ALBUQUERQUE 6/29 - my detailed review

chrxtopher

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back home from New Mexico.

Loved, loved, loved Presto. I was a little disappointed in no Jacob's Ladder, and they trotted out the old warhorse -- Subdivisions, again -- from Signals instead of something different, but all in all, a great set.

Nothing from the first three records save Working Man, which says to me that they will never, ever play those tunes again if they didn't this time.. Nothing from GUP, RTB, T4E or VT, which didn't bother me.

All I can say is playing Moving Pictures was a masterstroke. TCE was worth the wait, as was Presto.

Had a great time and really enjoyed the arena. Hopefully, I can catch another show on this tour.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 1 2010, 03:22 PM)
I encourage the early retirement of Rush...I've seen enough mediocrity in their performance and recordings in recent years. Get out before they embarrass themselves any further. They are only tarnishing their past greatness by giving these half efforts.

I encourage the early retirement of GeminiRising from The Rush Forum.

And I'd say get out before you embarrass yourself any further, but I dont know if that's possible.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 1 2010, 01:22 PM)
I encourage the early retirement of Rush...I've seen enough mediocrity in their performance and recordings in recent years.  Get out before they embarrass themselves any further.  They are only tarnishing their past greatness by giving these half efforts.

Proof that TRF needs a vetting process.

Edited by Rushman14

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 1 2010, 03:36 PM)
I encourage the early retirement of GeminiRising from The Rush Forum.
And I'd say get out before you embarrass yourself any further, but I dont know if that's possible.

z7shysterical.gif

goodpost.gif

Can we vote him off the island? tongue.gif

I encourage the early retirement of Rush...I've seen enough mediocrity in their performance and recordings in recent years. Get out before they embarrass themselves any further. They are only tarnishing their past greatness by giving these half efforts.

These guys are almost 60 years old, still playing 2.5 hour shows with the precision, effort, and heart that most 20-somethings can even touch....these kinds of comments just drive me nuts.

Yeah, yeah, this is a Band forum...everyone is entitled to their opinion...blah blah blah...but this clown watched the first show on YouTube and now says they're tarnishing themselves with mediocrity...

Or it could be he's trying to get reactions and attention, in which case, you win GeminiRising, because my reaction is that this is total nonsense

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jul 1 2010, 01:41 PM)
One more thing, really the only negative I have:

The intro videos were waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, and fairly unfunny.

i think they purposely make a lengthy video before the 2nd half to give people time to get back to their seats.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 1 2010, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jul 1 2010, 01:41 PM)
One more thing, really the only negative I have:

The intro videos were waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, and fairly unfunny.

i think they purposely make a lengthy video before the 2nd half to give people time to get back to their seats.

Maybe it was the anticipation, but the 1st set intro seemed even longer to me.

Why are you still here? Seriously?

If you are tired of their "mediocrity," then go away and find some band you can believe in. The majority of people here are ecstatic about Rush touring and are sick of your constant crapping all over EVERYTHING.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 1 2010, 04:48 PM)
I encourage the early retirement of Rush...I've seen enough mediocrity in their performance and recordings in recent years.  Get out before they embarrass themselves any further.  They are only tarnishing their past greatness by giving these half efforts.

If you are tired of their "mediocrity," then go away and find some band you can believe in. The majority of people here are ecstatic about Rush touring and are sick of your constant crapping all over EVERYTHING.

+1 to that. Quit being a troll and crapping all over everything.

Just go away Gemini. I've only said this to one other person in almost 6 years here, but I'm saying it to you:

GET OUT. YOU ARE NOT WANTED!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 1 2010, 03:48 PM)

GhostGirl, you're a moderator...can't you just ban? I know it's not something done often around here, but gimme a break. If it was ever gonna be done, this is the time

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 1 2010, 04:22 PM)

It is clear to me that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and have no clue about this band and what makes these guys tick. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you meant to join the Nickelback forum and wandered in here by mistake.

Either that you're just trying to troll up the place.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Jul 1 2010, 03:26 PM)
"Many beers were consumed along with some awesome green chile cheese fries"

http://healthy-natural-colon-cleanse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/600px-Fart.svg_.png

z7shysterical.gif

At one time, I thought Gemini was funny. Quirky as hell, but funny - I like a little of that for variety and a lot of his posts were maybe pointless, and nuttier than a squirrel turd, but boy, were they ever original.

The well's run dry, though. Sorry, dude, but there's nothing original or funny in most of the shit you've typed in here of late. There's expressing your opinion, which I respect even when the opinion-holder comes off as a titch obnoxious. And then there's just chumming the waters to see how many pissed-off responses ensue.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 03:28 PM)
Yeah, I wouldn't bother going.

Then you guys can skip the 2011 tour because they'll be playing too many Clockwork Angels tunes.

Then hopefully they'll retire from touring and you'll never have to worry about seeing them live again.

eyesre4.gif

Yeah, I dump on your opinions all the time; makes perfect sense you should dump on mine. It's payback time. eyesre4.gif

I don't care for the setlist, and I really don't give a **** if you like my opinion or not.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 1 2010, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 1 2010, 03:28 PM)
Yeah, I wouldn't bother going. 

Then you guys can skip the 2011 tour because they'll be playing too many Clockwork Angels tunes. 

Then hopefully they'll retire from touring and you'll never have to worry about seeing them live again.

eyesre4.gif

Yeah, I dump on your opinions all the time; makes perfect sense you should dump on mine. It's payback time. eyesre4.gif

I don't care for the setlist, and I really don't give a **** if you like my opinion or not.

Well, I am bummed I might not get the chance to meet you!

sad.gif

However, I totally respect your choice. It's a long drive and a bit spendy if you think you won't be happy with the show. And there IS always next year.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 1 2010, 04:31 PM)
At one time, I thought Gemini was funny. Quirky as hell, but funny - I like a little of that for variety and a lot of his posts were maybe pointless, and nuttier than a squirrel turd, but boy, were they ever original.

I'm using that line sometime. SOMETIME SOON!

I'm pretty sure they're playing a lot better than I'd be playing at almost 60 years old.