Toy Story 3

theworkingman

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 22 2010, 07:08 PM)
Armond White is the 12-year-old internet troll of film criticism. No human with a functioning soul could not enjoy this movie. And if you didn't, I don't want to meet you. Ever.

I really would like to meet Armond White. He seems like he'd be funny. I think he gave Jonah Hex a GLOWING review.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 22 2010, 11:08 PM)
Armond White is the 12-year-old internet troll of film criticism. No human with a functioning soul could not enjoy this movie. And if you didn't, I don't want to meet you. Ever.

Armond likes giving bad reviews to movies with 100% ratings on RottenTomatoes to spoil the perfect rating. He's one of those douchebag reviewers who is more interested in appearing smart or clever (while failing to do so) than actually giving an honest review and backing up his critiques.

The kids are "older" and may think it's a baby movie but the hubs and I will go.

BTW they are making a sequel of the Incredibles, heard this a while back.

Check out this review

Above is a link ot a website I now frequent to give me an idea of how "clean" the movies are. It's always been a big deal to me, but surprisingly this is a big deal to my son these days. Toy Story 3 gets GREAT ratings!

WARNING: THERE MAY BE SOME SPOILERS IN HERE, so if you don't want to risk it, don't look at the narrative, just the rating (the lower the better).

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 23 2010, 01:35 PM)
The kids are "older" and may think it's a baby movie but the hubs and I will go.

Quite the contrary... there's a Facebook page that's something like "Move out of the way kids, I've been waiting 11 years for Toy Story 3" that a ton of my friends have joined. I'm another person who wants to see it, but I'm not really a person that goes to movies (seeing the Rush doc was my first movie in three years laugh.gif ), so I'll wait or something. Maybe I'll break down and see it at the $1 theater when it gets there.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 23 2010, 01:35 PM)
BTW they are making a sequel of the  Incredibles, heard this a while back.

ohmy.gif

YES.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2010, 01:22 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 22 2010, 11:08 PM)

Armond likes giving bad reviews to movies with 100% ratings on RottenTomatoes to spoil the perfect rating. He's one of those douchebag reviewers who is more interested in appearing smart or clever (while failing to do so) than actually giving an honest review and backing up his critiques.

http://teoten.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg

Took the kids to see it on father's day. Amazing. It never ceases to amaze me how Pixar can make CGI characters who radiate depth and emotion in ways flesh and blood actors can't.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 23 2010, 09:35 AM)

BTW they are making a sequel of the Incredibles, heard this a while back.

This isn't confirmed. There's always been rumors but all that's been confirmed are Monsters Inc 2 and Cars 2. I think Newt has been cancelled unfortunately.

We saw this last night and enjoyed it completely. I cried at the end, of course.

The 3D wasn't necessary, IMO. Nothing really stood out to me. Not worth the extra $.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 25 2010, 11:22 AM)
We saw this last night and enjoyed it completely. I cried at the end, of course.

The 3D wasn't necessary, IMO. Nothing really stood out to me. Not worth the extra $.

I agree! The film itself was so good that it didn't need the 3D to make it special.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 26 2010, 07:19 PM)
Everyone I have talked to around here has raved about this movie.

Might have to check it out.

How does this movie compare to the final Shrek flick?

It beats Shrek.

I've seen both and TS3 was a better movie...more laughs, better story and more tears at the end.

Now don't get me wrong both movies were great and I'm surprised there was not a Shrek 4 thread here on TRF. Both films were really funny, with good stories that fit with their predecessors perfectly, and both movies closed the stories well, with both laughs and tears. But Pixar did a better job closing up the saga of Woody, Buzz, Jesse and all if you have to compare the two.

I definitely felt a mild sense of loss when Shrek came to an end, and deservedly so...what hilariously fantastic movies. But maybe because Toy Story sort of started it all, because we got the movies in smaller doses, because I laughed along with my kids at the characters, as well as the underlying theme of separation and loss throughout the whole movie that reaches a climax at the end, the finish of TS was way more emotional. (I write this about a cartoon wacko.gif )

Both great movies, I just prefer TS3 if I have to choose.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Jun 27 2010, 04:39 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 26 2010, 07:19 PM)

It beats Shrek.

I've seen both and TS3 was a better movie...more laughs, better story and more tears at the end.

Now don't get me wrong both movies were great and I'm surprised there was not a Shrek 4 thread here on TRF. Both films were really funny, with good stories that fit with their predecessors perfectly, and both movies closed the stories well, with both laughs and tears. But Pixar did a better job closing up the saga of Woody, Buzz, Jesse and all if you have to compare the two.

I definitely felt a mild sense of loss when Shrek came to an end, and deservedly so...what hilariously fantastic movies. But maybe because Toy Story sort of started it all, because we got the movies in smaller doses, because I laughed along with my kids at the characters, as well as the underlying theme of separation and loss throughout the whole movie that reaches a climax at the end, the finish of TS was way more emotional. (I write this about a cartoon wacko.gif )

Both great movies, I just prefer TS3 if I have to choose.

Wow! You guys, I can tell by some of your posts that it's a tear jerker?

Never would have thought that.

Anyway I promised to take the girls to see it. Maybe we can see the movie in New Mexico. Should be 100 degree days. sad.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 26 2010, 08:19 PM)

It crushes Shrek. Shrek 4 is the worst Shrek movie and Toy Story 3 is one of the best animated movies I have ever seen. Great story, funny, poignant, it has it all. Shrek 4 is not good.

I will be going to see it when it opens in Scotland with my 19year old daughter.

It was the first movie I ever took her to & the first movie she ever saw in a theatre & we we went together to see TS2 when it came out so we will be completing the trilogy together which is nice popcorn.gif

Still haven't seen it yet but get this.....

Toy Story 1 came out when my son was around Andy's age...TS2 same thing. Now TS3 comes out, my son just graduated high school this year and is going to college in the fall. So Tanner has sort of grown up along with the movie trilogy.

Anyway tonight is one of those nights when I don't have anything planned, the wife is working and my band is on a short break so I ask my son if he wants to go see TS3 with me tonight. He replies "No but I'm glad you'll be out of the house. I'm having some friends over to swim and talk about the classes we want to take this fall".........

Betcha anything I cry like a baby while watching this movie. fists crying.gif