Speculation, not spoiler: MP to start second set?

seems logical which is why they shouldn't do it. though it probably won't happen, i said in another thread that they should do side 1 at the end of set 1 and open set 2 with side 2.

if they truly want to travel back in time then they should play MP in reverse order but still with the set/side split....i.e. end set 1 with the camera eye and open set 2 with limelight

I said this all along . Makes perfect sense . I can hear Geddy now after the first set

Than you very much, we are going to take a short break and we will be right back with Moving Pictures yes.gif

I have been beliving that this will happen.

But...I don't really get your "keeping the casual fans through the break" comment.

Are you saying that fans would leave the show half-way through just because MP has been played? Who would leave a concert half-way through??

Again...that might not be what you meant...but it has me confused.

on Tfe tour they played 2112 to close the first set. now i cant vouch for anyone who didnt see that tour but people which just came to see this song probably wandered out early but the second set had natural science (rarely played at the time) but also neils drum solo. many probaly stayed over for the drum solo, but from what ive seen in terms of crowd respons, natural science doesnt seem to liven them up.

they could save jacobs ladder for late in set 2 to keep things interesting.

I'm not sure I'm following your point about the casual fans. I don't think I'd pay the prices they're charging to hear 40-45 minutes of a 3 hour show. I do believe though that MP will start the 2nd set because it just makes the most sense. I'm sure there will be some new MP related intro film and like it or not, Tom Sawyer is a pretty good set opener. Hey, if someone is only there to hear MP I'll be happy to move up to their seat

for the rest of set 2 and the encores! trink39.gif

I'm sticking with ending the first set with MP and opening the 2nd with Caravan and BU2B. I'll know for sure in 10 days. TEN DAYS!!! WOOHOO!!!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (quickfree @ Jun 21 2010, 01:27 PM)
on Tfe tour they played 2112 to close the first set. now i cant vouch for anyone who didnt see that tour but people which just came to see this song probably wandered out early but the second set had natural science (rarely played at the time) but also neils drum solo. many probaly stayed over for the drum solo, but from what ive seen in terms of crowd respons, natural science doesnt seem to liven them up.

they could save jacobs ladder for late in set 2 to keep things interesting.

there's a reason they usually play Tom Sawyer last... most of the casual fans are there to hear it.

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 21 2010, 01:42 PM)
I'm not sure I'm following your point about the casual fans. I don't think I'd pay the prices they're charging to hear 40-45 minutes of a 3 hour show. I do believe though that MP will start the 2nd set because it just makes the most sense. I'm sure there will be some new MP related intro film and like it or not, Tom Sawyer is a pretty good set opener. Hey, if someone is only there to hear MP I'll be happy to move up to their seat

I think a lot of casual fans have a hard time sitting through 3 hours of Rush. As hardcore fans we can't get enough, but we're a special breed.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 22 2010, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 21 2010, 02:09 PM)
there's a reason they usually play Tom Sawyer last... most of the casual fans are there to hear it.

Which explains perfectly why they played TS as the show opener on the VT tour tongue.gif

I said USUALLY tongue.gif

Well, we will all know in a few days the true setlist.

On a personal note, they should split MP with Side 1 at the end of the first set, and open the second set with The Camera Eye (I can see that happening).

Just my opinion, and I don't care when they play MP, but I hope they do it like this.

Edited by GuitarKid 1880

The more I think about it, the more I like the split idea. Do it like the record, between Limelight and Camera Eye.

The opening of the Camera Eye just screams "second set opener" to me... do a short film of NY/London with the horns and then the quiet synth passage brings it in and builds.

Plus Limelight is an outstanding first-set closer.

I've felt all along that MP would start the second set. Makes perfect

sense. Throw Caravan and BU2B near the end of the first set.

I see this entire gig as a throw-back show with almost entirely older material, hence the time machine tour. Almost as if no new material had been written after MP.

That's what I'm hoping for!

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 21 2010, 01:42 PM)

And a one, and a two, and a...

one two three and one two three...

BOOM

It would be cool if South park created a new video for the show.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 22 2010, 06:09 PM)

The opening of the Camera Eye just screams "second set opener" to me...

Plus Limelight is an outstanding first-set closer.

My sentiments EXACTLY.

There's that ominous feeling created by the intro to The Camera Eye, and Limelight would obviously make a good closer to any show or any set

I truely think they end Set 1 with|:

Moving Picture

Red Bachetta

YYZ

Limelight

and begin set 2 with:

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

This makes perfect sence to me!

I predict theyll end the first set with it, just like they did with 2112 on the TFE tour. Then, also like the TFE tour (as well as VT and SA), theyll start the second set with the first single from their new album, in this case, Caravan.