This Is SO FREAKING HARD!!!!!!!!!!

Tick

I have never had a hard time resisting spoilers and have always gone to my shows with some mystery. I always seem to find out a couple songs they play that I didn't want to know about, but for the most part, I'm surprised on show night.

Well, yesterday by accident I found out one of the songs on the set list. Its like a dream come true that they are playing this particular song. I had heard form an insider they were rehearsing it, but he couldn't tell me for a fact they were playing it. THEY ARE!!!!

Ok, back to my topic. Ever since I saw that one track by accident, I feel like a junkie needing his next fix. I WANT TO LOOK SO BAD!!!

I'll tell you all the biggest reason I just might cave. On R30 in 04, I went into the show not knowing the set list and it bit me in the ass hard. I tend to drink a few beers before a show, and I am notorious for peeing a lot. I have good nights with it, and bad.

Well, on R30, not knowing the set list I left during I don't remember what song and as I was arriving back to my seat I was ripping pissed that I had missed 3/4 of Between The Wheels!!! What a rare treat at that time, and I missed most of the biggest surprise of the night!!!

So, this is my dilemma, do I just do what a junkie would do and take the fix or just learn to resist?(thank you, I'll be here all week)

I don't want to know, but I also don't want to miss something special during a piss break.

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!

lastly...

not drinking beer is not an option.

no.gif

Nope, it isn't. no.gif

Chime in and help me make my decision... atickhum.gif

Edited by tick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help you - I am facing the same dilemma myself, but for different reasons!

I won't be seeing them until 9/29, and there are only two more shows after that. I feel like I'll miss out on a lot of good discussions in this section of the board by keeping myself in the dark.

Besides, I realized I already know about half the setlist anyway. There's the two new ones, plus what we've all pretty much known from the beginning, and I've tripped across 3 or 4 spoilers (not necessarily on this board, BTW). SO that's 13-14 songs I know of already.

Edited by tick

I had only looked at one tour before hand and that was R-30.

This tour I am not seeing them till the last 2 shows and I already knew MP. I have seen Rush over 16 times (that is nothing compared to a bunch of Rushtourians around these parts) but I have seen every tour starting with Signals. So there is not much they can do to suprise me. I have seen almost everything I have ever wanted that I realistically could expect.

I had to know about a certain song this go around so I looked.

I am not upset at all that I did. I am going to love this show and I even burned the setlist to CD and am priming up my son because their are a dozen tunes he needs to get familar with.

Did the R-30 expereince suffer? Naaaa the show was amazing. The wow factor was taken away on the intial response to the songs...but it really is not a big deal. It's Rush and I get high just hearing their stuff live.

Go for it.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 1 2010, 09:06 AM)

This tour I am not seeing them till the last 2 shows and I already knew MP. I have seen Rush over 16 times (that is nothing compared to a bunch of Rushtourians around these parts) but I have seen every tour starting with Signals. So there is not much they can do to suprise me. I have seen almost everything I have ever wanted that I realistically could expect.

I am not upset at all that I did. I am going to love this show and I even burned the setlist to CD and am priming up my son because their are a dozen tunes he needs to get familar with.

Did the R-30 expereince suffer? Naaaa the show was amazing. The wow factor was taken away on the intial response to the songs...but it really is not a big deal. It's Rush and I get high just hearing their stuff live.

Go for it.

I have seen Rush 37 times dating back to 1981. I should just look!

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 1 2010, 08:10 AM)

Go for it.

you've paid your dues and earned that right to look. 1287.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 1 2010, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jul 1 2010, 08:10 AM)

Go for it.

you've paid your dues and earned that right to look. 1287.gif

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!! I MUST KNOW!!!!!!! rage.gif

I'm looking. atickhum.gif

Same here...I don't think I'm gonna look at any more spoilers. The main reason I wanted to know the songs was to help my son become familiar with any songs he may not know before we go to the show.

He is a big fan and been to a show before but there are still some of the more obscure songs he doesn't know.

The way I see it you have 3 viable options...

#1 Wear a depends and let 'er rip whenever you have to and never leave your seat.

#2 Wait in agony for the intermission and suffer the LONG line at the bathroom.

#3 Take a look and plan out your break during whatever song you deem appropriate.

Good luck with that!

cool.gif spit6ph.gif martini_shaken.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

Edited by InvisibleAirwaves13

I can certainly pee during almost any Moving pictures song. I have seen them all(except,TCE) many times.

I WANT TO LOOK !!!

I don't want to look

I WANT TO LOOK!!!

Edited by tick

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2010, 10:45 AM)
I saw this thread title and my first thought was, "Ummmm, tick....wrong board, bro..." unsure.gif

rofl3.gif

For my first Rush show ever back in 2002, I didn't peak. I have reserved that for my first show and now I find out the setlist before. I also do so to refresh my memory on some of the older tunes I have not played in a while. Just this morning I played a song from this tour's setlist and it made me excited to know I was going to hear it live.

In your instance? I'd say look -- then you will know for the 2011 tour how you enjoy the show better -- knowing or not knowing -- and plan accordingly.

If you really have to plan bathroom breaks, then indeed look and go during the songs you're not so fond of.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2010, 11:45 AM)
I saw this thread title and my first thought was, "Ummmm, tick....wrong board, bro..." unsure.gif

OH MY GOD!!! laugh.gif

That's just not right. blush4.gif

Just do what I did...Look at the setlist one time, do the WOW and wait until the show. Don't look it over enough to memorize, just get the general idea and let the short-term memory handle the rest 1022.gif 2.gif