Mike Portnoy's Evening With Rush

I guess we all think the same thing at some point: "I'd love to be famous!!!"

but seriously, what a complete pain in the ass.. imagine it for a few minutes... don't think about when it would be easy and convienient-think about trying to spend time with your kids at the park, or enjoying a nice meal with your wife or close friends and people are constantly asking you for an autograph and being goofy because they're nervous.

yeah, I'd love to be in a great band touring the world, but screw the fame thing...

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jul 6 2010, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 6 2010, 05:53 PM)
Lol. I love some of the people in the audience who think they're too badass not to clap for The Spirit of Radio

that would be me

it's not compulsory to do what everyone else does, which I think applies to life itself

Well you could at least bob your head or at least look like you're enjoying the show. Some people had their arms folded looking like: sarcasm.gif

Oh I love going to Rush concerts when the people behind you are like "excuse me, can you sit down please" and my response to those people "F*** you...i paid money for my seat and I shall stand to watch A ROCK CONCERT"

This isn't Enya...it's Rush you idiots....stand the F*** up...or at least don't complain and tell me to sit down...bunch of idiots i have to say

QUOTE (BU4B @ Jul 6 2010, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jul 6 2010, 12:07 AM)
So Neil invited him and reserved those crappy seats for him? Interesting...

I work in a theatre and artists can have seats for guests but the theatre decides where those seats are. Neil will have had no say in the matter. I have put guests in much worse seats than MP got at this concert.

cool.gif

Oh, I was hoping it was Neil's little way of saying eff you while being nice at the same time.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jul 6 2010, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (BU4B @ Jul 6 2010, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jul 6 2010, 12:07 AM)
So Neil invited him and reserved those crappy seats for him? Interesting...

I work in a theatre and artists can have seats for guests but the theatre decides where those seats are. Neil will have had no say in the matter. I have put guests in much worse seats than MP got at this concert.

cool.gif

Oh, I was hoping it was Neil's little way of saying eff you while being nice at the same time.

Lols, sit him just close enough to show him you're still the king, but not so far away that he feels like a subject.

QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 6 2010, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jul 6 2010, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 6 2010, 05:53 PM)
Lol. I love some of the people in the audience who think they're too badass not to clap for The Spirit of Radio

that would be me

it's not compulsory to do what everyone else does, which I think applies to life itself

Well you could at least bob your head or at least look like you're enjoying the show. Some people had their arms folded looking like: sarcasm.gif

I wasn't there - I meant not clapping along to TSOR is my normal state at every Rush gig.

Why do you have to look like you are enjoying it? As long as you are enjoying it is what counts.

At concerts I prefer to tap my foot gently in rough approximation to the beat laid down by the combo occupying the stage. I do make sure though to express my appreciation by clapping at the conclusion of the songs, and maybe whooping and hollering from time to time. At extreme moments my fist has been known to punch the air in sheer exaltation at the blissfulness of it all.

F-n awesome

Neil Peart is so sorely misunderstood, it should be a crime to judge someone based on their natural personality. He's shy, get over it!

Portnoy is awesome.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 5 2010, 10:31 PM)
Is there more footage of Mike taking a whiz later in the mens room?

"Peeing. Check out how he holds his dick like a drumstick."

This clip points out another thing about these shed tours for me, playing in the bright daylight just removes any drama from the beginning of the show...

Yeah, the crowd looks a bit dead too...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jul 6 2010, 04:24 PM)
Oh I love going to Rush concerts when the people behind you are like "excuse me, can you sit down please" and my response to those people "F*** you...i paid money for my seat and I shall stand to watch A ROCK CONCERT"

This isn't Enya...it's Rush you idiots....stand the F*** up...or at least don't complain and tell me to sit down...bunch of idiots i have to say

So what your saying is, Enya fans shouldn't be allowed to stand? Well that's a double standard. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 9 2010, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 9 2010, 03:29 PM)
Portnoy is not a very tall man is he?

trink38.gif

If 5'10'' is short, consider me a midget.

He's not 5'10, everyone in that video towers over him, including the women...

QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 6 2010, 11:53 AM)

Ive found that The spirit of Radio is the perfect time to light up a joint. Everyone has their arms up in the air and security cant see shit.