2nd Chicago show canceled

tcbroonsie

QUOTE (BIAS2112 @ Jul 9 2010, 02:35 AM)
Its funny that you guys are still calling the Allstate Arena the Rosemont Horizon :-) Thats what I call it...the good ole Rosemont Horizon. Saw my first show there for Roll The Bones.

And Fitz, did you happen to catch Rush at The Forum on Rand/Euclid back then? My dad took my Mom to that show just before they got married. I think Kansas played there too.

The acoustics there really suck!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the sound at the Pavillion is not any better than the sound at Tinley - and Tinley at least has the benefit of cover from the elements. If the Wed show were at Tinley, they likely would have played.

The Pavillion just plain sucks. The set-up, design, lack of anything resembling quality - the place just screams cheap and crappy.

I'd be fine with the UC or Rosemont Horizon, as I live pretty much right in between those two locations and either are a heck of a lot better than trying to get out to the Field Museum area. I'd even be fine with Tinley.

But honestly, I just hope they come back - don't much care where, or when. smile.gif

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 9 2010, 06:53 PM)
I think the sound at the Pavillion is not any better than the sound at Tinley - and Tinley at least has the benefit of cover from the elements. If the Wed show were at Tinley, they likely would have played.

The Pavillion just plain sucks. The set-up, design, lack of anything resembling quality - the place just screams cheap and crappy.

I'd be fine with the UC or Rosemont Horizon, as I live pretty much right in between those two locations and either are a heck of a lot better than trying to get out to the Field Museum area. I'd even be fine with Tinley.

But honestly, I just hope they come back - don't much care where, or when. smile.gif

Look. Everything about Charter One was fine after Monday's great show. Then this happened and suddenly the place totally sucks.

The sound there is great.

The location is good too.

People from both North and South of Chicago can get there easily.

I don't know too many people that really like that dump in Tinley park. Even the ones that live not far from it.

Poplar Creek was the BEST besides Alpine Valley.

Too bad that place isn't still around.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Jul 9 2010, 07:08 PM)
They're gonna reschedule, they already have around 7500 tickets sold, if it's on Saturday September 11 and if it's in Tinley Park they could probably sell 3-5000 more tickets.

And the place will still be only 3/4 full at best and your estimate of future ticket sales can't be added in because 8,000 of us were already at one show in Chicago already and the ticket prices will keep more people away than not.

I know of two people that couldn't go to any of the shows because of the ticket prices.

We Rush fans haven't been subjected to tickets over $100 until now and that took some of the regulars out of the picture this time around.

FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS, DON'T PLAY AT THAT SHITHOLE IN TINLEY PARK!!!!

Edited by Mr. Krinkle

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 9 2010, 08:31 PM)
Look. Everything about Charter One was fine after Monday's great show. Then this happened and suddenly the place totally sucks.

Sorry, but no. I was at the Monday show, as well, and I still think this is the worst venue in town. The rain just made it suck even more. Like I said, a different venue would have still given them the chance to play Wed nite to boot.

Of course, I'd still go back there if they come back to the same venue - but I sure as heck won't be seeing anyone else at that venue, and I sure hope in the future they'll avoid it. Pain in the butt to get to. As far from downtown as possible would be better. I DEFINITELY prefer Tinley over that place.

I definitely think the UC would have been better, too, but maybe too big for this tour?

Oh well, just my 2 coppers.

Question. If they reschedule to a different venue with a totally different seating scheme (more seats, I'm thinking), how does this affect people who already have tix?

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 9 2010, 09:36 PM)
Question. If they reschedule to a different venue with a totally different seating scheme (more seats, I'm thinking), how does this affect people who already have tix?

I simply elbow my way into the front row and show them my ticket for Charter One.

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 9 2010, 08:58 PM)

Sorry, but no. I was at the Monday show, as well, and I still think this is the worst venue in town. The rain just made it suck even more. Like I said, a different venue would have still given them the chance to play Wed nite to boot.

Of course, I'd still go back there if they come back to the same venue - but I sure as heck won't be seeing anyone else at that venue, and I sure hope in the future they'll avoid it. Pain in the butt to get to. As far from downtown as possible would be better. I DEFINITELY prefer Tinley over that place.

I definitely think the UC would have been better, too, but maybe too big for this tour?

I'm sorry, I didn't look at your profile, so I don't know where you live, but if you are from the Chicago area you should have no problem getting there.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 9 2010, 09:36 PM)

Tinley Park has the same seating scheme for the most part.

Yeah the night was kind of a bummer. Most people got absolutely soaked, it was as though I had jumped into a pool, I kid you not, soaked to the bone. I had 11the row, a couple beers in me, and had committed to being drenched, and I was seriously ready to jam!

Hope they reschedule, I've never been to the venue before, it's tiny, which I like and a nice redo on a cool fall evening will probably suffice! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rbjax2001 @ Jul 9 2010, 10:24 PM)
Yeah the night was kind of a bummer. Most people got absolutely soaked, it was as though I had jumped into a pool, I kid you not, soaked to the bone. I had 11the row, a couple beers in me, and had committed to being drenched, and I was seriously ready to jam!

Hope they reschedule, I've never been to the venue before, it's tiny, which I like and a nice redo on a cool fall evening will probably suffice! biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was completly drenched (except for my feet, I have no idea how I lucked out) and I was also ready for a show at some point. I actually welcomed the drenching because it was as hot as a pigs ass and that rain cooled us all down nicely.

Looking forward to the other bookend to the summer with another show at Charter One with better weather.

I'm actually glad that we now get another show later in the tour.

I want to see them on absolute autopilot.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 9 2010, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (rocketom @ Jul 9 2010, 07:08 PM)
They're gonna reschedule, they already have around 7500 tickets sold, if it's on Saturday September 11 and if it's in Tinley Park they could probably sell 3-5000 more tickets.

And the place will still be only 3/4 full at best and your estimate of future ticket sales can't be added in because 8,000 of us were already at one show in Chicago already and the ticket prices will keep more people away than not.

I know of two people that couldn't go to any of the shows because of the ticket prices.

We Rush fans haven't been subjected to tickets over $100 until now and that took some of the regulars out of the picture this time around.

FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS, DON'T PLAY AT THAT SHITHOLE IN TINLEY PARK!!!!

Are $100 ticket prices across the board, or could this have just been a case of it being a much smaller venue than normal and supply and demand dictated the price?

On the R30 tour at Tinley Park the lawn was almost empty, i"d say about a 1,000 people. The pavillion was 95% full, only obstructed view tickets were left. So this notion that they wont play here because they cant fill it is Bull.

The face value for the "Snakes and Arrows" tour were in the $100. range, depending on where your seats were.

I think the longer we wait to here about the make up date, the greater the chance it will be moved to another venue.

Recently added to the rush.com site under news:

July 12, 2010

The postponed Wednesday, July 7 performance at Charter One Pavilion has been rescheduled to MONDAY, AUGUST 23.

NEW DATE - AUGUST 23

CHARTER ONE PAVILION / CHICAGO, IL

Doors 6:30 pm / Show 7:30 pm

See you all there!

QUOTE (torchred02 @ Jul 12 2010, 02:50 PM)
Recently added to the rush.com site under news:

July 12, 2010
The postponed Wednesday, July 7 performance at Charter One Pavilion has been rescheduled to MONDAY, AUGUST 23.

NEW DATE - AUGUST 23
CHARTER ONE PAVILION / CHICAGO, IL
Doors 6:30 pm / Show 7:30 pm

See you all there!

Great news.....same seats.....nice!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

The man will win his suit. I was there and yes, it rained like mad. The gentleman who notified us that the concert was canceled said that severe weather was moving in and would arrive within a half hour, that in the interest of safety it was necessary to reschedule. On my hour drive home, I listened to the White Sox who were playing less than 3 miles from the concert venue. The guy spent $500 on tickets, $250 on airfare, $200 on a hotel, $80 on a round of beers at a whopping $13 each, and he missed two days of work. There would be no lawsuit if it didn't say "Rain or shine" on the ticket. Simple as that.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 9 2010, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 9 2010, 08:58 PM)

I'm sorry, I didn't look at your profile, so I don't know where you live, but if you are from the Chicago area you should have no problem getting there.

You prefer a 30,000 seat dump to a 7,500 seat lakefront venue with the city as a backdrop? Not me.

For those of you complaining about the shelter (or lack there of) for the Charter One Pavilion, maybe you should do a bit of research on it. It's a temporary structure only assembled between Memorial Day & Labor Day. In its off-season, it's not there. Yes, it sucked that it rained on us all while there, AND I'm surprised Rush chose this venue (which seats 1/3 the amount where they usually play), but nothing's going to change.

You should be going to shows to enjoy the live music and supporting the band(s). What if they decided to play at Millennium Park, would you NOT go because there was no shelter from any potential rain?

Rush in a smaller venue? kinda cool IMO.

Haven't many of us wished we could see them in a more intimate setting????

and while this is not tiny its the smallest I've seen them in after 43 shows since 1987ish.

I'm a HS football coach and will now have to drive through rush hour after practice in 90 degree heat to see them and deal w/ first week of school/TEENS! the next day, but you wont hear me complaining.

ITS RUSH ARE WE SHOULD BE HAPPY THEY STILL EXIST AND ARE STILL RELEVANT!!

(it did say rain or shine though!)

sec 103 seats 11-13 row R

peace!

Rain or shine means, if it's raining the band will play and if it's sunny, the band will play. The PA announce said that the concert was canceled because of bad weather moving into the area that would arrive within a half-hour. There was no bad weather. I listened to the White Sox game, who were playing about three miles from the concert venue, on the way home. There was NOTHING said about a equipment failure. I love Rush but they screwed-up.