Replace Presto with War Paint

Replace Stick it Out with Driven

Replace Workin' Them Angels and Faithless with Jacob's Ladder

That would have been MUCH better.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:30 PM)
If you want to fix the setlist, sell your ticket to someone who will enjoy it and stay home.

I didn't say I wouldn't enjoy it, I'd just like to make it better. A guy can dream can't he?

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:35 PM)
If you want to fix the setlist, sell your ticket to someone who will enjoy it and stay home.

I didn't say I wouldn't enjoy it, I'd just like to make it better. A guy can dream can't he?

Ah yes for sure. smile.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:09 PM)
Replace Presto with Superconductor

Replace Stick it Out with Dog Years

Replace Workin' Them Angels and Faithless with Rivendell and I Think I'm Going Bald

That would have been MUCH better.

No...you're totally wrong.

Edited by Some Half-Forgotten Stranger

Replace Presto? Yeah sure, smoke another one.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:35 PM)

That is not a bad tweak to the set list although I was thinking just...

replace Stick It Out with Between The Sun And Moon

and

replace Faithless with Jacob's Ladder

I am basically happy with the current list but a couple A/B songs would be a good mix up.

i'll be passing this one up and looking ahead to the next one. i figure let someone else who is new to the whole experience or likes the setlist take it in and enjoy it. i can't wait until all the talk starts up again about another new tour, setlist talk, and rumors about a "revamped setlist". laugh.gif i can hear it now. we are really going to reach deep into the vault this time around or 1/2 the setlist will be b-side tunes. tongue.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:52 PM)
I actually like Presto, but wouldn't War Paint be a little more up beat for so early in the set?

Love War Paint....that would be an upgrade to the 1st set list....

Keep Presto and lose Faithless for War Paint and I think you're on to something.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 2 2010, 07:01 PM)
i'll be passing this one up and looking ahead to the next one.  i figure let someone else who is new to the whole experience or likes the setlist take it in and enjoy it.  i can't wait until all the talk starts up again about another new tour, setlist talk, and rumors about a "revamped setlist".  laugh.gif  i can hear it now.  we are really going to reach deep into the vault this time around or 1/2 the setlist will be b-side tunes.  tongue.gif

The 2011 tour will probably be the Clockwork Angels tour. I would guess that they'll play a large part of the album as they did with S&A (9 songs). Maybe even the whole album, if they really love it.

If you're passing this time in hopes for more vault songs next time, you could be out of luck. I'm sure they'll swap some songs in and out, but I bet the focus next time will be CA, just as MP is the focus this time.

Edited by PariahDog

Replace Time Stand Still with The Analog Kid

Replace Presto with Show Don't Tell

Replace LTTA with TMMB

Replace Stick It Out with Cut To The Chase

Replace Faithless with Vapor Trail

Replace Marathon with Kid Gloves

Now there's a setlist...

QUOTE (JPRushHed @ Jul 2 2010, 07:49 PM)

That's one that I would agree with. 1022.gif

Stick It Out is probably the only tune I would swap out and CTTC would be killer.

Edited by PariahDog

didn't anyone listen to the interview with Geddy and Alex last week. The set list is locked in two weeks before the tour and there would be no changes to it for such a short tour.

You can offer your fixes all you want... but they don't think there's a problem with it. Enjoy it for what it is... another Rush tour. I for one am very happy that they are touring now instead waiting till next year for them to finish the album before going on the road.

Matt

Presto is good, only other songs I'd prefer to represent Presto would be either "Chain Lightning" or "Red Tide"

Stick it Out would have to be the worst song for Counterparts (other than Animate)

W them A and Faithless.. Yes, bury those songs never to played again and dig up JL!!!

QUOTE (JPRushHed @ Jul 2 2010, 07:49 PM)
Replace Time Stand Still with The Analog Kid
Replace Presto with Show Don't Tell
Replace LTTA with TMMB
Replace Faithless with Vapor Trail
Replace Marathon with Kid Gloves

Now there's a setlist...

Disagree about Marathon/Kid gloves, but your other 5 switches would make an absolute killer set. trink39.gif

Flip Far Cry and Spirit of Radio. Far Cry is an opener, and I much prefer Spirit as a closer. Overplayed? Yes, but I still love it and look forward to hearing it.

Replace Time Stand Still with just about anything. I think it's one of the worst songs they've ever done. The Analog Kid would be perfect.

Presto is fine. Never played live before now, they can leave it in.

I don't have a big problem with LTTA, but why 2 songs from Counterparts? If I had to pick one song from that album, I'd pick Between Sun and Moon. Then play something from Grace with that other slot.

I don't have a problem with Faithless or Angels.

I'd prefer another old song to Freewill. We are always limited on the old songs, and I'd rather hear something they don't play every time out. They could play Entre Nous again in that spot and I'd be happier. Jacob's Ladder would be the obvious first choice.

Then switch Closer To the Heart with anything else pre-Permanent Waves. It's probably my least favorite song from that period.

And I'd still like to see an extra song or two in there, to get back up to that 28-29 song range.