ALBUQUERQUE 6/29 - my detailed review

chrxtopher

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 1 2010, 04:33 PM)
I don't care for the setlist, and I really don't give a **** if you like my opinion or not.

Fair enough, and thanks for the ****-bomb.

But I'm guessing that you don't like maybe 4 or 5 songs in the first set?

I just find it amazing that long time fans would consider skipping what will probably be one of their final tours for this reason. I still regret missing the GUP and CP tours. Rush won't be around forever.

EDIT: BTW, if you're holding out for more classics, there will probably be even fewer in 2011. I would guess that a large portion of CA will be played, maybe even the entire album.

Edited by PariahDog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 02:45 PM)
I don't care for the setlist, and I really don't give a **** if you like my opinion or not.

I just find it amazing that long time fans would consider skipping what will probably be one of their final tours for this reason. I still regret missing the GUP and CP tours. Rush won't be around forever.

I agree... as long as they can still kick it out. I wish we hadn't have had to miss TFE and R30.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 1 2010, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 1 2010, 04:31 PM)
At one time, I thought Gemini was funny.  Quirky as hell, but funny - I like a little of that for variety and a lot of his posts were maybe pointless, and nuttier than a squirrel turd, but boy, were they ever original.

I'm using that line sometime. SOMETIME SOON!

Yeah, I'm rather disappointed in myself for having not heard it before. I strive to place it in heavy rotation in my personal life.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jul 1 2010, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 02:45 PM)

I agree... as long as they can still kick it out. I wish we hadn't have had to miss TFE and R30.

I also agree. Even it's not your dream setlist, you'd rather sit home than watch Rush live? It's puzzling.

I'm completely disenchanted with the band, guys, I'm sorry. I'm not going to see Rush just because they're Rush and their days are numbered. Their new releases are completely unacceptable and are not worthy of release. Their new setlist is a ball of confusion. Then factor-in Neil Peart's social faux pas and the fact that he really doesn't want to be there in the first place. He snubbed his bandmates and fans recently at the Walk of Fame ceremony, which took place in his back yard of all places. What an absolute travesty- Show a little respect to the guys that hired you and your adoring fans. As far as I'm concerned, Rush is no longer Rush and this is why I think they should disband completely. Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 04:45 PM)

EDIT: BTW, if you're holding out for more classics, there will probably be even fewer in 2011. I would guess that a large portion of CA will be played, maybe even the entire album.

Good post....

I was one of those late bloomers, didnt see my 1st Rush show til Roll the Bones and being the diehard I am, I'm so thankful to still have them at such a ridiculously high quality.

The 2011 tour will definitely have more new stuff, a la Snakes and Arrows, so you may need to skip that one too Rush Cocky. "Maybe" we see another tour in 2013 in which case they'll be at or around 60 and the length and chops should be starting to drop a little..it would have to. That's even if we get another tour

So maybe you guys that have decided to not go this tour based on the terrible setlist have seen your last Rush show?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 1 2010, 02:58 PM)
I'm completely disenchanted with the band, guys, I'm sorry. I'm not going to see Rush just because they're Rush and their days are numbered. Their new releases are completely unacceptable and are not worthy of release. Their new setlist is a ball of confusion. Then factor-in Neil Peart's social faux pas and the fact that he really doesn't want to be there in the first place. He snubbed his bandmates and fans recently at the Walk of Fame ceremony, which took place in his back yard of all places. What an absolute travesty- Show a little respect to the guys that hired you and your adoring fans. As far as I'm concerned, Rush is no longer Rush and this is why I think they should disband completely.

I tried not to respond...

but good God man, please put us all out of your misery.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 1 2010, 05:38 PM)
Well, I am bummed I might not get the chance to meet you!
sad.gif
However, I totally respect your choice.  It's a long drive and a bit spendy if you think you won't be happy with the show.  And there IS always next year.

See Mara, that's the whole thing......

It is nearly THREE MONTHS until the Atlanta show. Lots and lots of time to (1) Get used to the setlist; (2) Change my mind; (3) Allow for the influence of Just An Escape Artist (a good friend of mine).....as well as 2 other friends who love Rush.

And right now, I'm LEANING toward not going. I'm nowhere close to ruling it out. Shoot, I'll probably end up going, and I'm sure in the end I'll be glad I did. And I know I'm in the minority about my feelings about the list, but I'm not going to lie to myself and say it's OK, Rush can just play whatever.

Still plenty of time left......

Edited by Rush Cocky

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 1 2010, 04:58 PM)
I'm completely disenchanted with the band, guys, I'm sorry. I'm not going to see Rush just because they're Rush and their days are numbered. Their new releases are completely unacceptable and are not worthy of release. Their new setlist is a ball of confusion. Then factor-in Neil Peart's social faux pas and the fact that he really doesn't want to be there in the first place. He snubbed his bandmates and fans recently at the Walk of Fame ceremony, which took place in his back yard of all places. What an absolute travesty- Show a little respect to the guys that hired you and your adoring fans. As far as I'm concerned, Rush is no longer Rush and this is why I think they should disband completely.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we use this post as an opportunity to debate Neil peart's social issues for the millionth time!?! WOOHOO

Poor Christopher...great post and great review, and it's been completely derailed rofl3.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 05:45 PM)

All depends whether I like CA as an album and/or the setlist for that tour. This is all done on a case-by-case basis.

And the ****-bomb wouldn't have even been necessary if you hadn't been such a douche in your first post.

I just find it amazing that long time fans would consider skipping what will probably be one of their final tours for this reason.  I still regret missing the GUP and CP tours.  Rush won't be around forever.

They will for me. I've got countless DVDs and bootlegs I can enjoy....AND FOR FREE. Rush has seen to that.

Like I said, I'll probably end up going, but I'm not real excited right now.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 1 2010, 02:58 PM)
I'm completely disenchanted with the band, guys, I'm sorry.  I'm not going to see Rush just because they're Rush and their days are numbered.  Their new releases are completely unacceptable and are not worthy of release.  Their new setlist is a ball of confusion. Then factor-in Neil Peart's social faux pas and the fact that he really doesn't want to be there in the first place. He snubbed his bandmates and fans recently at the Walk of Fame ceremony, which took place in his back yard of all places. What an absolute travesty- Show a little respect to the guys that hired you and your adoring fans.  As far as I'm concerned, Rush is no longer Rush and this is why I think they should disband completely.

Interesting.

The kind of disenchantment of which you speak is exactly the way my wife and I feel about Yes. You want to talk about a band with problems??? And I'm not even referring to the "tribute band singer" thing. He's actually one of the best things they have going for them right now, IMO. Lagging tempos, sloppy playing, inconsistent from night to night. One has to be VERY forgiving if they are still an active Yes fan.

So I can relate, in a way... but to me Rush are still playing at a high level, considering their age. By way of comparison, try going to a Yes show...

I don't wanna see Rush because I sense the end is near. AFAIK, there's still gas left in their tank, and I happen to like the newer material. Perhaps if you did too, you'd feel differently.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 1 2010, 06:14 PM)
Poor Christopher...great post and great review, and it's been completely derailed rofl3.gif

Christopher's post was one of the best I've read on this board.

He should get a medal for that one. yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 1 2010, 05:53 PM)
I also agree. Even it's not your dream setlist, you'd rather sit home than watch Rush live? It's puzzling.

It's called a choice.

Money doesn't grow on trees for me, maybe it does for everyone else.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 1 2010, 03:47 PM)
As far as I remember, the B-sides thing was mentioned once by Alex in an interview two or three years ago. This tour was never billed as a B-sides tour that I heard. Of course, it was Alex who brought up JL in an interview, as well. When, oh when, will people learn not to listen to Alex?

Agree. THe man is an awesome guitarist, and a terrific entertainer. However, he sucks as a prophet, even on something he's knowledgeable about - his own band!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 1 2010, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 1 2010, 05:53 PM)

It's called a choice.

Money doesn't grow on trees for me, maybe it does for everyone else.

That's totally fair. You're right-- it is a choice.

Because of our own ecomonic situation and the rising prices of events, we have had to be very choosy too.

Yes are no longer worth my money, but Rush still is. The day I feel that they're not, then I won't go either...

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 1 2010, 06:00 PM)
The 2011 tour will definitely have more new stuff, a la Snakes and Arrows, so you may need to skip that one too Rush Cocky.

In 2011, we have the child factor coming into play once again. By then, my son will be 7, and I'm pretty certain Rush will be winding down at this point. That factor alone will push me in the direction of going, regardless of the setlist content.

Every situation is different.......

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 03:28 PM)
Yeah, I wouldn't bother going. 

Then you guys can skip the 2011 tour because they'll be playing too many Clockwork Angels tunes. 

Then hopefully they'll retire from touring and you'll never have to worry about seeing them live again.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 1 2010, 05:16 PM)
And the ****-bomb wouldn't have even been necessary if you hadn't been such a douche in your first post.

Rush Cocky,

Please tell me what exactly in my post qualifies me as a "douche?"

Extreme sarcasm, I admit, but no name-calling and no profanity on my part.

So far in the thread, you have lobbed the ****-bomb at me AND called me a "douche."

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 1 2010, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 1 2010, 06:14 PM)
Poor Christopher...great post and great review, and it's been completely derailed  rofl3.gif

Christopher's post was one of the best I've read on this board.

He should get a medal for that one. yes.gif

I read his reveiw moments after he posted in the early AM. I was to sleepy to respond then, & now it looks like 1/2 of the post are in responce to Gemini, 2 bad 4 sure ! !

Like others I thought it was brutally honest, EXACTLY what I want !

Great Job !

I 2 am disappointed RUSH didn't take the chance here to dig deeper, But

I like some of the choice's alot. I could do with out some of the standards, but I understand.

I would still like RUSH it if they played the first set & Then

AlexFinal.gif Said, my fingers hurt I can't play anymore

NeilFinal.gif Said, Good, I have better things to do.....see ya

GeddyFinal.gif Said, I am Geddy Lee I will sing what ever I want to sing

See Ya all in VEGAS Baby ! ! !

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 06:36 PM)
Please tell me what exactly in my post qualifies me as a "douche?"

Extreme sarcasm, I admit, but no name-calling and no profanity on my part.

So far in the thread, you have lobbed the ****-bomb at me AND called me a "douche."

Why do you really care? You post like this all the time whenever something somebody says pisses you off. I don't like it, I've said I don't like it, and that's that.

What more do you want? I'm tired of ruining an otherwise great thread with a fantastic original post with all this meaningless bickering crap. So this will be my last address to you in this thread.

It's reviews like this which make me look at the setlist prior to the show. I like to know what songs the boys are gonna hear. It never seems to take away from my excitement of the show. I also like to make CD's of setlist for my wife so she can familiarize herself with some of the songs she's not familiar with.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 1 2010, 05:58 PM)
I'm completely disenchanted with the band, guys, I'm sorry.  I'm not going to see Rush just because they're Rush and their days are numbered.  Their new releases are completely unacceptable and are not worthy of release.  Their new setlist is a ball of confusion. Then factor-in Neil Peart's social faux pas and the fact that he really doesn't want to be there in the first place. He snubbed his bandmates and fans recently at the Walk of Fame ceremony, which took place in his back yard of all places. What an absolute travesty- Show a little respect to the guys that hired you and your adoring fans.  As far as I'm concerned, Rush is no longer Rush and this is why I think they should disband completely.

rofl3.gif applaudit.gif

Edit: You know they have pharma for that now, right? laugh.gif

Edited by lerxt1990