

I don't know where you live, but what is 'no problem' for you just MIGHT be somewhat of a problem for others. smile.gif

They've re-scheduled, and it's at the same venue. Rush is the only band I would ever go see at this venue - because I love their music that much. So I'll be there on Aug 23rd, and I'll just cross my fingers that future visits to the windy city will be at a different venue! smile.gif

I live near Lake Villa. About ten miles from Wisconsin, so it's a pretty long drive for me, but I'm used to Chicago and the traffic and worse PARKING problems in the big city. I just allow for extra time because I just know what a clusterfvck Chicago can be most of the time. Especially in and around rush (no pun) hour.

I'm just glad they got it sorted out. They said you can re-use your ticket as long as it is scan-able. Glad I saved my ticket stub. Just wondering about those folks whose tickets are not scan-able because they got soaked by the rain storm?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 15 2010, 09:11 PM)
I'm just glad they got it sorted out. They said you can re-use your ticket as long as it is scan-able. Glad I saved my ticket stub. Just wondering about those folks whose tickets are not scan-able because they got soaked by the rain storm?

We were told to bring and ID and the credit card used to pay for it. Our tickets were obliterated in the rain.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 16 2010, 12:35 AM)

We were told to bring and ID and the credit card used to pay for it. Our tickets were obliterated in the rain.

You just know that someone won't get that message, not have their CC that they purchased the tickets with, present the old, rain-ruined ticket stub that dosen't scan properly, get shlt at the entrance and then sue because they are denied entry to the show by some over zealous 'security' person.

I'm waiting for that story.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 16 2010, 12:35 AM)

Luckily......I tore off a piece of poncho and wrapped my wallet in it.....I was soaked from head to toe.....my wallet not so much wink.gif Does anybody know what the earliest time is that you can park in the Soldier Field Garage for free? I'm going to the Reo Speedwagon show at Charter this Sun. and was going to get to Chicago real early and check out some of the sights. I'm Really gonna be pissed if I get rained on this time. LOL!!

I'm planning on getting there a early as possible to deal w/ any ticket issues.

My ticket- I believe- should be readable, but what if it isn't?!

How many people will they have on hand to deal appropriately w/ all of us who may not be able to get scanned?!

The lines could really bog down.

Unfortunately, this time I will have to drive in after FB pratice, so I'm really cutting it close.

my buddy said that supposedly the reschduled date is not even up at Rush.com. Haven't been there yet but if that's true, thats pretty weak.

Five photos of the rain postponed show in Chicago 7/7/10......

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/TPesch2112/Rushrainout0705101.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/TPesch2112/Rushrainout0707102.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/TPesch2112/Rushrainout0707103.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/TPesch2112/Rushrainout0707104.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/TPesch2112/Rushrainout0707105.jpg

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Aug 4 2010, 03:47 PM)
my buddy said that supposedly the reschduled date is not even up at Rush.com. Haven't been there yet but if that's true, thats pretty weak.

Your friend did not look hard enough apparently:

Read the following from Rush.com:

The postponed Wednesday, July 7 performance at Charter One Pavilion has been rescheduled to MONDAY, AUGUST 23.

yep

Not to open up a can of worms or anything, but has anyone heard recent news from Lawsuit Guy? confused13.gif